Dr. David Brody MD Patient Reviews

November 3rd, 2016
Very pleased
Never pushes too fast

January 6th, 2016
I would not recommend Dr. Brody. I went to see Dr. Brody because he takes my health insurance and I liked the location of his office. He typed away on his laptop while I spoke and made little eye contact. He was biting his nails at some point. His responses were condescending at times. When asking for clarification, he said several times, "I already KNOW that" but he actually misunderstood me which is why I had to repeat myself to him. I don't trust his diagnostic ability, as he disagreed with the diagnosis I had been given by five other psychiatrists. I would not feel comfortable taking any medication prescribed by him, because I know it might be dangerous for me to take some of the medication he suggested if the other psychiatrists are correct about my diagnosis, and I strongly believe that they are.

September 30th, 2015
Found him to be basically adequate. I did always have the sense of being rushed during appointments and he does come across as distanced and removed, but he took my insurance and that was key. I really did not like that it at times took weeks to respond to a voicemail or email contact, but I couldn't afford to go out of network.

April 26th, 2014
HIT IT LUCKY
Referred by another psychiatrist to Dr, Brody for investigation and treatment of possible psychological effects of traumatic brain injury. After making an appointment to see him in 1 1/2 months, spent days looking into insurance policies that covered him and the psychologists he works with, further diagnostic tests I might need, and top doctors in other areas Also spent at least 6 grueling hours filling out a detailed pre-visit questionnaire before our scheduled appointment. Was enthusiastically, and with high hopes, looking forward to finally having the problem solved once and for all. A day later I received a very short one sentence email from him saying he had decided not to see me. After catching my breath I called to find out why and was told he had no experience with traumatic brain injury. I suppose the doctor who referred me to him was a complete incompetent idiot. But the cold, unfeeling "No" Brody sent me without explanation makes me realize how truly clueless he is when it comes to peoples' emotions.

December 23rd, 2013
Happy with Doctor Brody
I am surprised to read some of the negative reviews of Dr. Brody. I see him for Rx management only (little therapy), but he manages to ask some pointed questions during our visits and I feel as though he is doing exactly what he is supposed to do, and I am benefiting from his care. He is always polite and he is very easy (for me) to talk to. Some reviews here say that he is cold and impersonal - I would not say he is the warmest doctor I have ever seen but warm and caring does not always equate to proper care, nor is it always authentic.

October 14th, 2013
Patient
My experiences with Dr Brody have always been 100% positive. I find him to be a kind, considerate therapist. I only have good things to say about him. Been a patient for a couple of years now.

November 28th, 2012
Awful, Awful, Awful
See a different doctor.

November 10th, 2012
Excellent Choice
Don't know why anyone would give him a low rating. I'm a therapist myself, and he is a very bright Dr. and very good diagnostician. I've been doing this for 22 years, and I think you ought to listen to me as far as his skill is concerned. And, that's what you care about, isn't it?

January 10th, 2012
Bad Quality
Dr. Brody simply isn't good at his jobwhich is diagnosing psychiatric conditions and prescribing the appropriate meds. I had a perfectly fine prescription for my condition before switching to him due to location, yet he decided to switch the drugs just to try it out. These drugs did not work and caused the former prescription to be ineffective. He also suggested some other pills which gave me the worst stomach pains of my life. He's brutal when it comes to billingmissing a session by accident will cost you a pretty penny, not to mention scamming the insurance companies by charging for 45 min when in reality its 5.

November 22nd, 2011
awful
My experience with Dr. Brody was truly awful. He embodies everything that is wrong about the psychiatric community--he is cold, impersonal, unsympathetic, uncaring. I felt as though he were a machine. I didn't feel that he made an unaccurate diagnosis or that he was overly-medicated, which i can appreciate. but that is all. He treats patients as factories though, and there is no excuse for that. Please, I implore you, not just for my sake, as i am lucky to find other avenues of help, but for others who truly need a kind, empathetic soul to speak to, work on your kindness and regard for others.

November 11th, 2011
l
My experience with Dr.Brody was so-so. He always seemed rushed to get me out of his office and was pretty cold. A couple of times I cancelled well within his cancellation period and he sent me bills for the full appointment amount (without insurance coverage) and claimed I could no longer be his patient since I violated his policy. Luckily, I cancelled the appointments via email and resent them to him as proof. I'm fairly certain he would not have listened to me if I had cancelled via phone and did not have proof which is worrisome. The only reason I continued seeing Dr. Brody was because I had a hectic work schedule and he worked around the corner and took my insurance. I have since moved to another city and am taking my time to find a new doctor since I know how important they are to my well being.

July 28th, 2011
Social worker
Enjoy going to see this doctor. He is punctual with the appointments, he listens to what you have to say, he answers your questions and he is on time with the appointments. I higly recommend this doctor to anyone.