Dr. David Chen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. David Chen?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 17th, 2016

Dr. Chen took the time to explain to me the options for my hernia repair, and why he thought the approach he suggested would be the safest for me. He explained about the surgery he would do, and answered my questions about using mesh, potential complications, and how he would minimize the risk in my particular case. I really appreciated that.

November 19th, 2015

Very arrogant, uncaring surgeon.

Dr. Chen performed a laproscopic surgery on me. Although the surgery was successful I had a few complications during my recovery. Dr.Chen does not return phone calls or emails. Once the surgery is over he could care less. Not sure why a fabulous facility like UCLA would employ such Dr.

April 29th, 2015

Excellent surgeon, excellent results

Dr. Chen was called in to assist in my Da Vinci Robotically assisted surgery at UCLA Santa Monica Hospital. I did not meet Dr. Chen until after his participation in my surgery. Dr. Chen was professional, knowledgeable and empathetic. Due to his involvement in my surgery, potentially severe complications were totally avoided. Dr. Chen and his staff made many visits to my hospital room in the days following my procedure. He explained his involvement and stayed extremely involved in my follow up care. Approximately two weeks post surgery I met with him for a post op appointment and once again he was extremely professional and helpful in answering all of my questions. I have the highest praise for Dr. Chen, his associates and the entire staff at UCLA Santa Monica Hospital.

April 25th, 2015

Negligence And Bad Decisions

Dr. Chen performed a surgical procedure on my mother, who was a very fragile patient at 83 years old, with COPD. Because of bad decisions on his part, in conjunction with her pre-existing condition, bad post op supervision, and hospital negligence, she passed away 5 days after the procedure. I decided not to sue him or the hospital, as because of the technicalities, success was improbable, and I am not litigenous. Post-op, her case was supervised almost exclusively by inept residents who were working under him. On the day that she passed away, Dr. Chen elected to go to a speaking engagement rather than be present in the ICU. When I called recently to discuss his handling of the case, he never called me back. Obviously, I would recommend that anyone considering using him as a surgeon strongly reconsider their decision.

March 27th, 2014

Unresponsive

March 28th, 2013

Dr. Chen is an incredibly talented, warm hearted and caring surgeon. He performed an emergency cecal volvulus for me (removing a portion of my intestines) laparoscopically. I cannot recommend Dr. Chen enough - he's just an incredible doctor and person.

June 15th, 2012

I am the caregiver and rep for my adult son who has special needs. My son has had over 2 years of critical health issues including pain from a scar. Dr Chen was compassionate,sensitive and very professional in agreeing to explore the cause of severe pain in an old scar for my son. Today he proved that young.brilliant...inquisitive..and compassionate are the best trait to have to care for patients.I wish I had a bull horn to yell his praises.

January 31st, 2017