Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Teacher show details Teacher
by Julianne on Aug 10th, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Cowin by another orthopedic surgeon when he stopped taking my insurance. I was nervous about starting at a new practice, especially since he had just recently opened his practice. However, I was pleasantly surprised and truly enjoyed my experience. His office staff are friendly and professional. I really enjoyed the personal touch and the fact that when I called the office I could always get someone on the first try. Dr. Cowin was both very honest and empathetic in regards to my treatment. I would recommend anyone I care about to this office.

in the medical field show details in the medical field
by R. Figueroa on May 30th, 2015

6 months ago, I had a bicycle accident, ended up in Altamonte ER. Asked for trauma Surgeon D. Cole. I ended up w David Cowin, MD. I told him of my active lifestyle and the things I wanted to be able to do after the surgery. He said he could take care of that, it usually took him 20minutes. The ORIF for my femur neck fracture took almost 2 hrs. he said in 6months I would be ok, and if any, minimal limp. said that in 1 year I would not remember the surgery. 6 months after my procedure, I am almost 1.25inches short and limping w pain all over. Every time I c/o to him he blamed it on my muscles. give it 6 months. This is not a muscle issue, The bone studies show evidence and the measurements of the bones don't lie. I believed what he told me, and I would have preferred the truth and not false promises that have such harsh consequences. hope your experience with him will be more positive and less traumatic.

Rotator cuff surgery show details Rotator cuff surgery
by Fred Greetham on Apr 2nd, 2014

Dr. Cowin had only recently joined Dr. Nguyen's practice. After anticipating requiring arthroscopic surgery (based on earlier MRI analysis), Dr. Cowin immediately realized on starting the procedure, that the damage was far more extensive. This required more invasive surgery which necessitated a substantial incision. Six days after surgery, I am almost pain free and not taking pain medication. Having gone through rotator cuff surgery five years ago I am bound to make comparisons. I this regard, Dr. Cowin did a fantastic job and I would most certainly recommend him highly to anyone who has to go through this procedure.

Pain-free show details Pain-free
by John Sheilds on Mar 27th, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Cowin's. He recently performed my rotator cuff surgery. He is a good surgeon and I have total faith in him. He is a nice guy and a good doctor and I would recommend him to everyone

Office Manager show details Office Manager
by Helen R on Mar 14th, 2014

Dr. Cowin is an amazing doctor he is direct and I appreciate him and his staff!!!!

Apr 12th, 2013

I have been a patient for about 6 months for my hip, I have been seen by another Ortho for the same problem and had an exam where they actually looked at my hip mobility, Dr Cowin seems to concentrate on my weight(50 lbs over weight),something I struggle with. But when I tell him I have problems with daily activity. He seems to be in his own world . It also bothers me the exam room door is NEVER closed what about hippa, I can hear everyone else's problems.

He is SO RUDE. Zero bed side manners! show details He is SO RUDE. Zero bed side manners!
Aug 15th, 2012

If you want a doctor that goes in the room, never says hi or introduces himself, tells you you need surgery with zero empathy, and leaves without saying good bye, then this is your doctor! I have never in my life met such an unprofessional doctor. He told me exactly what the radiographer said on the xrays. I could have just read them and go on my way. I would never ever recommend him!!