3.0

Excellent surgeon, excellent results show details Excellent surgeon, excellent results
by John Wisialowski on Apr 29th, 2015

Dr. Chen was called in to assist in my Da Vinci Robotically assisted surgery at UCLA Santa Monica Hospital. I did not meet Dr. Chen until after his participation in my surgery. Dr. Chen was professional, knowledgeable and empathetic. Due to his involvement in my surgery, potentially severe complications were totally avoided. Dr. Chen and his staff made many visits to my hospital room in the days following my procedure. He explained his involvement and stayed extremely involved in my follow up care. Approximately two weeks post surgery I met with him for a post op appointment and once again he was extremely professional and helpful in answering all of my questions. I have the highest praise for Dr. Chen, his associates and the entire staff at UCLA Santa Monica Hospital.

Negligence And Bad Decisions show details Negligence And Bad Decisions
by Larry Klein on Apr 25th, 2015

Dr. Chen performed a surgical procedure on my mother, who was a very fragile patient at 83 years old, with COPD. Because of bad decisions on his part, in conjunction with her pre-existing condition, bad post op supervision, and hospital negligence, she passed away 5 days after the procedure. I decided not to sue him or the hospital, as because of the technicalities, success was improbable, and I am not litigenous. Post-op, her case was supervised almost exclusively by inept residents who were working under him. On the day that she passed away, Dr. Chen elected to go to a speaking engagement rather than be present in the ICU. When I called recently to discuss his handling of the case, he never called me back. Obviously, I would recommend that anyone considering using him as a surgeon strongly reconsider their decision.

Never Go to This Dishonest doctor! show details Never Go to This Dishonest doctor!
by David P on Apr 2nd, 2013

I went to see a doctor at UCLA after having some pain after a hernia operation.I saw Dr Chandler.Dr Chandler suggested that I show see another doctor in the same office,as he was more of an expert on this matter,even though Dr Chen is half Dr Chanlers age. I had to wait 3 weeks for Dr Chen to get back from Hatie,as he was preforming opporations for free for Hatians. I had a 10 min consultation with Dr Chen.He seemed to to be rushing me and agitated. He suggested that I see yet another UCLA doctor to first relieve my pain.She sucked another 5 grand from my insuance with no relief at all. 8 months later I get a bill from "Dr David Chen" For $1600.00 It said he met with me for more then an hour,A LIE, My insurance company rightfully declined the charge. HE ,AND HIS GANG AT UCLA ARE THIVES!!! HE SHOULD HAVE HIS LICENCE FOR PRATICE MEDICINE REVOKED!!!

Mar 27th, 2013

Dr. Chen is an incredibly talented, warm hearted and caring surgeon. He performed an emergency cecal volvulus for me (removing a portion of my intestines) laparoscopically. I cannot recommend Dr. Chen enough - he's just an incredible doctor and person.

Jun 15th, 2012

I am the caregiver and rep for my adult son who has special needs. My son has had over 2 years of critical health issues including pain from a scar. Dr Chen was compassionate,sensitive and very professional in agreeing to explore the cause of severe pain in an old scar for my son. Today he proved that young.brilliant...inquisitive..and compassionate are the best trait to have to care for patients.I wish I had a bull horn to yell his praises.