Hematology Specialist, Oncology Specialist (cancer)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Terrible Person and Terrible Doctor show details Terrible Person and Terrible Doctor
Jul 27th, 2016

Dr. Powell is extremely pompous and arrogant. His attitude and bedside manner toward his patients and their families is terrible and without emotion or compassion. Dr. Powell told my mother she had a rare form of cancer. Naturally my family was hurting and broken. We mentioned we would like to get a second opinion. He then became very upset and stepped toward my brother bragging about how he graduated from Ohio State and nobody would know any more than himself. after his tantrum him proceeded to walk out of my mother's room and dropped her as a patient without even telling us. We just wanted a second opinion and to talk to a doctor who specifically specializes in this type of cancer, we never insulted or belittled Dr. Powell as he did us. Any doctor like this is dangerous to his patients. He is solely out for money and power. A good doctor answers questions, shows compassion/care and is willing to collaborate and consult with anyone to help his/her patients and that is below Dr. Powell. He needs to lose his ego and learn compassion before he hurts patients or worse costs them their lives. He should be suspended from the state board of medicine. I am absolutely appalled by people like this. they are supposed to be professionals and should act as such. Everyone is entitled to a second opinion and that should be encouraged and not come with the consequence of being dropped as a patient.

Love Powell & his staff show details Love Powell & his staff
by Sheena Eickholt on Oct 8th, 2015

I would recommend Dr. Powell to anyone. I've never had a doctor take the time to answer questions as thorough as he does. I love the one on one time with him, as Jill does all the computer stuff for him. His office staff are friendly, his nurses are also friendly and fun. Walking into an Oncology office is scary, but I felt great after meeting everyone. They have a veryear friendly office. I knew my diagnosis before seeing him. He was my first opinion, with plans to see a few more doctors before making a choice. I never went for anymore opinions. Dr Powell rattled off so much information that my brain couldn't even understand it all. Once I started researching, I realized what he was saying was in fact true. Since he treats such a wide variety of cancer, it's amazing one man can store that much information about one type of cancer. His knowledge level was above and beyond. Although I HATE going to his office for after cancer check ups, I enjoy seeing everyone there!

Best Oncologist I could have asked for show details Best Oncologist I could have asked for
by Sheena E on Aug 22nd, 2013

Dr. Powell took time out of his busy day just to hear my situation and accept me as a patient. I started me cancer journey at age 24 and pregnant. I was scared beyond belief. Every step of the way Dr. P and his staff were by my side. They were more helpful than I knew could be possible. I wouldn't trade doctors for anything! The personal level and Dr level of Dr. P is great. I would recommend him to everyone!

Recommend show details Recommend
Mar 2nd, 2012

Very personable and caring.