inactive

February 17th, 2015
Dr Chittenden

June 3rd, 2014
Knowledgeable, helpful and considerate
Dr. Chittenden has been treating me for various conditions for many years. What I really like about him is that he does not mince words. He tells you directly what is wrong and what you need to do. Sometimes this is strong medicine. People don't always want to hear what he says. But I have come to respect his judgement and his advice. He has been able to cure me of many ailments including back and knee problems. One of the other things about Dr. Chittenden is that he is honest. He will not recommend treatments that are unproven or which are simply unnecessary. When I was having serious back problems he strongly advised against surgery and instead recommended physical therapy. Within six months of PT my back improved substantially and today I have been pain free for over 8 years. He has been practicing for a long time and really is very knowledgeable. I highly and unconditionally recommend Dr. Chittenden.

May 30th, 2014
actuary
Careful, thoughtful, explained the diagnosis and treatment options

October 7th, 2011
Please avoid this past it Orthopedist!
As my (unfortunately) chosen QME Evaluator, this doctor Chittenden spent 95% of the appointment checking my (left) neck, shoulder, lower back and spent the remaining 5% of barely paying attention to what I came for in the first place; my knees. The remaining 5% of the appointment was spent talking about his own ailments and his wife's past surgeries, and giving me pamphlets about neck and back owner's manuals, as well as advising me on a home neck traction device (which my neurologist strongly advised me against previously). Doctor Chittenden is not a neurologist. I was supposed to be evaluated with regard to the industrial injury to my knees. This has not happened. It strongly seems that this doctor (who did not practice surgery since ages), would side with the insurance companies against the patient's well being. Beware when choosing a QME specialist (Orthopedist in this case), on the panel sent to you by your insurance company/ Workers Comp. To avoid at all cost. Horrible experience!

August 31st, 2016