Dr. David Bettis MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

October 8th, 2016
Awesome Dr.
Dr. Bettis was our sons Neurologist. He was awesome. Cared for our child with great compassion. Our son was disabled and any time there was a problem, day or night, Dr. Bettis was always available. He was the only Dr. that had ever apologized for making an assumption. He gained my utmost respect that day.

June 24th, 2013
Compasionate
Having recently found this site, I find myself remiss in acknowledging Dr. Bettis. I was the Guardian of a granddaughter, almost from birth, diagnosed with Cytomegalovirus (CMV), with an estimated 1% chance of seeing her first birthday. I felt abandoned by family and friends as I traversed through a quagmire of bureaucracy with the State legal and healthcare systems. As my granddaughter grew so did the complications and the need for surgery and prosthetics. Dr. Bettis made himself available when unscheduled appointments became necessary. He worked with me to bring on new medications or alter dosages of existing medications to help control the pain from neuromuscular problems and aid in controlling seizures. He counseled me when all odds seemed insurmountable. As with other parents, I researched every avenue to look for that one thing that may have been overlooked by the medical profession that would make my granddaughter whole, the way a child should be. I became angry, lashing out at god, the medical profession, the State, family, and anyone else I could blame...even Dr. Bettis. I verbally fired two different physicians in their offices for having to wait too long in their waiting rooms when the wait extended into med and feeding times. I believed they lacked the concern for my granddaughter that I had and my intense determination of maintaining a punctual schedule. At times I demanded oxygen being on hand during an office visit when a seizure was imminent. Dr. Bettis obliged although I am not certain whether it was to pacify me or whether he believed in the high probability due to my granddaughter's condition. either way, Dr. Bettis was always professional, thoughtful, very well informed and I could always count on him to inform me straight up...not sugar coated. he was always concerned with my granddaughter's dress and demeanor. My granddaughter had an attitude and could be cantankerous although she was always on her best behavior while in Dr. Bettis' presence. Except the one time Dr. Bettis did not have on his "Toon Tie"...like all girls, she liked bright colors and bling. My granddaughter passed 23 days shy of her 8th birthday. Over those 8 years Dr. Bettis and his colleague...(you know who I speak of here) provided nothing short of the best care that could be expected with today's medicine. You stood by me and my granddaughter's side and I will always, always be greatful for all you did and treating us with dignity and respect. I realize that practicing medicine, in an unusual way, is like playing the lottery...sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, and sometimes you just become lost in hope. THANK YOU, "You're Simply the Best"

September 28th, 2012
5 minute Diagnosis
I took my son to Dr Bettis to see if we could figure out why he was having Seizure like episodes. He did a 5 minute exam, says it wasn't neurological it was his heart and that was all. I tried to tell him the heart monitor doesn't lie, it wasnt the heart. We were taken up to the top cardiologist and they found nothing. We end up having an MRI and it showed a 11mm Pineal cyst growing in his brain. Which they said is normal, Which it is very common, just not symptomatic, which my sons is. So I began to do the research and found out all of his symptoms were due to the cyst in his brain. I then took a copy of the journal, and the Journal of neurology trying to get some help and he cancels all appointments,sends a certified letter stating he will no longer see him. We now have to drive to SLC to see the Dr. It makes me sick, that because I found proof he canceled everything. My son is now getting treatment to control the seizure episodes.He isn't worth the money he charges. It makes me sick. Another student in my sons class was told the same thing, only he had brain tumors that had to be removed along with Chemo. It makes me sick that he does this to patients.

August 1st, 2012
Horrible communication skills.
This doctor has HORRIBLE bedside manners... and no sense of sympathy... and even worse communication skills. After my daughter spending the weekend in the hospital, she came home yesterday... only to have 4 more seizures... my ex called the office and left a message asking what to do. The nurse paged the doc and they got in to see him and he walks into the room and started being rude. At one point she addressed our daughter having 20 seizures over the weekend... his only response was "well I have patients that have over a hundred in a weekend.. well sir.. that tells me that you just might not be any good at what you do... he went on to ask my wife what the big deal.... well the big deal is my daughter is 3... and having an insane amount of seizures... we asked for an MRI... and he said.. why.. what's the point it will probably just come back clean... we hope it does... but that's not a reason to not do one.... my dad asked for an MRI a few years back... the doc said no... no point... 2 years later he had a seizure and went to the ER to learn he had a brain tumor that was too far along to treat.... he died 3 weeks later... Thanks bettis!

March 2nd, 2011
My daughter and I were very impressed....
with Dr. Bettis. He is very friendly and my daughter felt at ease with him. He immediately referred us to a disease specialist to confirm his opinion and has also sent the test results to UCSF for their opinion. We trust him completely.

December 1st, 2010
I read the opinions on the web about Dr Bettis, and I had second thoughts about nmy daughter seeing him. I am glad I kept her appointment. Not only did I think he was wonderful, so did my 16 year old daughter. He was very interested in her diagnosis and he is the first doctor that actually cared about her medical issues since she was diagnosed 15 years ago. He was also interested in how I have been taking her diagnosis for so long with no doctors to guide me with her problems. So no matter what ratings you read about ont he web, I would tell you that I am very pleased with Dr Bettis and don't judge a book by its cover. Meaning see the doctor and make your own decision

January 30th, 2009
My 29 year old son called me today to get Dr. Bettis' name. He sounded so awful I thought something had happened to his wife or one of the kids. He has recently been having migraine headaches again. He is at a doctors's office right now. About 15 to 20 years ago I brought my son to Dr. Bettis. After describing Seth's condition to Dr. Bettis he diagnosed his migraine headaches, gave us prescribtions for medications and we had follow up visits in Twin Falls. I wrote Dr. Bettis a thank you card for giving us back our happy, cheerful son who had been in so much pain. I will never be able to thank him enough for what he did for us. I would recommend him to any parent to care for their child.

July 7th, 2016