A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Whitcomb:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Whitcomb is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Whitcomb
GERD Patient Education Learn all about GERD or gastroesopageal reflux disease with Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Whitcomb Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Whitcomb, MD, MS, PHD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Whitcomb graduated from The Ohio State University , Columbus.
Dr. Whitcomb has 10 hospital affiliations:
- UPMC Passavant
- UPMC South Side
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. David C Whitcomb MD, MS, and PHD is a male Internist, has 26 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. David C. Whitcomb practice?
- Dr. David Whitcomb has 1 office location.
Dr. David Whitcomb practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Pittsburgh, PA.
See Pittsburgh Internists and Pittsburgh Gastroenterologists.