inactive

David R Close MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 11th, 2015
Something to consider.
Dr. Close is very kind. His staff was wonderful, and made us feel comfortable. He was great in the beginning of discovering the tumor. However, towards the end of the diagnosis, we developed some distrust. He was optimistic about care. So much, that he never discussed the full details of the entire cancer. It was too late when we discovered he had known, the entire time, the cancer was too advanced to treat. He stopped returning phone calls, and dodged questions. While we did feel he was very kind and compassionate, he doesn't do well with bad news. At all. He had my family member believing her tumor was easily treated, when he "knew all along" she was already stage IV. We could have prepared for hospice much sooner had we known the truth. You can be optimistic, and realistic, and be a great doctor. He doesn't know this balance.

March 27th, 2013
Patient
Dr Close was so wonderful enough to take my case and to save my life. Will never forget you Dr Close, he is extremely sweet and very gentle man. He says he will pray for me and I believe he does. He is very thorough at finding what may be your case. So love my doctor Close and would recommend him to anyone needing a new Oncologist