Sports Medicine Specialist, Orthopedic Surgeons, Surgical Specialist
555 W Wackerly St
Ste 2600
Midland, MI 48640
989-631-0512
Locations and availability (1)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Hoorible!  |  show details
May 9th, 2014

Dr. Bortel is a rude, unprofessional, and all around awful person.

|  show details
Nov 14th, 2013

Avoid at all costs! Visited Dr. Bortel as I was experiencing pain in knee when I was RUNNING. He did not order an MRI rather just told me he'd like to scope it to "look around". When I awoke in recovery the nurse told me that the good Dr. had removed the meniscus in my knee as well as a few other things. At no time was this discussed, nor was I ever given the opportunity to discuss any options. Since this time (5 years) I have pain DAILY and have never run again. I have endured many synvisc series and have to take Ibuprofen daily. Dr. Bortel would never admit there was any other option for me or that he may have made a poor decision. He is very arrogant. I WOULD HIGHLY SUGGEST THAT YOU AVOID THIS MAN AT ALL COSTS!!

|  stay clear  |  show details
Nov 15th, 2012

The first visit was dreadful. The front office staff yelled and was very rude because we were not 1/2 hour early. Was never informed to be 1/2 hour early so showed up 10 minutes early. Because of this we had to reschedule which was almost a month later. The second visit was worse then the first. The front staff seamed nicer but then Borte, himself was even more rude than the staff. He told us that we were stupid because one of the test results was not in the file. He said the could not help us because we were incompetent because we did not know what was in his file and then he argued we us about a treatment that my husband did not have. We left his office very up set worse then the first visit. Then my family doctor tells us that he refuses to see or treat my husband any more. that is fine we were not going to go back there any more. Why would we want to be called stupid any more. Then I find out that 2 other doctors will not see my husband now. Is that because of him, I wonder or are they just booked up. If he is making it to where other doctors will not see my husband then he really has a problem. He is not a good doctor at all. His clothes and hair are a mess, looks and acts unprofessional with patients. I have never been treated so badly and unprofessional by a doctor and doctors office in my life. Should have his license pulled from him. Would not take a sick and dying animal to him I have more respect for animals. Stay clear and very far far away from this guy if you have any respect for your self because he sure has no respect for any one that goes to see him.