Dr. David Harrison Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. David Harrison?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. David Harrison?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

April 6th, 2017

Best Doctor in town!

Dr. Harrison is an unusual doc for these days. He rolls around on his stool with PAPER and PEN. He actually talks to you! He takes the time to listen and is NEVER in a hurry or rushes you. He represents a true doctor very well. With him it's about the patients and not rushing you out to get the next dollar, oops I mean person. He is the best around. Entire family goes to this doctor. On occasion I actually bump into them in his office! You would be hard pressed to find another doctor of his caliber!

May 24th, 2016

Just...don't.

He has excellent knowledge, but if you want test results in a timely manner, this is NOT your doctor. Wait times have topped an hour in the waiting room alone and the billing person is the rudest, most obnoxious person my family has ever dealt with. I can see a personality conflict between two people, but when everyone in the family AND some family friends have issues with the same person, it's time for the owner to stop making excuses and take a good look at his staff. Although the doctor is very knowledgeable, our family has changed primary care docs due to continued attitude problems and issues with his staff.

January 28th, 2016

The office staff is, without a doubt, THE rudest I have ever seen. I have to agree with other reviewers. The doctor himself seems burned out. He seems knowledgeable, but that knowledge does absolutely no good if you have to wait 3 weeks or more for test results that they normally receive the next day. The doctor will instruct you to call him the next day to update him or to get results, but the staff treats you like you are a complete idiot and a waste of their time when you call. To the point where they will basically call you a liar and say that Dr. Harrison NEVER tells patients to call the next day for results. The woman who claims to be the office manager, but is usually up front is the WORST. I have been in the waiting room and have overheard her talking to a patient on the phone. She was extremely snippy, rude and condescending. When the call was finished, it was obvious she still had an attitude. Yet I clearly heard her tell the doctor the patient was rude and abusive and insinuated that she remained professional throughout the call! If this is how an office manager acts, I can almost understand why the rest of the staff seems so miserable. In summary, this doctor might be for you if: You want a doc who is knowledgeable, but just doesn't care. You don't mind waiting 3 or more weeks for test results. You enjoy being called a liar by his staff. You want to be ignored by the front desk person when you arrive. You like waiting an hour or more in the lobby and another 30 minutes in the room. Save yourself the trouble. Find another physician.

August 23rd, 2015

He just doesn't care...maybe burned out.

I moved to RVA nearly 3 years ago and needed a family doctor. After approximately 5 visits, I will be looking for another doctor. Dr. Harrison failed on two accounts to follow up with me. The most recent being an ailment that could potentially be cancer. He did some tests and said to follow up the following day in the afternoon. When I called, the Office Manager answered and when I asked about the results of the tests, She indicated that he did not read any results of any tests yet due to seeing patients. When I informed her that Dr. Harrison said to call in the afternoon to learn of the results, she insisted he didn't read them yet. I asked her why she was contradicting what the doctor said to do, and she expressed frustration but found my test results and read them to me, and said she would put them on Dr. Harrison's desk to review and give me a call. After three days passed and I didn't hear from him, I called again and left a message with another assistant who said she would leave my tests on his desk and have him to call me. After a week of not hearing from Dr. Harrison, I decided to write this review. Dr. Harrison is a nice man, very personable but his failure to follow up demonstrates a lack of care, empathy and professional courtesy.

June 1st, 2015

office staff rude

He's a excellent doctor. Its unfortunate that I will be changing doctors because his office staff is so rude. They will not even acknowledge your presence when you go to the window. They just keep doing what there doing like your not even there. I have been going to him since he took over the practice. I have been tolerating it because he's a good doctor. The last straw was when I sat in the waiting room for over a hour past my appointment time and finally got some one at the window to acknowledge me. I told her I could not wait any more and her response was simple "ok" I left and I will not go back. They could care less

April 8th, 2015

his staff rude except for the nurses

December 30th, 2014

Good doctor, poor staff

Good doctor. He will spend time with you and answer any questions you may have. The problem is the wait times, the lack of timely follow up on blood tests or test results (despite promises of follow through by staff), obvious lack of knowledge when staff does call with results and the general rudeness and attitudes by one of the nurses and the office manager. It seems to me like this whole office would benefit from a class on how to talk to people with respect. Especially on the phone. Otherwise, I would recommend this doctor without reservation based on his knowledge alone.

July 8th, 2014

I switched GPs after 25 years for insurance reasons. I cannot convey how pleased I am with Dr. Harrison and his staff. He definitely has the human aspect of medicine covered and its obvious that he truly cares about his patients. I'm a doctor "snob" as I'm from a medical family and he has exceeded my expectations as to knowledge and practical experience. His staff is very friendly and also exhibit a great deal of compassion toward me when I call or visit. My only regret is that I didn't find him sooner.

December 29th, 2013

I have been seeing this doctor for nearly 4 years now - Well worth the time in the waiting room because he is very thorough and is willing to spend as much time as you need answering your questions. It is also sometimes difficult to get test results back in a timely manner. The only real problem I have with this office is the office manager who could use a course in how to talk to people. Otherwise, I am very satisfied with this doctor and have recommended him to several friends and family.

November 19th, 2010

Exceptional doctor!!!

Dr. Harrison is an absolutely wonderful doctor who will take the time to completely assess your health condition and provide an accurate diagnosis. Dr. Harrison is so wonderful that several members of my extended family go to him and he saved my aunt's life by catching her cancer right away. I love this doctor and he truly cares about his patients and helping them achieve a healthy lifestyle.

August 18th, 2015