Dr. David Benatar Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. David Benatar?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

October 8th, 2012

GREAT doctor!

I have utilized the services of Dr. Benatar for a few years now. I have found that he is not only highly-competent, but also keeps constantly abreast of new technologies and studies as it applies to his profession. He is consistently gracious, empathetic, honest and professional. Brilliant gentleman.

June 30th, 2009

Called me a 'drug-addict'

I've been to see David many times in the last 10 years or so regarding pain in my back and more recently, my knee. I have x-rays, MRIs, and reports all documenting these ailments. In the past, he has given me Vicodin whenever I needed it to control the pain. He would also have no problem writing me a prescription between our follow-up appointments. The last couple of times I called, however, his tone totally changed. He basically started calling me a drug addict, and upon telling him that I thought the pain was getting worse, he said 'No, it's not. It can't be,' totally invalidating what I was really feeling. I was dumbfounded. So, not only did I skip a follow-up appointment I had with him because I felt that I was insulted, but now it looks like I'll have to search for a new doctor, which can be a long and arduous process. All he had to do was refer me to a pain management specialist if he didn't feel comfortable doling out pills. Now, I took the pills exactly as they were prescribed, never called in for an early refill, and basically followed his instructions to the letter. And still, I get scolded for it. He also said, 'You're only supposed to take them 'as needed.' Well, Doctor, I *needed* them every 4 hours, just like the bottle says.I understand his concerns, I really do. He doesn't want to be responsible for people becoming addicts. But there's a big difference between becoming addicted and becoming dependent. I don't want to be on pills for the rest of my life, but the he crossed a line with me and I shall not be seeing him again.I don't get you doctors. You give us these pills to control the pain, then you scold us when they actually work and we ask for more.

August 12th, 2008

I would highly recommend.

Dr. Benatar gets high marks for his thoroughness, bedside manner, conservative care and knowledge in treating my injury. I know of several other doctors that gave Dr. Benatar a solid recommendation.

August 3rd, 2017