A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Markowitz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Markowitz, Gastroenterologist is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Markowitz, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 17 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Colon Cancer
- Colon Tumor (Adenomatous Polyps)
- Colorectal Cancer
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Esophageal Diseases
- Hiatal Hernia
- Liver Diseases
- Peptic Ulcer
- Peptic Ulcer (Duodenal Ulcer)
- Stomach Ulcer
Education & Awards
Dr. Markowitz graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Markowitz has 3 hospital affiliations:
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
- New York Presbyterian / Westchester
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Markowitz accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 13 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. David D. Markowitz practice?
Dr. David Markowitz practices Gastroenterology near New York, NY.
See New York Gastroenterologists.