Pediatrician

Mc 1-1481
6621 Fannin St
Houston, TX 77030
832-824-5497
Locations and availability (2)

1.0

|  Doctor Delemos wanted to do surgery for 1 stitch  |  show details
by Patient's Father. on Dec 4th, 2009

We entered Texas Childrens for a small wound on the face. We had to wait 4 hours before seeing the doctor.Rules were :1. If child drank, must wait 2 hours before surgery.2. If child ate, must wait 4 hours before surgery.3. If wound was animal bite, then NO STITCHES according to hospital policy.After seeing the first doctor who cleaned out the wound and told us that there was going to be a scar and that we should get a single stitch which required our son to be given a shot of Aketamine ( which by the way the doctor said was a street drug ), the head doctor, Dr Delemos, said "come on, I'll get all the rules waived."The first doctor wiggled our son's wound in front of us and told us it was going to scar.They were trying to sell us something that was not needed.The cost of the single stitch would have been $4500 and they did not care if we had insurance or not.Dr Delemos barely mustered a handshake when I told them I could not afford it.The first doctor refused to shake my hand twice upon leaving.