Cardiologist (heart)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  In Good Hands  |  show details
Jun 20th, 2012

Dr. Dieterich is very thorough and personable. He eases your anxiety during the examination, listens to your concerns and takes time to explain conditions/treatment plans. His staff follows his lead as they are very professional and on the ball.

|  E.A Alexander  |  show details
Jan 18th, 2011

Dr Dietrich saved my life. I was having chest pains and went to St Pete General. They ran a few tests and sent me on my way a day later. I called Dr Dietrich and was seen by him immediately. After taking my medical history he ordered a heart cath. He found a 90% blockage in one of my arteries. He took the necessary time with me that St Pete General and one of the top cardiologists in the area didn't. He is one of the most caring doctors I have ever been to. As long as I live in St Pete, I will never see a different cardiologist.

|  Stay away from this doctor  |  show details
Nov 23rd, 2010

I had a stress test with this doctor last week and he could not have been less caring or compassionate. As the test got faster, I was going faster than my short legs could go and I told him that. He said they could cut my legs off but that wouldnt help. He didnt even acknowledge me saying I get severe cramps in my calves when I overexert myself. He also said that if I couldnt make it through, the whole test was ruined (which I know isnt true since there is an alternative med they can give you to simulate exercise). He also said if I couldnt handle it, I might as well have gone to the spa instead. Toward the end, I almost vomited and he said just make sure I turn my head to the left to not get any on him. He was absolutely horrific--I have never had such a sorry excuse for a doctor. I will never go back to his practice, nor will I recommend anyone return to see him or anyone else in that practice. Patients, especially in a highly vulnerable situation, where they think they're going to collapse, vomit and/or fall off the treadmill, deserve compassion and encouragement, not belittlement.