Dr. David Powell DO Patient Reviews

3.8

• Good
  • Bad

June 26th, 2017
little regard for patient needs
I would first say the doors that are supposed to open with the button do not both work and have been that way for the past 5 months making it very difficult to get in for patients in wheelchairs and walkers. Also having an automatic opening door that has to be manually opened is very heavy and difficult on my surgically repaired shoulder. Also when we requested appointments at 11 a.m. or later they keep scheduling at 8 a.m. and refuse to reschedule. We requested a later time because we have over an hour drive to the facility and my father is almost 90 years old and it's difficult to get him up and moving that early and rude to force him to do so. I find their staff somewhat rude and uncooperative as well.

July 27th, 2016
Terrible Person and Terrible Doctor
Dr. Powell is extremely pompous and arrogant. His attitude and bedside manner toward his patients and their families is terrible and without emotion or compassion. Dr. Powell told my mother she had a rare form of cancer. Naturally my family was hurting and broken. We mentioned we would like to get a second opinion. He then became very upset and stepped toward my brother bragging about how he graduated from Ohio State and nobody would know any more than himself. after his tantrum him proceeded to walk out of my mother's room and dropped her as a patient without even telling us. We just wanted a second opinion and to talk to a doctor who specifically specializes in this type of cancer, we never insulted or belittled Dr. Powell as he did us. Any doctor like this is dangerous to his patients. He is solely out for money and power. A good doctor answers questions, shows compassion/care and is willing to collaborate and consult with anyone to help his/her patients and that is below Dr. Powell. He needs to lose his ego and learn compassion before he hurts patients or worse costs them their lives. He should be suspended from the state board of medicine. I am absolutely appalled by people like this. they are supposed to be professionals and should act as such. Everyone is entitled to a second opinion and that should be encouraged and not come with the consequence of being dropped as a patient.

October 8th, 2015
Love Powell & his staff
I would recommend Dr. Powell to anyone. I've never had a doctor take the time to answer questions as thorough as he does. I love the one on one time with him, as Jill does all the computer stuff for him. His office staff are friendly, his nurses are also friendly and fun. Walking into an Oncology office is scary, but I felt great after meeting everyone. They have a veryear friendly office. I knew my diagnosis before seeing him. He was my first opinion, with plans to see a few more doctors before making a choice. I never went for anymore opinions. Dr Powell rattled off so much information that my brain couldn't even understand it all. Once I started researching, I realized what he was saying was in fact true. Since he treats such a wide variety of cancer, it's amazing one man can store that much information about one type of cancer. His knowledge level was above and beyond. Although I HATE going to his office for after cancer check ups, I enjoy seeing everyone there!

August 22nd, 2013
Best Oncologist I could have asked for
Dr. Powell took time out of his busy day just to hear my situation and accept me as a patient. I started me cancer journey at age 24 and pregnant. I was scared beyond belief. Every step of the way Dr. P and his staff were by my side. They were more helpful than I knew could be possible. I wouldn't trade doctors for anything! The personal level and Dr level of Dr. P is great. I would recommend him to everyone!

March 2nd, 2012
Recommend
Very personable and caring.

June 1st, 2016