Dr. David Chamberland Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. David Chamberland?

August 1st, 2016

Takes time to listen

Dr. David Chamberland takes time to talk with his patients and answers questions and concerns. I appreciate the time he spends after seeing Dr. Matz who was awful!! Dr. Matz would fly into the room, talk with me for about 6 minutes and run out without caring or compassion.

March 23rd, 2014

Absolutely no empathy

My only two visits with Dr. Chamberlain ended with me leaving in such frustration I was crying. He wouldn't read my list of symptoms I had compiled over the 4 months prior to my appointment, he wouldn't look at my rash pictures ( I had taken in case I had no rash for my appointment), he didn't do a physical exam of my skin, nor did he physically look at my shoulder underneath my clothes, to observe the sign of muscle loss. He listened to me, but didn't hear me nor did he validate any of my feelings or concerns. I tried to voice my concern regarding similarities between my father ( who passed two months ago from ALS and also suffered with RA) and he said QUOTE "I'm not going to sit here and debate your father with you". I just wanted to let him know how scared I am and why. He dismissed me and said I needed to find another doctor. He had no empathy and he absolutely disregards his need to validate his patients. He's a doctor who bases everything strictly on tests, not a combo of tests, symptoms and what the exam reveals and because my father's doctors were the same way for over 2 years, he was diagnosed 6 months before he died. If you work in a helping profession, it's important to have empathy and learn how to validate your patients.

January 3rd, 2017