Dr. David Castro MD Patient Reviews

3.8

July 12th, 2010
Dr. Castro took the time to fully explain my condition and all the alternatives for treatment. He was very frank and did not give a "sales pitch" to talk me into a surgery that I might not need.

May 11th, 2010
Still Gives Me Nightmares
Everything was fine except for the Doctor. I was there to see him because I tore some ligaments in my knee. Everything was pleasant until the doctor got into the office. He wouldn't look me in the face, and told me that I was too fat for the surgery, and that was it. I was devasted and broke down into tears. I was only 22 and knew that not having my knee fixed would just give me a life time of pain. He saw me cry, and just turned around and left the room. Then a nurse came in to give me my exit papers. Luckily, I didn't take Dr. Castro's opinion as final and got a second opinion. The next doctor did the surgery and told that only issues my weight could give me is a longer rehabilition. It has been six years and I have had no problem with my knee. So one doctor was able to perform the surgery and one wasn't. Obviously the one is inadequate and part of me is thankful that he didn't get a scapel near me.