The Vitals website is provided for your informational use only. Nothing contained or offered by, on or through Vitals should be construed as medical advice or relied upon for medical diagnosis or treatment. Vitals does not recommend or endorse any particular healthcare provider whose information or ratings appear on this website. We encourage you to read our full Terms of Service.

Dr. David Chittenden Is this you?

Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at support@vitals.com if you have any additional information.

  • 4
  • 0
  • 0
  • 0
  • 2

Quality Rating

Satisfied

Friendly Staff
Promptness
Wait Time
15 min
Appropriate Followup
Spends Time With Me
Bedside Manner
Accurate Diagnosis
Easy Appointments

6 Ratings with 4 Comments

5.0 Rating

February 17th, 2015

Dr Chittenden
Wait time
5 minutes
Easy Appointment
Promptness
Friendly Staff
Accurate Diagnosis
Bedside Manner
Spends Time with Me
Appropriate Follow-up

5.0 Rating

June 3rd, 2014

Knowledgeable, helpful and considerate

Dr. Chittenden has been treating me for various conditions for many years. What I really like about him is that he does not mince words. He tells you directly what is wrong and what you need to do. Sometimes this is strong medicine. People don't always want to hear what he says. But I have come to respect his judgement and his advice. He has been able to cure me of many ailments including back and knee problems. One of the other things about Dr. Chittenden is that he is honest. He will not recommend treatments that are unproven or which are simply unnecessary. When I was having serious back problems he strongly advised against surgery and instead recommended physical therapy. Within six months of PT my back improved substantially and today I have been pain free for over 8 years. He has been practicing for a long time and really is very knowledgeable. I highly and unconditionally recommend Dr. Chittenden.

Wait time
5 minutes
Easy Appointment
Promptness
Friendly Staff
Accurate Diagnosis
Bedside Manner
Spends Time with Me
Appropriate Follow-up
Was this review helpful? Yes No Report Abuse

5.0 Rating

May 30th, 2014

actuary

Careful, thoughtful, explained the diagnosis and treatment options

Easy Appointment
Promptness
Friendly Staff
Accurate Diagnosis
Bedside Manner
Spends Time with Me
Appropriate Follow-up
Was this review helpful? Yes No Report Abuse

1.0 Rating

October 7th, 2011

Please avoid this past it Orthopedist!

As my (unfortunately) chosen QME Evaluator, this doctor Chittenden spent 95% of the appointment checking my (left) neck, shoulder, lower back and spent the remaining 5% of barely paying attention to what I came for in the first place; my knees. The remaining 5% of the appointment was spent talking about his own ailments and his wife's past surgeries, and giving me pamphlets about neck and back owner's manuals, as well as advising me on a home neck traction device (which my neurologist strongly advised me against previously). Doctor Chittenden is not a neurologist. I was supposed to be evaluated with regard to the industrial injury to my knees. This has not happened. It strongly seems that this doctor (who did not practice surgery since ages), would side with the insurance companies against the patient's well being. Beware when choosing a QME specialist (Orthopedist in this case), on the panel sent to you by your insurance company/ Workers Comp. To avoid at all cost. Horrible experience!

Wait time
35.0 minutes
Easy Appointment
Promptness
Friendly Staff
Accurate Diagnosis
Bedside Manner
Spends Time with Me
Appropriate Follow-up
Was this review helpful? Yes No Report Abuse

1.0 Rating

August 31st, 2016

Easy Appointment
Promptness
Friendly Staff
Accurate Diagnosis
Bedside Manner
Spends Time with Me
Appropriate Follow-up

5.0 Rating

May 7th, 2014

  • Nearby Doctors

    Dr. David Chittenden is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.

  • Dr Laura Timmerman

    Sports Medicine, Orthopedic Surgery

    Walnut Creek, CA

    Accepts online appointments
  • Dr. Frederic Bost II

    Orthopedic Surgery

    San Francisco, CA 0 mi

    5.0
    (1)
    48
  • Dr. Nicholas Colyvas

    Dr. Nicholas Colyvas

    Sports Medicine, Orthopedic Surgery

    San Francisco, CA 0 mi

    4.8
    (8)
    31