Dr. David Blumberg MD Patient Reviews

3.6
  • 10 reviews

January 9th, 2016
Colon resection
The Doctoor and staff were excellent and very very caring I would and have recommended him to many friends. He is a wonderful Doc Martin

January 12th, 2015
Best Dr. I've been to. I really miss him, wish I knew where he's practice is now he left Pittsburgh. I would consider traveling if possible. Need an update in the system so we can find him again.

May 4th, 2014
He is the Best!
Doctor saved my mother's life after she was transferred from AGH with holes in her intestine from botched surgery there. Dr. B deserves his reputation as the Top Doctor in The U.S. as reported by US News!

May 3rd, 2014
Most caring and concerned doctor I have ever met.surgery went well and I was most pleases with Dr Blumberg! He cured me if colon cancer!

May 3rd, 2014
Most Caring Doctor
I had complicated rectal cancer surgery I am a doctor myself. Dr. Blumberg is the most caring surgeon I have ever me. He saved my life!

February 13th, 2014
Great surgery
My family and I had a visit with Dr. Blumberg to determine what could be done for me. He explained everything in very clear terms that I would need part of my colon removed due to a couple of suspicious spots from the past two years colonoscopies performed by another doctor. After the visit we decided on having the surgery. The morning of the surgery Dr. Blumberg again explained what would be his direction and what complications could result. I am happy to say that he had made the correct decision and the resection of the colon went without difficulty. Operated on a Friday morning and discharged on the following Monday. His explanation of the surgery and the recovery time was very clear. I would recommend him to anyone at anytime.

February 25th, 2013
Great Doctor
With constant hemorrhoid problems, it was hard to find answers and treatment. I've been going to Dr. Blumberg for 8 years and his conservative treatments and techniques get the job done without going overboard on medication and procedures. He is one of the few doctors in the Pittsburgh area that has the equipment and training to do IRC treatment for hemorrhoid problems. He is always available to reach by phone and has a wonderful demeanor. While the office is somewhat dated, this does not carry over to his abilities as a doctor. Highly recommend.

October 23rd, 2012
Best doctor I have ever had. I recommend him highly. He is caring and has great bedside manners, He saved my life

May 24th, 2011
not recommended
I got the surgery today provided by doctor Blumberg at Shadyside Hospital.After surgery I started experiencing a sharp stabbing pain in rectal area and tried to contact doctor Bllumberg office for emergency assistance. The operator tried to page doctor Blumberg 4 times but he would not respond. I was suffering from pain but doctor Blumberg turned his back to me in a moment of need.I'm extremely disappointed by the service provided by doctor Blumberg.

August 2nd, 2009
Dr. Blumberg was careful with his diagnosis; exacting with his surgery; caring and sympathetic with me as a patient. I thought he was wonderful.