Dr. David Biats DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

October 10th, 2016
I m sure he saved my life by taking a biop right then

July 7th, 2016
Amazing Physician
Dr. Biats has been my OBGYN for over 15 years. I have always received outstanding care from him and his staff. He has a great bedside manor and is extremely skilled in his field. He has cared for me during two pregnancies and successfully delivered both babies with no complications even though I was induced for medical reasons. I would recommend Dr. Biats to anyone.

April 6th, 2016
I felt Dr. Biats and his staff were very professional and nice. I have only received excellent care from Dr. Biats and would recommend him to anyone.

March 26th, 2016
staff are extremely unprofessional. Biats himself, other then the fact he is a flirt. he is a great doctor.

March 16th, 2016
You have been warned
This was far and away the very poorest experience I have had with a physician or surgeon after over 14 surgeries pertaining to an ongoing history of endometriosis. Dr. Biats claimed to have removed my ovary, which he did not, and also completely neglected to remove an appendiceal mucocele, which could have been fatal if left in place or removed later.

February 12th, 2016
The Best
Dr.Biats is one of the greatest.

January 14th, 2016
Terrible!!!
I have been going to this practice for 16 yrs. and was transferred to this Dr..From first meeting to end of appointment he spent a total of 4 minutes with me. He was rude, and arrogant. Has NO bedside manner. Didn't want to listen to anything I said. I felt terrible when I left asking myself what just happened? I know Dr. M retired, but I don't know why he has this guy taking over his patients. He is terrible and I am leaving this practice.

November 20th, 2015
Ruined my life
I was referred to this office from my primary care physician for severe endometriosis & polyps all over my uterus and fallopian tubes Dr Baez decided with all the past medical history that I've had that I needed a hysterectomy I agreed with him and sign the papers to allow him to do the surgery biggest mistake of my life the side effects and everything that would happen to me after the surgery being only 28 years old and naive I didn't think to do the research on it I just wanted to feel better and the pain to go away the surgery went very fast & I lost a lot of blood I was anemic after my surgery and had to stay four days in the hospital during my hospital stay I was not cared for by the staff no one made me no one brought me food & the Dr only came in one time and that was on my release date I had several questions to ask the DR one included am I allowed to take a bath when I get home the Dr told me yes it was safe for me to take a bath I specifically said bath not shower I then developed an infection from taking a bath and had to be placed on antibiotics two weeks later I had a follow up at the doctors office he never once checked my incisions in my stomach or my vagina he simply stated that he was ready to put me on hormone replacement therapy we didn't really discuss the risks or the factors of the replacement therapies he said he was going to begin with giving me testosterone shots for 6 months and then put me on of estradiol pill again being 28 and naive I figured I better listen to my Dr without doing the research I later found out that it wasn't approved by the FDA to receive testosterone shots for women my body went through several changes me and my family suffered from this I would try to discuss the changes of my body with him at my follow ups and he never wants checked me he says oh that's that's okay that's normal I went to go back to my follow up my final follow up with him and he was gone the office was closed the Dr was nowhere to be found I found a new gynecologist who was not interested in even seeing me sad because I had a full hysterectomy that there was nothing they could do about eight years has passed now & I finally found a gynecologist who will see me considering that I'm having several problems well I found this Dr because I needed medical records from him in Lord and behold when the medical records was transferred to my new Dr they were inaccurate & falsified there's nothing in my records stating that he had me on testosterone therapy also the reasons for the hysterectomy were changed he put down all kinds of other stuff that was not even the case so now I'm wondering if the hysterectomy was even necessary at only 28 years old when it happened that was a life changing event I would not recommend this Dr to my dog and if you're thinking about seeing this Dr you really should think again

June 16th, 2015
Beware of this doctor
Horrible doctor and horrible experience.

June 11th, 2015
Outstanding
I'm pregnant with my first child and I'm " high risk" due to a bone disease. I've been so freaked out and scared. I was mostly nervous about finding a good doctor for both my baby and i. I'm in the hospital quite a lot and he always make it a point to come check in on me. He's a very very good doctor. And totally helps answer all your questions in a timely and detailed manor which is appreciated with someone like mother who asks "a lot". He makes everything so much less scary for me. And he will be my doctor for any further babies I have. I have total confidence in him. The staff at his offices are very kind as well. And I recommend him for any body looking for a good baby doctor, especially for your first. Don't take these other comments of him being in and out to fast, I don't feel rushed with him. I just understand he's busy and has a lot of patients who favor him which is a good thing. I'd rather see a busy doctor then one who has all the time in the world. That shows me other people like him as well.

May 24th, 2015
Horrible experience
This was such a disappointing experience I don't know where to start. I was excited about my first visit as a new mom to be but it quickly became a disaster. The receptionist couldn't find my appointment and accused me of being a walkin. Then she said they didn't take my insurance. I finally told her I had to be seen since I have been coming here and she said ok and suddenly found my appointment and my chart. When I saw Dr. Biats I told him how upset he was and he said they went through a big change and computers are still "messed up". He never said he was sorry and said I needed an ultrasound. I went to the receptionist to schedule and she didn't have an order for the ultrasound so I had to wait. Finally I left and made an appointment with Dr. Cousineau. I'll never go back to his practice.

May 5th, 2015
Beware
I was with this practice for 16 years before my doctor retired and I was handed to this doctor. I was not impressed with his slick, high-roller, 'I know everything' bedside manner and his dismissive attitude toward just about anything. He spent approx. 9 minutes with me between my very first office visit, pre-surgery in the PACU, and my follow-up by which time I had developed an infection. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone. I am transferring out of this practice due to this unfortunate experience. I do not like hype on these sites, but I would recommend you seek another doctor if you are looking for an ob/gyn. I have chronic endometriosis and was with the same surgeon for 16 years and now I have to search for a brand new doctor.