Dr. David Conway MD Patient Reviews

3.1

• Good
  • Bad

January 14th, 2016
Outstanding doctor - well worth the occasional wait
Nobody likes it when their doctor is running behind schedule, but every time I see Dr. Conway I'm reminded of why I'm willing to wait. He genuinely cares about patient well-being, takes the time to listen carefully, and responds in a thoughtful and comprehensive manner. He and his staff also demonstrate continuity of knowledge. I don't feel like I'm starting over with a new doctor each time I visit. His PA and nurse practitioners are equally caring, gracious and responsive.

November 7th, 2015
Nice Guy with Average Skills and Poor Support Staff
Picked Doctor Conway in order to manage both high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Thought I had a good doctor - patient relationship over about 4 years. The doctor did succeed in managing my lab numbers within accepted ranges. However my EKG nurse had no formal training other than what she had picked up at Littleton Internal Medicine. Doctor Conway's staff also praised my improving numbers from annual neck ultrasound scans. After speaking to the chief interpretation technician (from 3rd party) I asked Doctor Conway's Medical Assistant (MA) to explain 'touted' improvement numbers. The MA started off with generalized information and then after further prompting she gave a rationale that made no sense. To assist the MA I provided independent research information. Apparently my efforts to get involved with my health care were not appreciated as that week the Littleton Internal Medicine Office Manager called to say that Doctor Conway no longer wanted me as a patient. When I questioned why, the Office Manager said that I was disruptive, argumentative, and had yelled at staff. Total lies as I have never raised my voice to anyone nor did I argue about test results. My mistake was to question why. Never heard from Doctor Conway again! The good news is that I hooked-up with a board certified doctor who cut my prescription medication in half and is very knowledgeable regarding latest medical thinking and medical studies.

June 10th, 2015
Horrible
Will never go back will not recommend or refer

January 20th, 2015
FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR!!!!
My husband was a patient of Dr. Conway for over 10 yrs. He is a type 1 diabetic for over 55 yrs, has had quintuple bypass surgery, and needs a dependable primary care physician. My husband was working full time, and would have to take time off work for appt. Routinely he would have to wait over an hour to be seen for his SCHEDULED appointment. On one occassion, he was kept waiting for over an hour so that the doctor could visit with a pharmaceutical rep. He left because he needed to get back to work and the office refused to refund the copay, and also billed the insurance company for an office visit. When my husband called to complain, he was "released" from the practice!!! I also had Dr. Conway as my primary care doctor for a year or so. I also had to wait at least 30 mins. for my SCHEDULED appts. When I finally would see the doctor, he would spend a very brief amount of time, not really listening to my concerns. His typical answer would be to write a prescription and send me on my way. NEVER was there EVER a follow up. My job was an essential position in my company, and was very hard for me to get away for appts. I could not risk being fired from my job becasue this doctor could not keep his scheduled appts. Last week my 90 year old father-in-law, who has also been a patient of Dr. Conway, made a SCHEDULED appt. for 2:30 in the afternoon. He was recently released from the hospital, and need to follow up with his primary care physician to get medications, and review at home treatment. We arrived at 2:00, checked in and made the co-payment. My father-in-law got sick a few times, and had to vomit in the sink in the waiting area, and no one offered to help us. At 4:30, we still had not been seen and my father-in-law was getting very weak so we left. No one has ever followed up. We were able to see the appt. schedule for Dr. Conway, and there were only 2 appt.s on the schedule. My father-in-law and one person ahead of him. Apparently Dr. Conway has no regard for the welfare and wellness of his patients

February 28th, 2012
Front desk employees ar not friendly at all. I have been a patient there for over 4 years and I do not believe I have ever been greeted by them. They do however ask me multiple times throughout the year if my insurance has changed.

May 18th, 2010
Great Caring Physician
Dr. David Conway has a great bed side manner and a caring nurse Luann. He is knowlegeable and takes time for his patients.

May 4th, 2010
Knowledgeable and Caring
Dr. Conway has a wonderful,caring manner. In addition to being a good listener, he also communicates complex medical concepts in a clear way. He diagnosed my thyroid problem when another doctor missed it. His caring, calm personality takes the fear out of medical visits. I highly recommend him.

December 19th, 2016