A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David May:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David May is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. David May, MD, PHD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Critical Care Medicine, and Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. May graduated from University of Louisville . He has 4 awards.
Dr. May has 24 hospital affiliations:
- Harris Methodist H E B
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Azle
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. May accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Great-West Healthcare - 4 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. David C. May practice?
Dr. David May practices Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, Critical Care Medicine, and Interventional Cardiology near Lewisville, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Flower Mound, TX and Denton, TX.
See Lewisville Internists, Lewisville Cardiologists, and Lewisville Critical Care Practitioners.