A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Shin:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Shin, Surgeon is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Shin, MD is board certified in Surgery and Vascular Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Arteriovenous Surgical Shunt
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Heart Failure
- Kidney Dialysis (Renal Dialysis)
- Varicose Veins
Education & Awards
Dr. Shin graduated from University of Hawaii, Honolulu.
Dr. Shin has 10 hospital affiliations:
- The Methodist Hospital
- Ben Taub General Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shin accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Humana - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 14 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. David D. Shin practice?
Dr. David Shin practices Surgery and Vascular Surgery near Houston, TX.
See Houston Surgeons.