Ophthalmologists, Pediatrician, Pediatric Specialist
Pcmc Ophthalmology Dept
100 Mario Capecchi Dr
Salt Lake City, UT 84113
801-581-2352
Locations and availability (8)

3.0

|  Rude!!!  |  show details
Oct 3rd, 2013

The set up in this department is very chaotic and disorganized....patients wait for hours after waiting months for an appointment. My comments are specifically about David Dries. He was very rude, condescending and pompous. If you don't mind being treated like dirt, go to him. Otherwise, find a kind pediatric opthomologist. He Is not the only game in town and obviously dislikes children/parents and his job.

|  Obnoxious!  |  show details
Nov 8th, 2012

This doctor was the rudest most unprofessional doctor I have ever met. Our doctor was out of town and we were directed to him. He clearly did not want to be bothered and walked out on us after his tantrum. I would never go back to him.

|  Fantastic Doctor!  |  show details
Jun 6th, 2012

Dr. Dries (sounds like Drees) has got a lot of information to share, if you ask questions. Otherwise, he'll tell you what the diagnosis is, treatment plan, & he's out of there, because he's so highly sought after. My child has been seeing him for 6 years, & had two eye surgeries with him - both HIGHLY successful. I am impressed with his talent, he complimented ME for doing a great job with home therapies (what doc does that?), & he looks you in the eye. Don't be afraid to ask for more info or that you don't understand. If you ask, he'll go into much more detail. You WILL wait about 20-30 minutes after your appt time, so schedule early in the morning, or first thing after lunch. Great doc, great staff!

|  Love this Doctor  |  show details
Jun 1st, 2012

My child has been seeing Dr. Dries since he was 4 months old and Dr. Dries performed eye muscle surgury at 6 months. My child is now 5 years old. I absolutely love this Doctor and have referred my sister in law and my best friend to him for their children. Reading these reviews I am do not understand the comments about poor bedside manner. Dr. Dries has acknowledged and said that without parent involvement what he does doesn't matter that we are a team. He has always answered every question I had and I have not felt rushed during appointments. I strongly recommend this Doctor.

|  Been Happy so far!  |  show details
Sep 25th, 2011

Dr. Dries has been our 2-year-old son's ophthalmologist since he was 7 months old, and we've never had a problem. He is very professional, although sometimes makes me feel like our issues aren't really that big of a deal, which they are to us. He is nice, and answers all our questions. His social skills might be lacking slightly, but he really knows what he is doing and is very good at his job! He is at a Children's hospital, where emergencies sometimes arise, so I think that affects the wait time some

|  show details
Aug 4th, 2011

terrible bedside manner......makes patients &parents feel like you are the problem & not part of a solution...keep searching for a doctor!!

|  show details
May 25th, 2010

This doctor seems to care very much about his patients. Our daughter was diagnosed with a tumor on her optic nerve and he made us feel very confident when we left the office it will all be okay. On our second visit we found out that it most likely will be alright, so he was right! Over all great knowledge and social skills.

|  Wonderful  |  show details
May 25th, 2010

Dr Dries diagnosed me with esotropia, and his care was outstanding. He spent the time explaining to me the surgical options, and his skill and bedside manner were outstanding. He is a fantastice physician and come highly recommended.

|  Terrible social skills  |  show details
by Very unhappy Customer on Oct 27th, 2009

This doctor has terrible social skills. I wouldn't recommend this doctor. He is very impatient with children and doesn't take the time to answer your questions.