Obstetricians & Gynecologists

8316 Arlington Blvd
Ste 420
Fairfax, VA 22031
703-698-8060
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

|  Dismissive, terrible bedside manner  |  show details
Aug 21st, 2010

I recently became pregnant for the 4th time and saw Dr. Berry for my first appointment. I have had 3 c-sections, and he asked if I wanted a tubal during the c/s for this pregnancy. Although it would definitely be our last child, I said I couldn't make a decision with certainty right then. At that point, he became very rude and dismissive. When he performed a u/s, he discovered that the baby was measuring nearly 3 weeks behind. I was charting my fertility and know the exact date I ovulated, but I was told that I probably had my dates wrong. He showed no compassion for my belief that I am likely to miscarry; he obviously thought I was too stupid to know my own body. I asked if a D&C would affect my ability to carry a 4th child to term, and he rudely said that although he couldn't stop me, he would 'insist' I have the tubal afterward. I go back next week to confirm what's going on, but I will ask to see another doctor - and as soon as this nightmare is over, I'm going elsewhere.

|  excellent doctor  |  show details
by patient on Aug 25th, 2009

although dr berry is not the warmest doctor i've ever met, he is extremely competent and gives you choices while clearly explaining all of the risks. i remember him taking the time to draw a diagram for me of what a LEEP procedure would look like, and explaining why he recommended it for me, even though i could choose cryotherapy. i felt well informed and empowered to make my own choice - he told me think about the options and call back to schedule once I had come to a decision.