Dr. David Callahan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

October 1st, 2015
Dr. Callahan misdiagnosed my child. His ego gets in the way of his doing what is best for the patient. Dr. Callahan does not do a thorough assessment of the child. I would not recommend this physician.

January 8th, 2015
exceptional overall

December 17th, 2013
Helpful for us
I was very skeptical of Dr. Callahn's diagnosis for my daughter. After many other specialits and therapists, we decided to visit a neurologist from a recommendation. He quickly diagnosed my child as severely OCD. What I know is this: Dr. Callahan prescribed medication and it worked! It seemed miraculous to me!

September 6th, 2012
Dr. Callahan was completely unprofessional and based his diagnosis on assumptions and not sound medical theories. He disregarded questions that were asked and failed to show any concern for the well-being of the patient. Not only will I not recommend Dr. Callahan to anyone, I will share the completely negative experiences I had with him on multiple visits.

May 11th, 2011
Not Thorough
I conduct evaluations in the school setting for children with disabilities. Dr. Callhan gives diagnoses (with no evalauation report) and prescribes medications. When speaking with him, he was quite rude and said he resented that schools called him to ask his opinion about his patients and to get recommendations for how the school can help with the diagnosed disability. He said he sees a patient a couple times per year to ask about/readjust medications. If you are looking for answers other than a prescription based upon a short office visit/interview, DON'T rely on Dr. Callahan.

April 15th, 2010
Odd
I was one of his patients a few years ago when I was younger. My mom adored him and thought he was an excellent physician. As his patient, I thought he was kind of creepy, and odd. He smiled at weird times and didn't seem like he actually believed what I told him. I still remember when I was really young and he diagnosed me, he smiled really big and said, "After going over your EEG, its really clear you have epilepsy." Almost like he was giving me great news. Then, he only talked to my mom for the rest of that visit.