Neurologist (brain, nervous system), Psychiatrists
1841 Broadway
Rm 1009
New York, NY 10023
212-245-1331
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  HIT IT LUCKY  |  show details
by JK on Apr 26th, 2014

Referred by another psychiatrist to Dr, Brody for investigation and treatment of possible psychological effects of traumatic brain injury. After making an appointment to see him in 1 1/2 months, spent days looking into insurance policies that covered him and the psychologists he works with, further diagnostic tests I might need, and top doctors in other areas Also spent at least 6 grueling hours filling out a detailed pre-visit questionnaire before our scheduled appointment. Was enthusiastically, and with high hopes, looking forward to finally having the problem solved once and for all. A day later I received a very short one sentence email from him saying he had decided not to see me. After catching my breath I called to find out why and was told he had no experience with traumatic brain injury. I suppose the doctor who referred me to him was a complete incompetent idiot. But the cold, unfeeling "No" Brody sent me without explanation makes me realize how truly clueless he is when it comes to peoples' emotions.

|  Happy with Doctor Brody  |  show details
Dec 23rd, 2013

I am surprised to read some of the negative reviews of Dr. Brody. I see him for Rx management only (little therapy), but he manages to ask some pointed questions during our visits and I feel as though he is doing exactly what he is supposed to do, and I am benefiting from his care. He is always polite and he is very easy (for me) to talk to. Some reviews here say that he is cold and impersonal - I would not say he is the warmest doctor I have ever seen but warm and caring does not always equate to proper care, nor is it always authentic.

|  Patient  |  show details
by Russ on Oct 14th, 2013

My experiences with Dr Brody have always been 100% positive. I find him to be a kind, considerate therapist. I only have good things to say about him. Been a patient for a couple of years now.

|  Awful, Awful, Awful  |  show details
Nov 28th, 2012

See a different doctor.

|  Excellent Choice  |  show details
Nov 10th, 2012

Don't know why anyone would give him a low rating. I'm a therapist myself, and he is a very bright Dr. and very good diagnostician. I've been doing this for 22 years, and I think you ought to listen to me as far as his skill is concerned. And, that's what you care about, isn't it?

|  Bad Quality  |  show details
Jan 10th, 2012

Dr. Brody simply isn't good at his jobwhich is diagnosing psychiatric conditions and prescribing the appropriate meds. I had a perfectly fine prescription for my condition before switching to him due to location, yet he decided to switch the drugs just to try it out. These drugs did not work and caused the former prescription to be ineffective. He also suggested some other pills which gave me the worst stomach pains of my life. He's brutal when it comes to billingmissing a session by accident will cost you a pretty penny, not to mention scamming the insurance companies by charging for 45 min when in reality its 5.

|  awful  |  show details
Nov 22nd, 2011

My experience with Dr. Brody was truly awful. He embodies everything that is wrong about the psychiatric community--he is cold, impersonal, unsympathetic, uncaring. I felt as though he were a machine. I didn't feel that he made an unaccurate diagnosis or that he was overly-medicated, which i can appreciate. but that is all. He treats patients as factories though, and there is no excuse for that. Please, I implore you, not just for my sake, as i am lucky to find other avenues of help, but for others who truly need a kind, empathetic soul to speak to, work on your kindness and regard for others.

|  l  |  show details
Nov 11th, 2011

My experience with Dr.Brody was so-so. He always seemed rushed to get me out of his office and was pretty cold. A couple of times I cancelled well within his cancellation period and he sent me bills for the full appointment amount (without insurance coverage) and claimed I could no longer be his patient since I violated his policy. Luckily, I cancelled the appointments via email and resent them to him as proof. I'm fairly certain he would not have listened to me if I had cancelled via phone and did not have proof which is worrisome. The only reason I continued seeing Dr. Brody was because I had a hectic work schedule and he worked around the corner and took my insurance. I have since moved to another city and am taking my time to find a new doctor since I know how important they are to my well being.

|  Social worker  |  show details
Jul 28th, 2011

Enjoy going to see this doctor. He is punctual with the appointments, he listens to what you have to say, he answers your questions and he is on time with the appointments. I higly recommend this doctor to anyone.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
May 22nd, 2011

I highly recommend Dr. Brody. He is caring, professional, and goes beyond expectations.

|  show details
May 12th, 2011

I think Dr. Brody is a wonderful doctor. He's gotten me through some tough times.

|  Save yourself the trouble.  |  show details
Nov 23rd, 2010

Dr. Brody is a quack, plain and simple. I wasted one and a half years of my life in treatment with him and ended up feeling worse than when I began. I have since been seeing another doctor for less than two months and feel tremendously better than when I was seeking treatment from Dr. Brody. He is uncaring, accusatory and extremely biased. Please save yourself the time and money and see another doctor with positive feedback from other patients . That is exactly what I did this time around and have no regrets. Good luck.

|  Dr. Brody is a nightmare  |  show details
Jul 29th, 2010

I was far worse off after Dr. Brody's "treatment" of me than I was before it. Moreover, his response to the crisis situations he left me in was worse than uncaring. It was hostile. I believe that Dr. Brody is the worst doctor I have had the misfortune to deal with in my life.