Dr. David Campbell MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology San Diego, CA

• Good
  • Bad

April 9th, 2014
What an amazing Docter and staff. From the first phone call to schedule my appointment, to the office, the staff, the Dr. and all of the follow-up calls etc. I was treated with respect, compassion, professionalism and care. Dr. Campbell was not only nice he really cared about my treatment and took his time and asked a ton of questions. I haven't received this level of treatment in a very long time. The cost was very reasonable with my insurance. I just got to the age were glasses will be required from here to..... I will continue to see Dr. Campbell for all of my eye needs.

February 24th, 2013
Dr. Campbell was recommended to me by a good friend. She expressed that he was a very good doctor, but not very warm. I was pleasantly surprised when he walked into the exam room. He seemed very pleasant and very focused on my problem, which is all that I want and expect from a doctor. I am not in there looking for a new friend, just a competent doctor and that is what I think I found. I plan to go back to him again.

August 29th, 2012
Dr. Campbell was highly recommended by my retired Ophthalmologist but after reading the reviews here, I was a bit concerned. I had my first appointment yesterday and I felt I got excellent care. I dont remember ever having such a complete and thorough examination. Perhaps I asked the right questions but I left with a game plan and felt follow up would be addressed if new symptoms appeared. I also felt the office was fair with their prices and were very clear about what insurance would probably pay and what would be my responsibility. Perhaps hes not a teddy bear, but if you want a good solid doctor I think Dr. Campbell is a good choice. I will continue being his patient and I think I'm lucky to have found him.

February 11th, 2011
Dr. Campbell may be a competent physician (though I have my doubts), but he has the absolute worst bedside manner. For those who don't like to visit doctors, or those who prefer doctors who are a partner in their healthcare, this is NOT the doctor for you. Dr. Campbell will name off all the problems that could be wrong, as he thinks aloud throughout a consultation. Then, he doesn't explain any of the possibilities - unless you press him to do so. I left with no answers - only guesses on his part... and far more worried than when I walked in.If you prefer doctors who are personable and who can relate to people, I urge you to go elsewhere.

December 20th, 2010
I wish more doctors were like him
Dr. Campbell took the time to explain my condition to me, and was also honest about what he couldn't tell me. I felt like he actually wanted to figure out what my health problems were. Great guy!

May 17th, 2017