Pediatrician, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones), Pediatric Specialist

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Narrow minded diagnosis show details Narrow minded diagnosis
Mar 23rd, 2016

Referred to him for my child's abnormal thyroid level issues found after I asked her pediatrician to check them bc I have a genetic thyroid problem. After waiting for the appointment, driving 2 hours to get there, It took over an hour to get into a room, the staff was extremely rude (it's a children's hospital, I expected so much more from them!) & when we FINALLY got to see the dr he was abrasive, condescending & spent 10 min. total with us. He didn't order any other endocrine tests or give us any more help for her symptoms. Said her levels don't require medication, even with her symptoms (which is understandable but I thought more thorough blood testing would at least be ordered-but it wasn't). He just said to have her thyroid levels only checked every 6 mos. & sent us on our way. I left in shock. A year later, after a routine blood test at the gyno, high levels of another emdocrine hormone was found leading to an abnormal MRI explaining the orig. symptoms & more. He never thought about other causes (no differential diagnosis) & if he had been more thorough in listening to her symptoms & how she felt, he could've prevented my child from decling in health as she has. It's horrible to watch your child unable to lose weight (even though she excercises & eats healthy), become increasingly fatigued, have increasing frequent headaches & sleeping issues. Now she faces MRI's the rest of her life, medications, plus a neurologist to keep the issues under control. To think your only daughter may be infertile if her multiple endocrine hormones aren't kept under control is so terrible for a mother to contemplate (and that's if the other issues are addressed & fixed). I'm upset that a dr wouldn't see the big picture & helped when all he had to do was some extra blood work-even if it was just on the pituitary gland hormones other than thyroid level. *The MRI also showed an unrelated growth in the brain stem, that now also needs to be checked & would've been helpful to know about last year also if an MRI had been ordered last year after extra blood work. I'm in shock.

Thank you Dr Dempsher!! show details Thank you Dr Dempsher!!
by Lynn kimes Graczyk on Aug 18th, 2015

My sons are now 25 and 22. Dr Dempsher was the best pediatrician they ever saw! He caught my oldest sons heart defect and as a result we have a happy, HEALTHY 25 year old! I can't thank him enough for What he's done for our family!

Jul 27th, 2015

He for years treated my daughter with synthroid. Knowing she has celiac and it has gluten in it. We told him she still felt terrible and he did nothing for years since she was 6 years old until 15. I finally saw someone else. He told us about that being the wrong medication for her. Switched her meds and she has lost 35lbs in just a month! Feels so much better. Dr Dempsher never listen and got us NO Where!

Feb 26th, 2013

I find it very difficult to communicate with Dr. Dempsher sometimes and we've been seeing him for years. He isn't eager to listen when I try and relay symptoms my child is experiencing. As another reviewer mentioned he is late for appointments and does not return phone calls promptly. As long as 3 or 4 days for a return call from him or someone from his staff. I waited several weeks for a return call at one point and finally called again and was informed by his office that he said he did return my call which I never received.

Routinely over an hour late for appointments. show details Routinely over an hour late for appointments.
May 11th, 2011

We've been seeing Dr. Demspsher for over 2 years and he is routinely late for appointments, 1 1/2 to 2 hours late! Today was the thrid time in a row I was left waiting for over an hour, I left withoiut seeing the doctor and will not be seeing him again.