Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat), Surgical Specialist
Video profile
242 E Main St
Somerville, NJ 08876
908-704-9696
Locations and availability (4)

2.5

• Currently 3.1904761904762 of 4 stars
  • Currently 2.4761904761905 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Lindsey Jankay on Mar 22nd, 2014

Dr. Bortnicker did my sinus surgery ten years ago after having about 7 sinus infections a year. Since that time I have had only one. I would definitely do the surgery again. I was very pleased with his care and the outcome of the surgery. I also like that he tries non medication interventions before prescribing a medication. He is a wonderful doctor which is why I chose to see him this year for some problems I was having with headaches during my pregnancy. This time too his care was wonderful. I had a question for him, left him a message and he called me back that day. Will always use Dr. Bortnicker!!!

|  surgery for deviated septum  |  show details
by paul d on Oct 7th, 2013

had breathing issues my entire life. The surgery Doctor B preferred fixed everything. Wish I was informed this was available when I was involved in running while I was in High school. He does a great job and anwered every question on what was going to be done in surgery.

|  Do your homework  |  show details
Jul 26th, 2013

This doctor does the same scope into the sinuses test on everyone "just to check for polyps". That's fine but what's not acceptable is that he is abrupt, doesn't use lidocaine unlike other ENTs so it is extruciating. He told me i had acid reflux and buy prevacid. I went for a 2nd opinion elsewhere and it was determined that i had a deviated septum and my nasal passages were completely closed off. So much for acid reflux! Just do your homework when researching who to trust as your doctor.

Jul 15th, 2013

I do not recommend this doctor - he performed septoplasty and did it so poorly that i had to have a different doctor re-do the entire procedure. He is rude and will do unnecessary scope test in his office - beware! He sticks a long tube with a camera on it without numbing it first and then is annoyed when you tell him it hurt.

|  Very Rude Abrupt Unhumane  |  show details
Jun 11th, 2012

When I Saw Dr Bortniker I felt everything I said was insignificant . He wasnt listening to my complaints he did a MRI and said everything was fine regardless of my horrific symptoms and valid complaints . I felt belittled he wasnt talking to me but through me . Quiet abrupt and rude . His staff apparently with the same ideology and mannerisms as him . The Secretary yelled vital personal information across the waiting room . When I asked why she would do that she said Well you werent at the desk As though Im a mind reader and know when this imbecile is going to stand up and scream my medical information through a crowded waiting room . I see theres two Dr David Bortnikers Scroll down and theres a David L Bortniker much more accuracy of his unorthodox antics then on this list . These posts seem like staff posted favortism

|  Rude  |  show details
May 23rd, 2012

I have given Dr. Bortniker multiple visits to redeem himself but he has a tendency to be on the rude side and I have never waited less than 30 minutes for any appointment (last appt was 1 hr and 15 minutes). I hired Dr. Bortniker on a recommendation and he performed a procedure for a deviated septum. I have felt worse in the 4 years since the surgery and have doubts if it was done correctly.

Jan 7th, 2012

That is NOT one of the great places to visit!! Not whatsoever!!! I got billed 1400 bucks for single visit to both "partners", him and allergist in his practice. !!!! None of them did anything to help me with my problem. Now I am stuck with the bill.

Aug 12th, 2011

Dr Bortniker has treated me twice in previous years first when I needed sinus surgery (not one sinus infection since that surgery 15 years ago), and the second time after I'd been treated for asthma for 10 years and then saw Dr Bortniker who re-diagnosed and solved the problem. Now working on a new problem ~ I have total confidence in his care and treatment in this new situation.

|  My 2 boys  |  show details
by DG on Mar 16th, 2011

Dr. Bortniker took out both of my sons tonsils and was very through, very nice and did an excellent job! we have been to him for ear problems and he always gets to the bottom of the problem, he takes his time and answers all your questions....i recommend Dr Bortniker, he is EXCELLENT!!!!

|  Excellent care  |  show details
Feb 28th, 2011

Excellent diagnostic ability, medical advice and understanding for what I was feeling. Will definitely recommend to anyone who needs this type of specialist.

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
Apr 15th, 2010

Dr. Bortniker is excellent. He immediately diagnosed me and had me in the operating room within 2 weeks. My horrible sinus problems/sinus infections that have been on-going for over 20 years are gone.However, I find the staff to be somewhat unprofessional. Although appointments seem to be readily available, I waited anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 1/2 hours in the waiting room and/or in the patient room. I have seen the receptionists forget about patients in the waiting room (although they cross them off the list) until the patient finally says something, and they are not apologetic about forgetting patients and seem rude about it. They did do a good job with my insurance claims though.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Clarissa Pagan on Dec 28th, 2009

Very professional & great Doctor.

|  umm  |  show details