David Drucker, MD

1255 19th St
Ste 101
Denver, CO 80202
303-293-9311
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Satisfied patient  |  show details
Jul 23rd, 2012

I went to Dr. Drucker because a friend referred me to him. He did a great job. The only beef I have is the assistant working with me first was interrupted more than once by phone calls and other assistants needing to talk to him. Other than that I have absolutely no complaints. The doc is pleasant and is very professional. I'll go back.

|  Did not take any time to see me  |  show details
Dec 20th, 2011

He rushed throught my visit, spending just about a couple of minutes. I will have to see another doctor to help me with all questions I had since he did seem to care much about my concerns, even giving me a prescription for glasses I did not need without asking questions before hand.

|  show details
Feb 7th, 2011

This place is a complete joke! A bunch of unfriendly idiots run the front desk. They wanted to charge me $100.00 out-of-pocket for a "class" that shows me how to put contacts (or a "medical device" as they call it) in and out of my eyes, and they would not fill my prescription without it. Stay away from this place!

Doctor's Response

I want to express my apology for your recent unsatisfactory experience in our office. However, I must tell you that I stand by the policy of requiring a contact lens class for new patients. Since contact lenses seem cosmetic and are worn by so many people these days it is very easy to forget that they are indeed a medical device. This is not my classification, but the FDA's. The improper use of contact lenses, in fact, accounts for 70,000 ER visits a year. Just last night I was called into the office for a patient that has been wearing lenses for over a year and still had trouble getting the lens out. He had a severe case of keratitis that left untreated could cause serious scarring and even blindness. Complications arising from improper use and care of contact lenses is a very grave issue. I am proud of my front desk for not allowing you or any patient to treat these devices in a cavalier manner. I implore anyone who is interested in contacts to please take the wearing of them seriously and to always follow the advice of your eye doctor - including taking a class to learn how to wear and care for these devices. If you were upset rather because of the price of the class, please know that this price includes: 1. The time of the technician and I to fit the lens properly so there is no corneal damage 2. The time it take my front desk to check you in and out and handle your insurance information 3. The cost of ordering trial lenses and supply of lenses. Our price of $100 is standard for our area and is in no way a revenue producer for my office.

|  Thank you Dr. Drucker  |  show details
Dec 1st, 2010

I had surgery recently and when I returned home from it, my eyes felt like they had sand in them and were burning very bad. I called Dr. Drucker's office after hours because my own doctor's office couldn't help me after several distressing calls. He called back right away and was able to give me immediate relief and knew exactly what the problem was in a matter of minutes. (My eyes were left open for 2 hours during surgery with no lubrication causing both eyes to ulcerate.) His knowledge and professionalism are impressive!!!

|  Great professional and personal service  |  show details
by denver girl on Mar 1st, 2010

I would highly recommend Dr. Drucker. He is extremely professional, and I have always had a good experience when I have visited.