Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat)
Video profile

Apr 4th, 2015

Very caring gentle physician.

GREAT Doctor show details GREAT Doctor
by Debbie Smoody on Jul 17th, 2014

My husband has been a patient of Dr. DeMarino for 15 plus years and in my opinion he is the BEST!!! He is thorough in his explanations and examinations and spends as much time as needed wih us during our visits. Sure you may have to wait longer than your scheduled appointment time but that is because he takes time with his patients, listening and answering questions. I DREAD the day that Dr. Demarino retires and we have to find another doctor.

poor bedside manner show details poor bedside manner
Dec 9th, 2013

He was at least 45 minutes late. He then entered the room without first knocking or apologizing. spent little time with me - five to six minutes for lump on my thyroid - first visit for this. The worst part was that he talked very fast, seemed disinterested, and rushed out. When I called him weeks later to discuss the results of a needle biopsy, he did call back promptly, but again, talked so fast that I had to ask him to repeat. The second time was not much better, and I have a perfect grasp of English! Summary - very poor bedside manner and needs to be told to slow down. Needs to act like he cares.

Doc is fine but... show details Doc is fine but...
by Lola on Jul 24th, 2013

I previously saw Dr. DeMarino for a different problem. I was so frustrated and angry with the appointment scheduling system they have that I "quit." Then I developed my current problem and my referring doctor really wanted me to see Dr. D. so I relented. Dr. D is fine, took his time, explained everything to me, etc. My complaint remains with the appointment scheduling system. While I was in the waiting room today, another patient came in complaining about how difficult it is to get an appointment. Most of the time you get a recording asking you to leave your name and number. The other patient she called 3 times and never got a call back. One of the schedulers came out and was very defensive, insisting they returned her calls. The patient said she had been home at all the times the scheduler claimed to have called. My experience is twofold. First, I work in a setting where I can not take phone calls randomly. Every time I called I got the recording. I left my name and number and asked they call after a certain time, when I could take calls was. They called back way before the time I asked for. I couldn't take the call. So I had to call again, leave a message and this exact scenario repeated itself 3 times. Ultimately I received an email and a phone message telling me they called back. If I have to deal with a recording, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask that they call back after a certain time under my circumstances (which I explained early on). The second issue is if you have an immediate problem, forget getting in to see the doc quickly. My ears had impacted wax. I could not hear. I told them that but it made no difference. The first appt they offered me was about a month out. It's really a shame. The doctors are fine but the appt schedulers and their system are the worst. Pick your poison.