Overall Review

March 6th, 2015
I suffered from severe migraines for years. Prior to seeing Buchholz I had about 20-25 headache days per month with a heavy reliance on Imitrex and no quality of life. My other neurologist was pushing me to go on anti-seizure meds that caused memory issues. After meeting with Buccholz and making major diet changes and going off hormonal birth control I'm down to just a few headache days a month . This man is brilliant and I wish I had found him sooner. There is quite a wait to become a new patient, but I highly recommend buying his book and making diet changes while you are waiting. After almost 5 years I have my life back and I owe it all to him. Words cannot express my gratitude.

January 31st, 2015
Best treatment for migraines.
I've been a severe migraine sufferer for 40 years. Seven years ago Dr. Buchholz gave me my life back. It's that simple. He is an artist at treating migraines.

August 26th, 2013
Missed life altering CNS "infections" that were causing headaches.
I was a patient of Dr. Buccholz for 3 years. He failed to diagnose the reason behind my migraines leading me to develop severe complications from LYME and Babesious. These infections infiltrated my central nervous system causing irreparable damage to my brain. BEWARE...if your headaches don't stop while abiding by his guidelines , make sure you investigate the reason you are continuing to have them.... think outside the box. Because he didn't treat my infections I am fully disabled now at the age of 45.......and have 10's of thousands of dollars worth of out of pocket medical expenses.

September 7th, 2012
I have seen this physcian for 29 years
In 1983 at the age of 46 I had a stroke that apparently was caused by migraine syndrome. I was referred to this physcian in 1983 by my primary care physcian in my home town and was treated by him for the stroke. I have had annual check ups by him ever since. I have not had a single headache of any type since 1983 as a result of his care!!! I feel that I owe him my life and I have highly recommended him to many folks that I have met with migraine issues over those 29 years!!

February 29th, 2012
Best Headach/Migraine Doctor EVER!!!
He's a busy man. I waited 6 months to see him the first time. I haven't felt this good in 11 years. So 6 mo was nothing. He isn't one of those doctors that just pushes pills down your throat. He gets to the problem and solves it.

November 16th, 2011
Dr. Buchholz, diagnosed my headaches as being migraines. I suffered for years and had headaches 80 percent of the time. Most of the time I thought they were sinus infections and took antibiotics unnecessarily and even had unnecessary sinus surgery. He recommended that I stop drinking and eating anything with caffiene and artificial sweetners. This decreased my headaches drastically and I feel like I've gotten my life back. Thank you Dr. Buchholz!!!

December 19th, 2010
Cured my husband's daily migraines
After suffering daily migraines for over two years Dr. Buchholz changed the course of treatment prescribed by a previous neurologist. My husband began a steady improvement as he continued to work with Dr. Buchholz. He now suffers only an occasional migraine.

December 13th, 2010
Menieres
Dr. Buchholz was tremendous! I had been diagnosed for 3 years with Menieres with no successful outcomes. Once Dr. Buchholz diagnosed me with migrane and treated me accordingly, I have been symptom free for 4 years. He is a genius!

February 23rd, 2010
CIPD surviver
I was sent to him 20 yrs ago by Dr John Cochran in Alex, VA to confirm my diagnosis of CIDP. He was very kind, very brilliant and had a very nice bedside manner. We appreciated his help and input into my treatment.

May 22nd, 2009
After suffering for many years Dr. Buchholz diagnosed my problem during my first visit and began immediate migraine treatment. I cannot not say enough about Dr. Buchholz or his staff.