General Practitioner, Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Park 100
8450 Northwest Blvd
Indianapolis, IN 46278
317-917-4388
Locations and availability (8)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Excellent, caring, knowledgeable, compassionate Extension of God's Hands  |  show details
by Anita M. Way on Jan 4th, 2014

I believe you are the wonderful, incredible surgeon who took care of our son, Brian L. Way, in 2005 at the Methodist Hospital (Hospital of Hope). All you seemed concerned about was fixing Brian's hip after his accident here in La Porte, IN. You commented, "Let's get this young man back on his feet so he can get on with his life." Money was not your top concern . . . your patient was! We found out you enjoy baking cookies! Brian was a large (350 lb.) man at the age of 33 who desperately needed to be helped, and you answered our plea through Dr. Cornwell's request. If you truly are the surgeon with the "W" on your chest (wonderful man) we thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Brian has since passed into Glory, but you were a terrific humanitarian. His big heart now beats out praises, but we still gratefully remember you.

|  show details
by Natalie Hetser on Aug 31st, 2013

He has given me a inspiration to study orthopedic/ trauma doctor. He is very understanding and makes sure you know what's going on. He likes to joke around and make laughs which is always good when you are stressed out about what is wrong. He is a very very good doctor.

|  He Saved my life!  |  show details
by Melinda Elzy on Jun 30th, 2013

The BEST!!! No one compares!! Saved my life with the correct diagnoses!! Most Compassionate, caring, and expert Trauma Doctor ever!!

|  Dr. Brokaw is the BEST!!  |  show details
by Teri Chapman on Apr 3rd, 2013

I was life-lined to Methodist Hospital a few years ago, with life threatening injuries from an auto accident and several bones broken & crushed. Dr. Brokaw first of all saved my life and then after surgeries and months of treatments, I was able to walk again. I believe if it were not for Dr. Brokaw, I would not be walking today!! He also has a very caring bedside manner! I highly recommend him!!

|  show details
Oct 14th, 2012

Dr. Brokaw gave me the best Orthopedic Treatment I have ever recieved. I highly recommend him to anyone who has any orthopedic issues due to his care. He is the nicest physician in all of Indianapolis bar none.

|  Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde  |  show details
Sep 17th, 2012

First appointment went fine with an apparently consummate professional reviewing my symptoms and medical history. Later appointment was poor with this doctor berating and lecturing me for expressing my anxiety and reluctance to have a highly invasive, non-reversible surgery. Do not go to this doctor if you hope to enter into a partnership with him in your personal medical treatment and care. You will be treated as a child at best, or you will be vilified and scolded for questioning his plan of treatment at worst. Saddest part is that I wasn't completely reluctant to have a surgical procedure. I know I probably will need one, and that is why I was there to see him in the first place. (Orthopedic surgeon, duh!) I am just not sure that the scope of what he wanted to prescribe is absolutely necessary and that perhaps a less aggressive procedure would provide the much-needed relief. I didn't know that asking for less would produce this kind of outburst and animosity so early in our doctor-patient relationship. I would recommend he become a better listener or get some counseling in anger management.

|  worst dr. i have ever been to  |  show details
Jul 18th, 2012

I went to mr. Brokaw for a workers comp. Injury and he intentionally lied to the insurance about my condition because of this I never got the treatment I needed and caused me to live the rest of my life in pain. I have no dout that he has the ability to be a good doctor, he just does not have the chemical make up to put his patients ahead of his financial gain for his lies. It is sad that a person can say first do no harm, and not even care if he adheres to it. In my opinion he is the definition of a crooked doctor that does not deserve the prestigious title of Doctor hinge the reason I refer to him simply as Mr. Brokaw

|  Dr. Brokaw Saved my LIFE!  |  show details
Jun 27th, 2011

Don't hesitate to have Dr. Brokaw treat you or perform surgery on you! He performed 4 life saving surgeries on my leg. I had contracted Flesh Eating Bacteria, was turned AWAY by 5 doctors who said THEY DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO HELP ME, Dr. Brokaw was pulled out of surgery to operate on me, and because of his INTELLIGENCE and GIFTS as a DOCTOR, I am here today, have FULL FUNCTION of my leg and it looks perfectly NORMAL! His bedside manner is Excellent, HE CARES! He is STRAIGHT forward. I wouldn't hesitate for him to treat any of my family or friends! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! His staff and P.A.'s are SUPERB!

|  The best ortho trauma doc in Indy  |  show details
Jan 7th, 2011

Dr. Brokaw is the best orthopedic surgeon one could hope for in Indianapolis or perhaps anywhere. He is as knowledgeable as he is unpretentious. I'm walking today because of his skill and caring. The only negative I could think of for him is that no one has cloned him as of yet!!