Dr. David Bortniker MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 19th, 2016
I was able to get an appointment right away. Filled out forms in advance because they have them online which was really convenient. When I arrived I was promptly greeted and there was almost no waiting at all. Dr. Bortniker was very pleasant and able to quickly assess the symptoms to isolate the problem. Then he was generous with explaining causes and treatment plan. It did not take long for me to feel better. I also received follow up care instructions to ensure I was progressing as expected. Excellent doctor providing excellent care.

August 14th, 2015
Lifechanging
Over the course of the 12 years that I searched for relief 6 different excellent and skilled doctors had tested, diagnosed & treated me for "asthma" which it certainly appeared to be. I, and all those who were around me, suffered hearing my loud, hard and incessant cough - it was very debilitating and was a serious problem for me and to anyone nearby. Neighbors several acres away could hear my all-night coughing sessions. The only comparison I can make is imagine spending several hours a day for 12 years coughing as you do if you inhale water while swimming ~ but louder and harder. After many, many courses of steroids 'for asthma' my joints were damaged and I was in frequent pain. At the end of that 12 year time period I went to Dr Bortniker for a long-forgotten reason, and had mentioned the incessant harsh cough. Very quickly into the exam he told me the cough was likely caused by gastric reflux which I knew I had but thought was controlled by once daily Nexium. He said he was going to put me on a 2nd Nexium / day for just a few days. After 3 days I've never again had that exceptional cough. I'm not sure it would be too dramatic or a stretch to say he may have saved my life. With tremendous gratitude ~

May 22nd, 2015
I had a sinus infection for 4 months, needed major surgery, he wasnt sure he could get it done in one day, he did, sleeping for the first time in 30 years straight through the night, breathing 100% better, less sinus infections , no blockages this season, it has been great

February 25th, 2015
Sinus Surgery
Dr. Bortniker did my sinus surgery over 20 years ago and I have only had 2 sinus infections since then. Before my surgery, I had so many infections that my family doctor told me that he couldn't give me any more antibiotic and to see Dr. Bortniker. What a pleasure to not have sinus headaches or infections! It was the best surgery I've had.

March 22nd, 2014
Dr. Bortnicker did my sinus surgery ten years ago after having about 7 sinus infections a year. Since that time I have had only one. I would definitely do the surgery again. I was very pleased with his care and the outcome of the surgery. I also like that he tries non medication interventions before prescribing a medication. He is a wonderful doctor which is why I chose to see him this year for some problems I was having with headaches during my pregnancy. This time too his care was wonderful. I had a question for him, left him a message and he called me back that day. Will always use Dr. Bortnicker!!!

October 7th, 2013
surgery for deviated septum
had breathing issues my entire life. The surgery Doctor B preferred fixed everything. Wish I was informed this was available when I was involved in running while I was in High school. He does a great job and anwered every question on what was going to be done in surgery.

July 26th, 2013
Do your homework
This doctor does the same scope into the sinuses test on everyone "just to check for polyps". That's fine but what's not acceptable is that he is abrupt, doesn't use lidocaine unlike other ENTs so it is extruciating. He told me i had acid reflux and buy prevacid. I went for a 2nd opinion elsewhere and it was determined that i had a deviated septum and my nasal passages were completely closed off. So much for acid reflux! Just do your homework when researching who to trust as your doctor.

July 15th, 2013
I do not recommend this doctor - he performed septoplasty and did it so poorly that i had to have a different doctor re-do the entire procedure. He is rude and will do unnecessary scope test in his office - beware! He sticks a long tube with a camera on it without numbing it first and then is annoyed when you tell him it hurt.

June 11th, 2012
Very Rude Abrupt Unhumane
When I Saw Dr Bortniker I felt everything I said was insignificant . He wasnt listening to my complaints he did a MRI and said everything was fine regardless of my horrific symptoms and valid complaints . I felt belittled he wasnt talking to me but through me . Quiet abrupt and rude . His staff apparently with the same ideology and mannerisms as him . The Secretary yelled vital personal information across the waiting room . When I asked why she would do that she said Well you werent at the desk As though Im a mind reader and know when this imbecile is going to stand up and scream my medical information through a crowded waiting room . I see theres two Dr David Bortnikers Scroll down and theres a David L Bortniker much more accuracy of his unorthodox antics then on this list . These posts seem like staff posted favortism

May 23rd, 2012
Rude
I have given Dr. Bortniker multiple visits to redeem himself but he has a tendency to be on the rude side and I have never waited less than 30 minutes for any appointment (last appt was 1 hr and 15 minutes). I hired Dr. Bortniker on a recommendation and he performed a procedure for a deviated septum. I have felt worse in the 4 years since the surgery and have doubts if it was done correctly.

January 7th, 2012
That is NOT one of the great places to visit!! Not whatsoever!!! I got billed 1400 bucks for single visit to both "partners", him and allergist in his practice. !!!! None of them did anything to help me with my problem. Now I am stuck with the bill.

August 12th, 2011
Dr Bortniker has treated me twice in previous years first when I needed sinus surgery (not one sinus infection since that surgery 15+ years ago), and the second time after I'd been treated for asthma for 10 years and then saw Dr Bortniker who re-diagnosed and solved the problem. Now working on a new problem ~ I have total confidence in his care and treatment in this new situation.