Dr. David Devoid Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. David Devoid?

Awful experience!!!!!

Posted on March 11th, 2014

My son was referred to Dr. Devoid from his pediatrician for a milk protein allergy. From the first appointment it was nothing but a bad experience! While, Dr. Devoid did seem very knowledgable medically speaking, his bedside manner was terrible. He often made me feel stupid or uneducated. If you asked a question or especially questioned his advice he would treat me like I was wrong for asking and made me second guess my parenting ability, something no mother should feel! After all, I was there to fix my son and find out what was wrong! Now his office management is VERY incompetent and unprofessional! For the longest time I could never get anyone to answer the phone when I called or even call me back! They were late on giving me test results and I had to call and ask to talk to the office manager (who by the way as not called me back one time in 6 months after leaving 3 messages to speak with her) to receive them. Several times his nurse would ask me what needed to be done when dealing with insurance and scheduling an out of office test. She never knew what was going on or how to do her job, or acted like she didn't have time to deal with it and wanted me to handle it all when in reality it is HER job and what SHE gets paid to do! I have finally pulled my son from under Dr. Devoid's care and will be continuing his care with a different doctor. It has been nothing but a headache dealing with his office. They are poorly managed and unprofessional when it comes to getting a job done.

Best doctor I have taken my son to see.

Posted on August 9th, 2013

Dr. Devoid has been an amazing doctor for my son. After dealing with many doctors giving me advice I had already been doing for my "too small" son, he is the one that really helped me figure out what was going on and cared when I was frustrated. He has always been kind to my son and made him comfortable being in a doctors office. He is a great doctor that really seems to want to help and I've appreciated everything he has done for us. He has always listened to my concerns and made sure I understand everything he recommends. He talks to you about every little detail even if its not what you may want to hear, which is great because I like having a doctor who is straight forward and tells you the truth. I'm assuming this is why some put bad reviews, but I completely disagree with those. If anyone has a child dealing with weight issues or reflux he is the BEST doctor and I would definitely recommend him to anyone.

Sounds like he hasn't changed

Posted on March 25th, 2013

My daughter was going into 6th grade and was referred to Dr. Devoid by her pediatrician for what was thought to be acid reflux. We had our initial visit with Dr. Devoid and he seemed ok. He wanted to do an endoscopy so I had to check with her schedule to see what would work. She was about to start school and was also a cheerleader. I received a call at my place of employment from his nurse and she stated that he needed to speak to me. When he got on the phone he began to berade me, "obviously I don't understand the severity of the situation" I am at tears at this point and I was the front desk person where I worked which made it worse. I told him of the scheduling situation and he told me he had patients from GPS, Baylor and McCallie that could make appts he didn't see why I couldn't make one with my daughter going to a public school. EXCUSE ME ???? Needless to say, we got the endoscopy scheduled, he came to me after and said "Well, good news, we didn't find any thing wrong. " What? Seriously?? You called me at my work and acted like my daughter was in serious danger and you come to me and say NOTHING is wrong? A few MONTHS later I got a letter in the mail from the lab saying there were signs of reflux. That was 10 years ago. I obviously haven't forgotten this horrible experience and am sorry for those that have had them same fate with Dr Devoid as I did, however I am also thankful for those that have had a better result and changed their childs life. We however are still having issues with her and will not go back to Dr. Devoid.

Good

Posted on March 19th, 2013

He does his job well. My child is better off because of him.

Arrogant and unprofessional

Posted on February 7th, 2013

This doctor is very arrogant, insensitive, and unresponsive. Some test results were never provided even several months later. His treatment of concerned parents is unacceptable. He was not our pediatrician's first choice to refer us to, but we could get in quicker so we took a chance. Now we know why.

Posted on September 17th, 2012

Okay first things first. You never know which Dr. devoid you will get. Sometimes he is a complete and total jerk and will make you irate the next he is awesome, nice and supportive. We have to see him A LOT due to my daughters issues and there really aren't a ton of options so we stuck it out. Now once you just accept his personality he is an amazing doctor who really does care about his patients (even if he acts annoyed at suggestions etc), he does have a method to his madness and he will fight for your child to be treated properly by hospital staff. He will always call you promptly if he is On call. He always remembers details of my daughters case and will call back to check on her or meet us at the hospital. Overall I would totally recommend him just be prepared for his personality and know its not personal. The sooner you accept that the easier things will get.

Posted on August 15th, 2012

Took my 16 year old daughter to him because she was havimng problems with being very sick for days at a time. He misdiagnosed her case and refused to do the Hida scan needed to see that it was her gall bladder, even after we asked him if thats what it could be. Her pediatrician did the test and she had her gall bladder removed and hse is much better now!

Wonderful wonderful doctor

Posted on January 26th, 2012

Dr. Devoid changed our lives! At the first appointment he talked with me for over an hour and truely understood everything we were going through with out son. He came up with a treatment plan and it was perfect. Within a few days my son was in no more pain and was happy! I actually cried at our last appointment (the 1 year appt) because Dr. Devoid had no idea how Uch he changed our lives. I highly reccommend him as your childs GI doctor as he plays with the kids and is very thorough. I cannot stress how wonderful he is!

Not a recommendation I would ever make

Posted on February 22nd, 2011

This Doctor may have gone to a 4 star medical school but his bedside manner is terrible! and his office staff is even worse. I would Never step foot in this doctors office again

Best doctor

Posted on February 7th, 2010

After struggling with GI issues with my son for 2 1/2 years, Dr. Devoid fixed him within a few weeks. It has been amazing to see the changes in my son and now that he is feeling better, he is happier and better behaved as well. We are so thankful for his help. We trusted him and did what he told us to do. He really cares about his patients. He is one of a kind and an amazing doctor. He has really impacted our lives in a positive way. I would recommend him to a friend in a heartbeat.

Excellent Diagnosis

Posted on December 26th, 2009

Diagnosed Cystic Fibrosis from pancreatic attacks & referred to specialist. made a world of difference in my son's life. Very straight with you. Excellent physician. Highly recommend.

Posted on April 11th, 2017