Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by Kudzu. DrScore.
 |  show details
Feb 8th, 2012

The doctor was prompt and thorough. He listened to my problems and didn't jump to any conclusions. I like his "watch the symptoms and see what happens" approach. He also said to call if I needed anything else. I was not thrilled with his front office staff, but his back of house staff was friendly and courteous.

|  Outrageous fee  |  show details
Jan 3rd, 2011

This doctor charged $75 for my dads disability form to get filled out. This is outrageous, customary charge is $25 not more than $35. He takes advantage of people because he knows they need this paperwork and can't get their disability without it. After waiting an hour to get seen and the doctor spending 5 minutes with us.

|  Brain Malformation  |  show details
Nov 9th, 2010

I went in to see Dr. Bliklen because I have been having terrible migraines, dizzyness, numbness and tingling in my head hands and arms. I have been previously diagnosed with Chairi1 Mild malformation now while I am open to suggestions all of my symptoms are associated with this brain abnormality. He proceeded to tell me he gaurantees there is nothing wrong with my brain and that I am simply stressed out. But! That he will request the tests to reassure me that everything is okay. How about not making your patients who are afraid of dying from their migraines feel stupid for coming to see you. Awesome!

|  Doctors Nurse is completely irresponseable  |  show details
Jun 15th, 2009

On 6/11/9, I dropped off some forms for the Dr. to fill out. The nurse (Jamie) informed me that Dr. D. Bliklen is out for the week and will be back on Monday. O 6/15/9, Dr. Bliklen's nurse called me at 1026am. When she called, she DID NOT leave a message as to why she called. I called back about 5 minutes later. She not not available. I was informed she was out to lunch. I called and spoke to the appointment personnel and she was not sure as to why Jamie called. I called again at 1235pm and Jamie was not available yet. I ended up having to call back after 2pm because the phones get turned over to an answering service. My complaint is because when I dropped off the papers the nurse should know that if the patient has forms for doctors to fill out what is his requirements. Ex: Does the Doctor require the patient to pay for them to be filled out.Next, When needing to contact the patient and the patient is unavailable, The nurse or the Doctor need to learn to leave messages as to why they are calling instead of making the patient wait or giving them the run around.

|  The worst  |  show details
by red2go on Feb 6th, 2009 on kudzu.com

I went to Dr. Bliklen (I had previously been diagnosed with MS) after a attack on my arm which affected my motor function of the arm and causing intense pain. He did not give me much of an exam but concluded that there was nothing wrong with me neurologicaly. No MS, and my arm was fine because he said so. Over the next several months the muscle deteriorated from my arm which was obvious without any tests but my MD sent me for MRI which confirmed severe muscle atropy. Like my title said the worst!

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  show details
Feb 5th, 2009

I had been previously diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. I began experiencing problems with my left arm loss of motor function. Due to an Insurance change I had to go to a new Neuologist (Dr. Bliklen)His diagnosis, I did not have MS or a problem with my arm nothing medically wrong. Over a period of months the muscle deteriorated (atrophy). He was arrogant, rude, and wrong.