Dermatologists, Family Practitioner

515 W Main St
Ste 102
Allen, TX 75013
972-747-5077
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Medicated MD  |  show details
by Jim Nieghbors on Feb 20th, 2013

Dr. Allen was a decent Dr. until his divorce. He would then start breaking appointments, or see you when he was apparently on some sort of medication. He mis-diagnosed my psoriasis which is no huge issue except it cost me two knee scopes and 6 months of diagnostic work to figure out I had psoriatic arthritis. More concerning was the fact he was slurring his words and it was apparent he was on medication the last few times I saw him. As well the office manager, who told me on the phone she was sleeping with him would take your information and schedule an appointment and then cancel at the last minute. This happened three time in a roe, and when I asked to talk to Dr. Allen she used explitives and hung up on me. When I showed up to request my medical records she called my wife and explained without a HIPPA release my medical information and the told her they were going to call the police. If that was not enough they charged me $127 for a visit that they canceled. She claimed it was an oversight, but my co-pay was only $15. I WOULD CHECK THE TEXAS MEDICAL BOARD AND REVIEW HIS COMPLAINTS BEFORE YOU RISK SEEING THIS SO CALLED DR.

|  GONE!  |  show details
Aug 13th, 2012

It was only a matter of time until the medical board put on enough pressure to force him out. I only hope he gets help...

|  Mr.J.Perry  |  show details
Aug 7th, 2012

I've been a patient of Dr. Allen for over 10 yrs. He has taken care of me and my family. He has always followed up to ensure we were ok and to check if we needed anything. I will continue to see Dr Allen and continue to call him our family physician.

|  Very caring and concerned physician.  |  show details
Apr 18th, 2012

Dr. Allen cares for all members of our family. When one is in for a visit, he never fails to take care of their needs and then ask about how other members are doing. He is very personable and just a great guy. My children go to him for care and he makes them feel very at ease. I would recommend him to anyone who needs a family physician.

|  Concerned for Patients  |  show details
Apr 15th, 2012

To all Patiens: Dr. Allen has no privlages at any hospital, they were all pulled. His frequent injuries on the weekends are why he cannot keep clinic open for longer days. Please check with the Texas Medical Board for multiple complaints already filed and do so if any concerns of your own. Please understand that I am a patient searching for a doctor with the OATH!

|  Do not seek medical attention this doctor  |  show details
Aug 18th, 2011

Do not ignore the pattern of opinions you see on this thread. You will notice after a negative review you will see reviews praising this doctor. I had a horrible experience at his office. His staff is rude and unprofessional. Research him on the Texas Board. I wish I had done so before going to him. Do not go to this doctor.

|  Just awful  |  show details
Jun 9th, 2011

I went to see him regarding a female issue and was treated horribly. You should see the nasty message he left for me on my test result. I was so upset I have been vomiting for two days!

|  my favorite doctor  |  show details
May 23rd, 2011

doctor allen is an excellent diagnostician, asks many questions, is very caring, and is my favorite doctor. he has an excellent bedside manner.

|  I don't get the bad reviews  |  show details
Mar 17th, 2011

I am writing because I have read a few bad reviews of Dr. Allen, and what I am reading is not at all consistent with my experience. I first went to Dr. Allen because he's in my network, and have seen him three times since for various concerns. EVERY time, he was attentive beyond the call of duty, and took the time to clearly explain all of my treatment options before deciding with me on the best course of action. He's goofy, I'll give you that, and I can see some people being put off by that, but he seems to care VERY much about his patient's health. Rather than rush to write me a prescription, as another reviewer suggested, he took the time to double check certain drug interactions, as I was on an antidepressant at the time. Scheduling has been a snap, wait times were short, and I would reccommend his services to anyone. In fact, I have.

