Dr. David Altman Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. David Altman?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

November 3rd, 2016

I loved all of the articles from Dr. Altman. They came with a lot of very important information but also very realistic He is amazing and a very nice person.

March 4th, 2015

Horrible experience with dr altman with me personally, I over heard the office lady tell dr altman that they had been giving narcotics to a pregnant woman. He refused to treat me because of my past failure of a different practice all together. I don't think that I'd the best thing for an addict is to be judged and then sent back out to the street to fend for themselves. Truthfully thus visit and judgment that I was charged cash for makes me want to see just how much heroin I can actually do in one dose?! Thank you dr altman for one more reason to use illegal street drugs and try to get clean on my own.

June 7th, 2014

Quite the reputation

Dr Altman is unconventional, his nurse/assistance is rude, a know-it-all, and just about as unpleasant as they come. I couldn't ' see him because he doesn't take my insurance, and out of pocket was not a possibility. The doc came very highly recommended but even if my insurance could have covered it, I wouldn't have been able to tolerate his rude office help. Fortunately I found Dr Sowerby at North State Pain Management

September 11th, 2012

I have a good review

After reading the reviews for one they are very outdated 2010. I was referred to Dr Altman and Mary Ellen and have been treated extremely professional. If you are ready and need to change your life IE- Get off the pain pills that so many Doctors prescribe like candy than go to Dr Altman and Mary Ellen Smith. If it wasn't for them I would still be stuck in my addiction spinning out of control. Mary Ellen tells it like it is which people whom are not ready to clean up get way bent out of shape. If your looking for someone to feel sorry for you and feed your ego than this is not the right Doctors office for you. If your ready to be honest and open and do something to help yourself Dr Altman and Mary Ellen Smith will do whatever it takes to help you.

March 13th, 2012

horrible and scarry Dr.

I was court ordered to see Dr. Altman and his sidekick Marry Ellen smith, AKA "scarey Marry". these two are the most unprofessional and rudest people in the entire world of medicine and addition counseling. If you don't have insurance they will provide you with medication that has nothing to do with what is wrong with you. Marry Ellen acts like she cares about you when in fact all she goes to courts for is to get her office new clients. That woman has no business in the court systems, giving her opinion about people when she herself is a bi-polar crazy, nasty mouth individual. I hope the courts realize that she is a mockery to the judicial system and need to replace her with someone more professional.

March 24th, 2011

Great Doctor

I think Dr. Altman is a great doctor. His office is a little unconventional, but I like that. It's easy to talk with other people in the waiting room. You don't find that at any other doctors office. He spends a lot of time with his patients. Most doctors that I've seen hardly even look at you and you're lucky if you get 10 minutes of their time. I can give Dr. Altman my symptoms and he can pretty much tell me what is wrong. I don't have to deal with Mary Ellen, thank goodness. But Jessica is always friendly, courteous and knows what she's doing.

August 9th, 2010

GET OUT AS FAST AS YOU CAN

...............................RUN Don't ever go to this doctor

April 13th, 2010

Fine Doctor/Horrible Nurse(Slash) Counscilor

Dr. Altman Is a smart man! He is not a bad Dr at all. The problem is though is that he has chosen to allow a very rude, UnEducated(IMO) woman to care for his patients. The Nurse that works in his office is the most rude, arrogent, misleading woman that I have ever come across. Besides bing the Nurse, she is also the Addiction Specialist Councilor! And In My Opinion, Mary Ellen has no business being in the position of caring for peoples emotional needs. She is very impatient and seems to never truly pay attentin to her patients needs, besides the little notes she writes down here and there. She's Impolite, Intrusive, and very Insulting at times! The most strangest thing about her is that she honestly doesn't seem to notice how her behavior and mannorism toward an addict can be very damaging to their progress of changing their lives. Which to me shows how obvious it is the she has no place nor right being in the position of caring for an addicts emotional well being. As a Nurse, fine! I have come across many rude and big headed Nurses in my time, but as a councilor, she just has no place in that position. And I'm sure that if the CN&R Knew what type of person Marry Ellen truly was as an addiction Specialist, than I am pretty positive that they would not have let her tak part in their article about perscription pill abuse, much less, directed their readers in her direction!As to Jessica, She is a very helpful individual. I do not know what her exact position is in the office, but If she was the one who had Marry Ellens position, than I thin that Dr. Altmans Office would have a much better rating and their (Addiction Program) patients would be much more willing to fulfill their desire of getting off of Pain medications.

February 2nd, 2010

Typical MediCal or Medicaid Doctor/Terrible Staff *IE:RN*

First of all, I must say that I think Dr. Altman is a typical Dr. He can be very rude at times. Seems to have good days and bad days. And on the bad days he really likes to talk down to the patients and can be a very scary man. But some patients have no choice but to see him because he is one of very few that accept MediCal. Which is why he probably tends to treat some patients with such disrespect. But what can a person do.....? He's a Doctor and knows what he's talking about, so I guess I would rather be talked down to and get medical care, rather than get no care at all! But The fact that I would not reccomend him to anybody has nothing to do with him.But the Nurse that he has chosen to work for/below him is just absolutely awful! She is just all over the place and never seems to get things done in a timely matter. She is the most scattered indivudal that I have ever came across working inside of a Doctors office. Which I find quite strange because she is the main nurse/councilor. She is the one who has to make sure everything is taken care of. IDK, I just believe that she is in way over her head and instead of admitting that she needs help, she allows the patients to suffer. The lady rarely remembers to call prescriptions in, and when she finally does....after days of the patient reminding her, the script will either be the wrong dose or the wrong amount. It's hard because not only is she the nurse for every patient, but she is also the councilor.....which makes for a very frustrating enviornment. She is supposed to be there to help the patiens through sessions, yet she seems to have a hard time desifering one patient from another. She never seems to retain any of the information she is give from the patients, besides going over the persons chart while talking w/them. And the rare times that she does remember things told to her, by the time it makes it to the Doctor, the information seems to be completely misconstrued and mixed up. IDK what her agenda is, but I know that I am not the only patient that feels that because of her, Dr Altmans office has been turned into a chaotic enviroment. She seems to be giving him and his clinic a bad name!!!

December 17th, 2009

WOW

A doctor who actually talks to you and doesn't just treat you like a paycheck, I didn't think they actually still existed. But They do, in Dr. Altman. A caring person who just wants to get people better!!!

November 6th, 2009

Innapropriate Doctor

I Highly recomend that you do not see this doctor. His manner is Rude and will not take your condition seriously. After sitting for over an hour before being forcefully treated ater, I told him "no more I cant take it" Two nurses physically held me down while he completed the treatment ignoring the enitre time what I was supposed to be there for in the first place. He made indecent references towards my sexual personal life regarding my husband, who was not presesent at the time. This Doctor did not act in a professional manner abd showed absolutly no compassion. I walked out of his office in more pain than when I walked in. I was later treated at the emergency room that same day without his knowledge. This is just the first complaint. This is going to The Board of Health. I feel like I was victimized by this Doctor and I am afraid to return to his office again by myself.

May 21st, 2017