A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Whitcomb:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Whitcomb is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Whitcomb
Type 2 Diabetes Patient Education Learn about type 2 diabetes symptoms, treatments and medications by reading Vitals' patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Whitcomb Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Whitcomb, MD, MS, PHD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Whitcomb graduated from The Ohio State University , Columbus.
Dr. Whitcomb has 10 hospital affiliations:
- UPMC Passavant
- UPMC South Side
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. David C Whitcomb MD, MS, and PHD is a male Internist, has 27 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. David C. Whitcomb practice?
- Dr. David Whitcomb has 1 office location.
Dr. David Whitcomb practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Pittsburgh, PA.
See Pittsburgh Internists and Pittsburgh Gastroenterologists.