Dr. David Benavides MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

September 29th, 2016
THE DOC TRIES TO ACT LIKE HE IS YOUR BEST FRIEND WHEN HES ONLY FOLLOWING ORDERS FROM ANOTHER COMPANY

June 24th, 2016
Waisted my money!
After a bad accident I was in excruciating pain. I had to wait for a month before they could get me in for an appointment. I thought the problem was in my neck. He told me that I just needed a breast reduction after raising my breasts and letting them drop. (Not once but twice!) He refused to take X-rays, and sent me for physical therapy. After 3 weeks with no improvement the physical therapist sent me back to him. I had to wait another month for an appointment to get back in to see him. Finally he ordered an MRI for my neck and both shoulders. My neck was fine, but I needed surgery on both shoulders!

March 22nd, 2016
I couldnt be more satisfied

January 29th, 2016
1st appt.
Wait time to see Dr. was very long. Nurse n Dr. Not overly friendly. Had to undress completely except for paper gown that wouldn't have covered my 10 yr old. I was not given a sheet or enen another paper napkin to cover back half, office extremely cold.

October 3rd, 2014
When I went in to see him, he didn't even bother to pull up my past MRI. He was very judgemental of my past. All in all, I would rate him a flat zero, but I have to at least give him 1 because it's a required field. He didn't care how much pain I was in. I will never see him again. I'll be looking elsewhere for a back specialist.

January 10th, 2014
I would recommend him to anyone! He does not bet around the bush and tells it like it is. He took the time to explain everything to us and was very compassionate. He had to perform major surgery (12 hours) on my husband which was a challenge for him because of the shape his back was in. Thinks to him, my husband now has a much more normal life and one with out pain. 5 stars all the way!!!!!!

May 24th, 2013
Recommend
I have seen Dr. Benavides several times. He has performed surgery on my cervical spine with excellent results, and my lumbar spine with good results on the area he operated on. I recommend him to anyone I know with back and/or neck problems. He takes time to listen to me and explain things to me. I appreciated the fact that he tells it like it is and doesn't necessarily sugar coat things.

March 21st, 2013
aweful
If I could give him a zero I would.The appointments that I had with him were aweful.I waited for over an hour once and then they didn't even have my file ready.He is rude,argumentative, condescending,callous, possesses no bedside manner,no respect for my time.And for sure no care of concern for my condition.My words fell on deaf ears. I would never recommend him to anyone I know.

March 2nd, 2012
Maribeth
Dr.'s bedside manner is wonderful!! The one on one time and the explanation of my test results (so I could understand them) was refreshing. It's rare when you find a Dr. to take the time to listen to you and explain your options and the ins and outs of what's going to happen-this surgeon is definitely one to listen to and trust with your delicate surgery decisions.