|  Rx pad attached to his hand  |  show details
Nov 3rd, 2010

My family has seen Dr. Allen since his office opened many years ago and we have seen many changes in him and his choices of staff members. At first, he was a caring, patient oriented physician who spent as much time as necessary with each patient and his staff consisted of only his wife, who was the Office manager and Nurse. After his divorce, he slowly became more profit-oriented and would rush thru exams, writing prescriptions as we were describing our medical problems and questions. Now, he has no hospital affiliations, which we did not find out about this until one of us was sent to the emergency room and was admitted. His weekly schedule started changing too. First he started only working a half day on Wednesdays, and it just got progressively more time off. Currently Dr. Allen is only open on Monday, Tuesday and Thursdays and will not make any afternoon appointments at all unless the morning appointment slots are all full, in hope of having the rest of the day off, so if you can only get time to see him in the afternoon, you have to hope that there are others that have already filled the morning slots, otherwise you will have to take more time off or out of your day to accommodate Dr. Allen, or you can go to one of those emergency medical clinics, which charge you a $250 fee and then they file your insurance, or not see a Doctor at all. As for our family we DO NOT RECOMMEND that anyone see Dr. David D. Allen of Allen Tx.

|  unethical office staff/office manager  |  show details
by concerned patient on Apr 27th, 2010

Dr Allen is never in clinic. I had to reschedule several times due to his absences. The office manager, who refused to give her name, tried to obtain a medical history over the the phone before I was even a patient. No consent forms or HIPPA forms were signed. She based my appointment on detailed medical history and then refused rescheduling me. Therefore giving me the impression I have been discriminated against due to my medical back ground. I do not recommend this practice to any one who wishes to have a private consultation with the doctor. Unfortunately I didn't read the warnings on these reviews and feel the doctor is just as bad as the staff he employs.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by REC on Dec 15th, 2009

I have never experienced anything short of exceptional service and care with Dr. Allen's office. I have always felt as though I were at the center of his and his staff's concerns from the moment I walked through the door until i returned again. No matter what questions I may have had, I was always able to call and ask. He's one of the best doctors I have ever had.

|  Great Caring Doctor  |  show details
by TM on Sep 28th, 2009

I have been a patient of Dr Allen for over 6 years and have experienced nothing short of great service from not only him but his nurse and office staff as well. He is one of the few doctors that I have found that will take the time to explain things in detail during my appointments. I have never felt as if he were rushed and didnt dedicate adequate time with me. Dr. Allen has had the same nurse work for him for the majority of the time that I have been his patient. Its not often that you dont see turn over of nursing staff within a small medical practice. The fact that his nurse has been with him for so long definitely says something about his personality. I would highly recommend Dr. Allen to anyone seeking a physician who genuinely cares for his patients.

|  Stay away  |  show details
Sep 22nd, 2009

Doctor is professional but his staff is not. Receptionist is extremely rude and treats you like are a second hand citizen especially on the phone. They seem more interested in getting you in for repeat visits than taking care of you.

|  Very Dangerous MD  |  show details
by Scared on Sep 3rd, 2009

The Day I visited I found the Nurse unskilled and uncaring. If that wasn't bad enough, I believe Dr. Allen had either been drinking or was half DRUNK!!! Never Will I return!!

|  Unprofessional Behavior  |  show details
by Liz G. on Aug 16th, 2009

I own the day spa next door to Dr. David D. Allen. After 13 months of unexplained cruel pranks and intimidating behavior by his staff, we now have a signed letter from Dr. Allen that states he, in fact, drew lewd graffiti with a permanent marker on our windows in the early morning hours of August 14th, 2009. He states that he did this for fun. It is the closest explanation we have ever been able to get for the behavior since it started the week we moved in. If you choose to see a doctor that runs an office full of bullies caught repeatedly by our security cameras, that is your decision. But please ask Dr. Allen for us, why he is really doing all of this so, we can begin to solve the issue. We would like to market our business without fear of these childish pranks. Liz Garrison, BS, LE, LMT, NCTM, MMP, Rain Restorative Therapies in Allen TX.

|  Dr. David Allen  |  show details
Jul 22nd, 2009

Every single time I go into their office, the staff and Dr. Allen has been nothing but kind, curtious, and speaks to you on a level you can understand, he will give you the medical name, and the definition and then he will tell you what it all means to you in your circumstances. He has helped me in various ways diagnosing and treating ailments that I have had. case and note: I was referred to Dr. Allen by a long time friend of mine, about 5 years ago. and I have been a patient ever since.

|  show details
Mar 30th, 2009

Dr. Allen is absolutely the best and most caring doctor I've ever been to. My whole family sees him and we are all very comfortable doing so. His staff is made up of wonderfully caring people, as well.