Dr. David Berry Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. David Berry?

Awesome

Posted on November 18th, 2015

He is amazing - he cares emensley about his patients. He will talk to you on the phone. Honest and straight forward

Cranky when on call

Posted on October 19th, 2015

The worst doctor ever. I made a call outside office hours due to some concern. When he called back he barked I go to emergency right away since I am calling outside office hours and did not bother to ask what my concern was. I called at 11:40pm. I decided to call my uncle who is also a doctor and followed my uncle's advice for some bed rest And I did fine. This person should never be on call if he cannot practice his profession properly.

Not the doctor for us

Posted on December 10th, 2014

I appreciate the difficulty and the wide range of situations, from happy to dispairing, that Dr. Berry must witness on a daily basis. However, if the going gets tough, his lack of sensitivity and lack of empathy make a difficult situation worse. We've lost multiple babies at varying stages, and from the first D&C through subsequent losses, his bedside manner leaves much to be desired. If a patient is in distress and upset, Dr. Berry's approach does not adjust accordingly. His approach is very matter of fact and whether intentional or not, it can come across as dismissive and leave the patient feeling that their experience is diminished. On the flip side, for our successful pregnancy that we were able to carry to term, he was warm and jovial. I'd recommend finding another doctor if you are dealing with a difficult situation and are looking for a provider that balances compassion with science. His facts and science are lost in the demeanor and tone with which he presents findings.

Paralegal

Posted on July 23rd, 2014

Dr. Berry has been my doctor for 20 years. I cannot imagine going anywhere else.

Dismissive, terrible bedside manner

Posted on August 21st, 2010

I recently became pregnant for the 4th time and saw Dr. Berry for my first appointment. I have had 3 c-sections, and he asked if I wanted a tubal during the c/s for this pregnancy. Although it would definitely be our last child, I said I couldn't make a decision with certainty right then. At that point, he became very rude and dismissive. When he performed a u/s, he discovered that the baby was measuring nearly 3 weeks behind. I was charting my fertility and know the exact date I ovulated, but I was told that I probably had my dates wrong. He showed no compassion for my belief that I am likely to miscarry; he obviously thought I was too stupid to know my own body. I asked if a D&C would affect my ability to carry a 4th child to term, and he rudely said that although he couldn't stop me, he would 'insist' I have the tubal afterward. I go back next week to confirm what's going on, but I will ask to see another doctor - and as soon as this nightmare is over, I'm going elsewhere.

excellent doctor

Posted on August 25th, 2009

although dr berry is not the warmest doctor i've ever met, he is extremely competent and gives you choices while clearly explaining all of the risks. i remember him taking the time to draw a diagram for me of what a LEEP procedure would look like, and explaining why he recommended it for me, even though i could choose cryotherapy. i felt well informed and empowered to make my own choice - he told me think about the options and call back to schedule once I had come to a decision.

Posted on February 21st, 2017