Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
Upset patient show details Upset patient
Feb 24th, 2015

Dr deems is a great doctor and Missy is super (PA). However for no reason I got a letter out of the blue after 10 plus years of dedicated loyalty to his practice he dropped me for no apparent reason. He didn't refer me to another doctor just sent a letter on the mail with no warning and let me go. Talk about HURTFUL!!! I will be writing a letter, actually scheduling a meeting to talk with him and sending a letter to the board. This is extremely unprofessional behavior! I've sent so many referrals an to be treated with such disrespect!

by AJ on Feb 6th, 2015

Least responsive, long waiting time, staff un resposive. Doctor may be good but he has no time to spend with patient or answer questions.

Don't bother! show details Don't bother!
Jan 26th, 2015

First, let me say i'm not ranting just cuz i'm mad. I haven't been to dr deems in months, for good reason. I was just thinking about it & decided to share. These people do not care about their patients. There is one nurse, Shannon i think, who is just the rudest thing. I was in the office to see Deems & was very upset over some health issues I was having. I was crying & shaking & visibly worried. This nurse comes in & actually laughed at me! Not a full blown laugh, but a chuckle. She only looked at me over her shoulder. Not a bit of concern. Which I wasn't looking for sympathy, but I didn't expect to be laughed at for being upset. And dr. deems is the most apathetic person i have ever met. don't think your health issues are of any concern to him. it's clear he's there for the paycheck. People are treated like cattle here. In & out with as little effort on their part as possible.

Jun 11th, 2012

Dr Deems spends the necessary amount of time with his patients so you are comfortable when you leave that you all your questions answered. he has a great staff and they remember you and what your needs/wants are when you return.

Best Number 1 doctor ever!!!!! show details Best Number 1 doctor ever!!!!!
Aug 7th, 2011

Dr. Deems is the absolute finest doctor. He has helped many of our family members and still continues to be our finest superior doctor and I feel blessed I have the priviledge to be his patient and friend. Submitted by Teresa Nixon.

by Niki Petty on Apr 14th, 2010

Patient for 18 years--I send everyone I know to him.

by patient on Mar 24th, 2009 on yahoo.com

Hands down the best doctor I've ever had. I'm a diabetic so I see him frequently and he honestly cares about my well being. I'd drive hours to seem Dr. Deems and I'd refer anyone to him. He sets the bar for all other doctors.

by Sheila B on Dec 31st, 2008 on yahoo.com

Dr Deems is great. Very courteous and explains things in a manner that makes sense. He has gone above and beyond on several occassions. I drive 20 miles from my home to see him because I refuse to change doctors.

by Kevin S on Dec 5th, 2008 on yahoo.com

Very good doctor, parking DOES suck, they will cancel your appt. if late, but that's not the doctor's doing. Get there 20-25 mins. early. They are very good about call backs about questions/test results, etc... He takes the time to talk w/you. They have their own lab, x-ray/MRI, etc.. PARKING IS REAL BAD, BUT HE'S A GOOD DR., AS MARE HIS NURSES/PA.

Aug 19th, 2008 on yahoo.com

I am not sure how the doctor is. But i had an appt at 2:30 and showed up at 2:38 got my paperwork from the front desk and started filling it out. then the front desk waited until i finished filling out my paperwork and said i was too late to be seen i was

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
Family care show details Family care
by Citysearch User on Mar 5th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Deems was the very first physician i had in Irving when i moved here from San Antonio. the office staff and nice and patient and the wai...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com