Dr. David Davtyan Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. David Davtyan?

Colonoscopy

Colonoscopy

Have you seen Dr. David Davtyan?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 21st, 2017

Best Decision Of Your Life

I'd been struggling with my weight for years. The day my primary physician told me that "I now weigh enough qualify for GI Bypass Surgery" I spun into a deep depression. Knowing that being 5'7" at 253 lbs and depressed is not healthy, I knew I had to do something. I was looking at my future and realized that I was on a destructive path. Both my parents are morbidly obese and I knew I didn't want to end up like them. They have a difficult time playing with the grandchildren, getting up and down stairs, and simply just walking around. I knew I wanted better. I needed better. My daughter needs me. I knew I didn't want a GI Bypass as I know its not reversible and has a ton of side affects. I had heard about Lap-Band from my primary physician. I started looking into the surgery and who was the most qualified to do the surgery in the LA Area. There he was. Dr. David Davtyan. A doctor who actually has the band himself!! Who better to ask questions from? Suddenly my dark depression looked a little brighter. I made the appointment for my consultation. I met with Dr. 'D' in spring of 2006. Dr. D and his team were awesome. They welcomed me in with open arms. Not making me feel bad about being a 'Fat Person'. I was so happy, I cried in his office. Dr. D had all my answers. Dr. D isn't your typical doctor. HE LISTENS!!! He Cares!!! Where else can you find that? I had my surgery August 24, 2006. I consider that the day I got my life back. Dr. Davtyan, gave that to me. He's been there for me from the beginning and 2 years later and 75 pounds lighter, he's still here. Being overweight is a difficult thing to overcome. Physically and emotionally. But IT IS possible. Dr. Davtyan and his team made it possible. Dr. D gave me a way to live a healthy lifestyle. For that, I am forever grateful. Anyone considering WLS should seriously consider Lap-Band. And if you do, your only choice for a physician should be Dr. David Davtyan! It'll be the best decision of your life.

July 19th, 2017

Thank you Dr. Davtyan

I grew up morbidly obese and after living an entire life full of unsuccessful diet attempts I finally wanted to do something about it and make a real change. My brother had gastric bypass and my sister had the Lap Band and I saw them have success, so I looked for doctors in the area and found Dr. Davtyan. I found that he is one of the best Lap Band surgeons in California, so I made an appointment and met with Arsine whom I absolutely loved from the moment I met her. Then I met Dr. Davtyan and found him to be the perfect fit. Regardless of which weight loss surgery you get, it doesn't put you in the gym or make you eat right, you still have to do the work. That's one of the reasons I love Dr. Davtyan - He and the whole staff really care about their patients. There was one incident when I had gained a little weight back because I wasn't keeping up with my healthy eating habits and he made sure that I got back on track. I like that he and his staff won't let you fall through the cracks. His staff will call to check up on you because they care, they want to see and make sure you are keeping up healthy habits and have lasting results. Before the surgery I was 306 lbs and I have lost 130 lbs with the Lap Band, which I've kept off for over 4 years now! He has the best follow up care, which is what makes him exceptional. My marriage is better now; I am able to be the healthy wife my husband deserves. My blood pressure is down at a normal rate, I feel like I can conquer the world in a sense. My weight-loss with the Lap Band has also helped me excel in my career. Just being able to shop in a normal store and spend less on my clothes because I am literally buying less material than I was before, being able to fit my legs into cowboy boots (I'm from Texas, so obviously that's important to me), wearing shorts that aren't of bermuda length. Everything is better now and it's all thanks to Dr. Davtyan, his staff and their amazing care.

June 9th, 2016

He is truly everything a surgeon should be and more! Amazing bedside manner, compassionate, informative, a great listener, and he has the best smile!

July 4th, 2012

excellent surgeon terrible bedside manner

After deciding that it was my fault that acid reflux set in, Dr Davtyan loosened the lap band somewhat and problem was solved. But why try to place blame on me when the band had been adjusted too tightly?

June 7th, 2012

Skinny Happy Patient

Dr. Davtyan has been good to me over the years. He is courteous and kind with an office staff I find second to none. His staff consistently check up on me making sure I am doing well. Though I had lap band surgery in 2007 they want to make sure I am doing well as I proceed through life's journey with this incredible piece of technology.

