A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Markowitz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Markowitz, Gastroenterologist is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Markowitz, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease Gastroesophageal Reflux GERD
- Endoscopy Endoscopic Surgery
- Esophageal Diseases
- Hemorrhoids Colon Cancer Colitis Ulcer Disorders Peptic Ulcer Disease Crohn`s Disease Stomach Disorders Gastroesophageal Reflux GERD Colonoscopy Gastrointestinal Disorders Liver Disease Acid Reflux Intestinal Disease Ulcer Disease Proctology ColonRectal Cancer Colon Polyps Diarrhea Sigmoidoscopy Upper Endoscopy Colon and Rectal Disease Heartburn Hiatal Hernia Parasitic Infections-General Small Bowel Problems Gastrointestinal GI Disorders
- Liver Diseases
- Peptic Ulcer
- Peptic Ulcer Duodenal Ulcer
- Proctology; Feeding Tubes; Hemorrhoids; Colon Cancer; Colitis; Ulcer Disorders; Peptic Ulcer Disease; Crohn's Disease; Disorder of Stomach; Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease; Colonoscopy; Gastrointestinal Disorder; Liver Disease; Acid Reflux; Intestinal Disease; Colorectal Cancer; Colon Polyps; Diarrhea; Sigmoidoscopy; Upper Endoscopy; Colon and Rectal Disease; Heartburn; Hiatal Hernia; Parasitic Infection; Small Bowel Problem
- Stomach Ulcer
- Ulcer Disorders Liver Disease Gastroenterology Hiatal Hernia GI Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Markowitz graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Markowitz has 3 hospital affiliations:
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
- New York Presbyterian / Westchester
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Markowitz accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 13 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. David D. Markowitz practice?
Dr. David Markowitz practices Gastroenterology near New York, NY.
See New York Gastroenterologists.