Dr. David Davtyan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 9th, 2016
He is truly everything a surgeon should be and more! Amazing bedside manner, compassionate, informative, a great listener, and he has the best smile!

July 4th, 2012
excellent surgeon terrible bedside manner
After deciding that it was my fault that acid reflux set in, Dr Davtyan loosened the lap band somewhat and problem was solved. But why try to place blame on me when the band had been adjusted too tightly?

June 6th, 2012
Skinny Happy Patient
Dr. Davtyan has been good to me over the years. He is courteous and kind with an office staff I find second to none. His staff consistently check up on me making sure I am doing well. Though I had lap band surgery in 2007 they want to make sure I am doing well as I proceed through life's journey with this incredible piece of technology.

February 10th, 2012
Superior Follow up Care.
I had the surgery one and a half years ago. My EWL (estimated weight loss) is 113% in the past 18 months. The surgery was easy and simple; it was like In and out. My recovery was very good, I didnt even have to take any pain medication. Dr. Davtyans team provided superior follow up care. It was very easy to get a hold of someone when I had a question, they were always very accessible. His staff is always very welcoming. I did not have any complication after the surgery. I always struggled with my weight, especially in college; I gained a lot of weight unexpectedly. My mom brought to my attention the option of lap band. I was skeptical at first, but I am glad I did it. Having the lap band is like having the supervision of a nutritionist, a mechanism to control the portion you eat. I had problem with the portion of the meal that I eat, now that I have control that I need.

February 2nd, 2012
God Bless Dr. Davtyan!
I am so grateful to Dr David Davtyan, that I wake up every morning, and ask God to bless him! I had the surgery five months ago, it was very smooth. Dr. Davtyans team was very nice and they made me feel very comfortable. Now I have no more diabetes, and sleep apnea. I passed my treadmill test yesterday without passing out! I feel so much younger and happier now that I lost 30 lbs! I enjoy visiting Dr. Davtyans office; they are like a family to me! There is no out of pocket cost from me, as it was covered by Medicare.

November 15th, 2011
Finally a Dr. who understands!!!
Dr. Davtyan really understands!! I have been struggling with my weight since having a thyroid crisis 20 years ago. I have lost over 60 pounds in less than 10 months despite my thyroid problems. I know I'll continue to lose and reach my goal weight in no time. I feel amazing!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! :-)

November 14th, 2011
As a child, I was always cute and petite. As I became an adult, I developed an in-charge personality that translated to running a home and becoming a successful business woman. After my children were born, I found I was in control of all aspects of my life with one exception, my weight. As I entered my 30s, I got fatter and fatter. By the time I was in my 50s, I was a short rotund matronly woman with great kids, grandkids, husband and career. But with all this, I was very unhappy with how I looked and felt and to make matters worse, I was becoming very unhealthy with all the maladies associated with obesity. I knew I had to do something, but the thought of gastric surgery was repugnant because that seemed like failing if I didnt have the will to do it myself. Then I realized I was already failing just by being obese. I began my quest by calling a very popular and overexposed 800 number. I thought I was going in for a private consultation but found out I was part of a cattle call. Being just a number wasnt for me. On a fluke, I mentioned my experience to my primary doctor who enthusiastically told me he just had the surgery with a Dr. David Davtyan (who incidentally is a patient himself). From the moment I stepped into his office, I knew I was in good hands. I was immediately put at ease and re-assured that I was a good candidate for this surgery. Dr. Davtyan and his staff were very honest about all the successes they had as well as any potential drawbacks and risks. I was well prepared and knew what I could expect both good and bad and I was ready. Nothing else had worked for me. The day after my surgery I no longer needed my diabetes medicine. My asthma was gone and I lost weight at a steady pace. All along the way, I was given resources, encouragement and confidence. As my size diminished, my happiness and good health increased and before long, I felt almost like the petite youth I once was. Dr. Davtyan is my hero and I tell him every time I see him. Its clich to say he saved my lifebut sometimes a clich is the only appropriate expression of truth.

November 10th, 2011
He saved me
The lap band has saved my life. It had cured my diabetes and has given me a new perspective on life and has given me confidence in walking high with my shoulders up.

November 10th, 2011
the doctor and staff are fabulous.
The doctor and staff are fabulous. I felt very comfortable being here and felt well taken care of. I am very hopeful that is going to work. I have lost 18.5 pounds in two months!!!

November 9th, 2011
REALLY impressed and VERY pleased
I am a nurse and the owner and operator of a health care assisted living facilities and was REALLY impressed by the level of professionalism given to me by the doctor and staff. From the time I was rolled into the room, I was never left alone. I was taken care of through out my time at the center. The anesthesiologist was excellent and I had a sense that the whole team really cared about me. I had no complications and I only used the pain medication once. I was VERY pleased!

October 18th, 2011
Dr David Davtyan is the best with his golden fingers!
Finally my dream came true to be able to wear size 6-8.I love my new look and I got back my self-esteem and my self-confidence and I owe all this to my Dr. David Davtyan.He is the best with his golden fingers. I thank him very much for what he made me and today I'm proudly going out and looking fantastic. He gave me a new life, a new look and a great feeling.Thank you Dr. Davtyan. You are the best of the best and you are EXCELLING all others.

October 18th, 2011
Dr Davtyan has changed my life
Having the Gastric Band has changed my life. The emotional stress of yo-yo dieting is no longer, I can now enjoy food without worry.Thanks to Dr. Davtyan and the "band" now for the first time, I feel that I am the person that I was meant to be.