February 11th, 2012

Superior Follow up Care.

I had the surgery one and a half years ago. My EWL (estimated weight loss) is 113% in the past 18 months. The surgery was easy and simple; it was like In and out. My recovery was very good, I didnt even have to take any pain medication. Dr. Davtyans team provided superior follow up care. It was very easy to get a hold of someone when I had a question, they were always very accessible. His staff is always very welcoming. I did not have any complication after the surgery. I always struggled with my weight, especially in college; I gained a lot of weight unexpectedly. My mom brought to my attention the option of lap band. I was skeptical at first, but I am glad I did it. Having the lap band is like having the supervision of a nutritionist, a mechanism to control the portion you eat. I had problem with the portion of the meal that I eat, now that I have control that I need.

February 2nd, 2012

God Bless Dr. Davtyan!

I am so grateful to Dr David Davtyan, that I wake up every morning, and ask God to bless him! I had the surgery five months ago, it was very smooth. Dr. Davtyans team was very nice and they made me feel very comfortable. Now I have no more diabetes, and sleep apnea. I passed my treadmill test yesterday without passing out! I feel so much younger and happier now that I lost 30 lbs! I enjoy visiting Dr. Davtyans office; they are like a family to me! There is no out of pocket cost from me, as it was covered by Medicare.

November 16th, 2011

Finally a Dr. who understands!!!

Dr. Davtyan really understands!! I have been struggling with my weight since having a thyroid crisis 20 years ago. I have lost over 60 pounds in less than 10 months despite my thyroid problems. I know I'll continue to lose and reach my goal weight in no time. I feel amazing!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! :-)

November 15th, 2011

As a child, I was always cute and petite. As I became an adult, I developed an in-charge personality that translated to running a home and becoming a successful business woman. After my children were born, I found I was in control of all aspects of my life with one exception, my weight. As I entered my 30s, I got fatter and fatter. By the time I was in my 50s, I was a short rotund matronly woman with great kids, grandkids, husband and career. But with all this, I was very unhappy with how I looked and felt and to make matters worse, I was becoming very unhealthy with all the maladies associated with obesity. I knew I had to do something, but the thought of gastric surgery was repugnant because that seemed like failing if I didnt have the will to do it myself. Then I realized I was already failing just by being obese. I began my quest by calling a very popular and overexposed 800 number. I thought I was going in for a private consultation but found out I was part of a cattle call. Being just a number wasnt for me. On a fluke, I mentioned my experience to my primary doctor who enthusiastically told me he just had the surgery with a Dr. David Davtyan (who incidentally is a patient himself). From the moment I stepped into his office, I knew I was in good hands. I was immediately put at ease and re-assured that I was a good candidate for this surgery. Dr. Davtyan and his staff were very honest about all the successes they had as well as any potential drawbacks and risks. I was well prepared and knew what I could expect both good and bad and I was ready. Nothing else had worked for me. The day after my surgery I no longer needed my diabetes medicine. My asthma was gone and I lost weight at a steady pace. All along the way, I was given resources, encouragement and confidence. As my size diminished, my happiness and good health increased and before long, I felt almost like the petite youth I once was. Dr. Davtyan is my hero and I tell him every time I see him. Its clich to say he saved my lifebut sometimes a clich is the only appropriate expression of truth.

He saved me

The lap band has saved my life. It had cured my diabetes and has given me a new perspective on life and has given me confidence in walking high with my shoulders up.

November 10th, 2011

the doctor and staff are fabulous.

The doctor and staff are fabulous. I felt very comfortable being here and felt well taken care of. I am very hopeful that is going to work. I have lost 18.5 pounds in two months!!!

REALLY impressed and VERY pleased

I am a nurse and the owner and operator of a health care assisted living facilities and was REALLY impressed by the level of professionalism given to me by the doctor and staff. From the time I was rolled into the room, I was never left alone. I was taken care of through out my time at the center. The anesthesiologist was excellent and I had a sense that the whole team really cared about me. I had no complications and I only used the pain medication once. I was VERY pleased!