Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Feb 7th, 2015

I felt he was not present during my appointment and I felt rushed out the door. I did not feel that my concerns were addressed.

think twice show details think twice
Feb 7th, 2015

Dr Brownstein has a nice demeanor but I am sad to say I would never recommend him to anybody who has health issues. He did not change my thyroid meds in 15 years and I started to get very very sick from not being medicated properly. He did not address the adrenals and all consequently I had a major crash that went unnoticed. It took me a long time to recover. Sadly I encountered 4 other people who have had a similar experience. Thyroid issues need a doctor who will monitor closely and make changes as needed. His books are great and he is very personable but please look for someone who pays close attention to your issues...especially if you have endocrine issues. He is very pleasant but I think he should focus on his books and speaking. He does not put what he knows into practice. I have never written a review like this before but I feel this was the right thing to do.

checking out Dr. Brownstein show details checking out Dr. Brownstein
by Terri Lynn on Aug 2nd, 2014

I am doing research on Dr. Brownstein. I wonder if he reads these reviews because it is pretty unanimous that his office staff is very weak and unprofessional. That doesn't set a very good tone for his practice. I wonder why he doesn't correct this. He does get good reviews on his own, but as we all know you have to deal with the entire practice.

Mark as Helpful  | 15 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Apr 29th, 2014

A reflection of a professional business is the greeting you receive when you call or speak with the people that schedule you and tell you about the office. Unfortunately this office has the most unprofessional office manager. One would think with the popularity and reputation that Dr Brownstein has that he would hire people that offer professionalism and kindness toward the community that he serves.

Mark as Helpful  | 18 people found this helpful Report Abuse
"Run" to get an appointment show details "Run" to get an appointment
by Lesley S on Nov 12th, 2013

It has been my experience that many excellent physicians having lengthy wait times, not necessarily a negative. If we all "ran" whenever doctors claimed to be able to cure cancer and charged huge prices for the medicines to be able to do just that...then the medical community as a whole and all pharmaceutical companies would have been out of business 40 years ago. Dr. Brownstein is an excellent, knowledgeable practitioner of both allopathic and holistic medicine.

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Buyer be ware show details Buyer be ware
by SM, Ph.D. on Jul 4th, 2013

Anyone who promises unrealistic expectations for medical illnesses, and most unethical and despicable of all, cures for cancer, and then encourages patients to buy buy buy his products should be treated with extreme skepticim. I was surprised by the promises and lack of knowledge, and beat a hasty retreat.

Mark as Helpful  | 31 people found this helpful Report Abuse
none show details none
by NotAcknowledged on May 22nd, 2013

Phones are not answered too well. Everytime I call it rings and rings. Emails are not answered as well.

Mark as Helpful  | 15 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Amazing and helpful holistic MD show details Amazing and helpful holistic MD
Dec 4th, 2012

If you are fortunate enough to be a patient of Dr. Brownsteins you will get the best care an MD can give you. His practice is still at wait list for good reason.

Mark as Helpful  | 20 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Jenny show details Jenny
Jun 28th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Brownsteins for many years. He is an excellent physician and so gifted/talented at diagnosing and providing gentle holistic treatment. He's a breath of fresh air in the medical field! Only wish we had more Docs like him. Have to travel a long way to see him but I know it's so worth the trip. I have my life back to prove it!

Mark as Helpful  | 38 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Great Doc show details Great Doc
Mar 11th, 2012

Dr. B spends time with his patients and truly cares.

Mark as Helpful  | 20 people found this helpful Report Abuse
A doc with a heart... show details A doc with a heart...
Jan 4th, 2012

Dr. Brownstein is a joy! He has a compassionate (excellent) bedside manner and is very good at figuring out health issues as well as creating a do-able plan for the best approach (holistic or medical) to address the cause.I appreciate his openness and willingness to explain his findings in a non-medical way. Only wish we had MORE like him all over the U.S.!!I love his natural approach to health!!

Mark as Helpful  | 27 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Changed my life show details Changed my life
Nov 27th, 2011

I don't think Dr Brownstein is accepting new patients, but he certainly changed MY life. Get all of his books (www.drbrownstein.com) and read them, then find a functional medicine physician near you to find the answers you need. Find specialty trained physicians at www.worldhealth.net.In Good Health ... Cheryl Wisdom MS RN FAARFM

Mark as Helpful  | 42 people found this helpful Report Abuse
May 6th, 2009

While this doctor did diagnose high metals in my body and the removal of them has improved my health, the office is VERY unfriendly, sells expensive products and requires long lead times for appts.

Mark as Helpful  | 30 people found this helpful Report Abuse