Dr. David Char Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. David Char?

January 10th, 2015

Don't explain notta,like to give pills,so if u want a hook up go see him.

December 12th, 2014

Patient

October 23rd, 2014

Worst Experience Ever

Absolutely the worst Doctor's office I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. I was referred to them by my insurance company. I contacted them about setting an appointment and asked what they would need from me and how far booked out they were. They were booked out two weeks and needed my full medical records and insurance card sent over before they would even set the appointment. I had my records in my possession for this exact reason and sent it within a couple of days. It would have been there sooner but they would only take it by fax and my multiple attempts to send it prior failed because apparently their phone line is also tied to their fax. I called to follow up two days later and was given an attitude as if I was following up too soon. (Forgive me for wanting to not be in pain any longer than possible.) So I waited until the following week and followed up a couple more times. Twice I was told that someone other than who answered had to do the scheduling and wasn't there. 3 weeks later...I got sick of waiting for a call back. So, I called my referring Dr. Who apparently works with Dr. Char's office regularly and they offered to call and see what was going on. No surprise, they got the same response. Another week goes by and nothing. Four weeks in now I call my Dr. Again to see what I should do or to refer me somewhere else. They call Dr. Char's office right away to see why I haven't heard back. Apparently they still hadn't been in contact with my insurance company to see if they were an "in network provider", which I already knew they were because the call that took them 4 weeks to make took me 10 minutes. As soon as my Dr. Hung up with them I called Dr. Char's office and actually got someone on the phone. They tried to schedule me another 2 weeks out (making it 6 weeks since my original call). I told them that was unacceptable due to how long I have waited already. I finally get my appointment (5 weeks into it) and show up at my actual appointment time and am greeted with am attitude. Nice! Then I am told that they JUST called my insurance company the day prior and found out the high cost of the appointment. They had tried to call me the day prior, but I had just had my number changed. Really! It takes 5 weeks to make a phone call to get insurance cleared and then this. Absolutely unprofessional. I would not recommend them to my worst enemy. No wonder they have such low ratings on the other sites.

May 20th, 2014

rudeness, unprofessional

he is very rude yells at me makes me cry because I need help with my pain and he will not to listen or let you speak his way or no way he is not professional and should not be a md seems like every visit with him she calls me crying afraid to use her own name because of him

April 1st, 2014

Medical office staff is inadequate

First off Dr. Char was a very thorough and in depth with my consultation. He was very knowledgeable about everything. Kind and compassionate man wiith a great sense of humor. My complaint is with Misty who does (supposedly) referrals. Dr Char asked if a certain doctor took my insurance, she said yes, they didn't and she never sent over a refferal. i called to find out that they only accept medicare patient and never received a refferal form Dr. Cgar office. I stopped byt he office to be told by Misty to find my own doctor and and she would send over a referral. I supplied her with a doctor and thier information and she assured me she would get them the referral. I called that doctor after three weeks of hearing nothing only to find out they had never received anything form Dr. Char's office. When I called Misty back I was told she was doing the job of two people and and that she had faxed over a referral three times. She never followed up with them and one would think they would have after the first time.She told me I could come by and pick up the refferal and take it them myself. She was very rude, defensive and down right rude. only to find out that I didn't even need a referral. We spoke to the Business office manager Cheryl and only made excuses for Misty. I wll recommneded Dr. Char but there office staff needs some training in courtesy, organization and attitude.

December 5th, 2013

I have been to 1 other MD & 1 other pain management clinic before being sent to Dr. Char almost 2 yrs. ago. He spent an hour with me on my first visit and diagnosed me with a condition that explained a lot about certain pain issues I had, that no other Doctor had even looked at. He recommended ideas for me to do at home to help fix the problem. For once I felt like I had some control of "Helping Myself" with the pain. I am a work comp. patient and for the first time in 7 years I felt as if I was heard! He was able to get me an x-ray and an updated MRI, because he goes by the book and fought work comp. for me. I completley trust his opionion! As what he had diagnosed me with showed the same diagnosis in the MRI. He does not over medicate me as other Dr.s have, which I truly appreciate! But will help me if I need it during very painful times. I trust him with my Pain Management care 100%! I cannot say enough about the lovely staff! They are so welcoming and friendly! Complete opposite of what I have dealt with at any other office I have been to for my injury. It is a 4 hour, round trip for me to see Dr. Char each month, and it has been truly worth it!

July 10th, 2013

angry with dr.char

every month when I have to go in and see dr char I get a panic attack.i cant believe someone like this is in this type of business(helping people in pain)he has tought me not to open my mouth and speak when I go in his office.he will not answer anything I ask of him.he makes me feel like im there to get high,and my last apt he had asked if I was stupid.i've been trying to change my dr for awhile now.im under workmens comp and no one is in a hurry to get back to me,im just another #.I have been told by the girls in the office that he is bybolar.i believe he also doesn't like women.i don't understand why this dr has not been investigated for abuse.

March 9th, 2013

Bad Visit

I had a Very Bad visit Doctor Char was very rude to his nurses and to me as well Doctor Char was kicking his step stool in the room I was in he asked me why I did not have my blood work done and I said you never asked me to get blood work done then he came around from his desk and flung the door open which bounced off the wall and almost hit me (I was about an inch away from the door any closer and it would had hit me. I do feel sorry for the nurses he was yelling at one nurse Kim. so I will never go back to that office

July 13th, 2012

Worst doctor ever

Ive been seening dr char for a while but when you go to a doc that makes you cry every time you leave and he dont touch you come on he taljs down on you he makes you feel like we are all one in the same looking for a high and im sorry thats not why I sought out pain managment he needs a reallity check and also when I got ready to have surgury the office would not fax anything back stating they would handle my pain managment dont even get me started on the girls up front wow I mean hello place of business it was the worst experience ive ever had and I found out that the pain patch he put me on that I kept telling him was burning my skin im allergic to get a new job dr char

December 11th, 2009

not good

no bedside manners just ther for the money no time spent with patient it is ease to get an appointment. david shar moves office all the time office staff gossip all you hear.

June 19th, 2008

Best PHysical Medicine MD / Pain Management MD In Sacto Area

I have used several MDs since my injury in 2003. Dr. Char, and his NP Ross, are the best! They are excellent practicioners and they are empathetic and kind also. This is a rare combination. I reccommend them with confidence.

January 19th, 2017