Dr. David Cohen MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology New York, NY

April 24th, 2017
Staff Lack of Responsiveness / Follow Up
This doctor is very friendly and personable and makes you feel comfortable in the office. The three biggest problems are: (1) office staff, particularly Pamela, does not follow up or address or answer follow up questions. There is a complete failure of responsiveness. When the office staff (Pamela) finally did get back to me, they accidentally sent me another patient's data which made me feel concerned for the security of my own medical information. (2) They do not accept any insurance so you have to pay several thousand out of pocket and it is not worth it given the lack of office staff responsiveness. (3) The wait time is often an hour or more after your scheduled appointment time.

February 17th, 2017
Horrible on follow up appointments
Has no consideration for follow up appointments. I traveled out of state and waited 3 hours for my appointment and was still not acknowledged. Very costly out of pocket charges for each appointment as well and didn't get any other information that I was getting from local dermatologist.

June 10th, 2016
I was so disappointed. After driving 22 hours one way, to see Dr. Cohen. I had already been dx with multiple skin allergies and needed more extensive patch testing, and I wanted a confirmed dx of chronic Irritant contact dermatitis. I also have multiple chemical sensitivity and had to sleep in my car, all 4 nights. I developed irritation and allergies after a yag laser, on face, neck, chest and tops of arms, that damaged my face, and cause ICD and ACD, and I needed help. I didn't get a dx or more patch testing, and no derm, in the southern US, does patch test extensively. He knew this was the reason I came to see him. He did do a biopsy and it took 5 weeks to get the results. He did do a skin biopsy.

March 31st, 2016
The worst part is the wait time. Not only do they call you about 20mins before your appointment to tell you they are running about an hour behind, when you get there, you have to wait another hour!!! This is ridiculous and has happened EVERY appointment (of which I had about 6). Will not be seeing him again especially since he doesn't accept my insurance.

January 27th, 2016
Great Doctor
Dr. David Cohen is the most caring and likable and smart doctor anyone could have. He is worth the sometimes longer wait.

January 7th, 2016
Very friendly.

September 4th, 2015
This office is horrible! Ive been to the office twice and waiting an hr and a half each time. They are extremely rude and do not care about their patients or time management. Don't go to this office!

July 20th, 2014
I have multiple chronic diseases and conditions, which can be a turnoff to many doctors. These individuals don't want to deal with a patient taking medications that may be contraindicated with their "usual" way of treating what I'm being seen for. Dr. Cohen looks at me as a whole person. Yes, I have other issues, but that's just part of me, and something he's going to work around, even if he has to say " I don't know, " and look something up while I'm sitting there. Extremely reassuring. I have contact dermatitis, and SEVERE Allergies to some products commonly found in topical medications. That's no problem for him- he always checks the ingredients in what he prescribes- again, looking it up with me sitting in his office. When something can't be found in that class, I see the wheels spinning in his brain so to speak, as he's already thinking how to use that active ingredient from a product that he wanted to use, and how to compound it. Every mile I travel to see him is worth it. He is a gem.

June 13th, 2014
one of the best doctors I've ever gone to--warm, compassionate, and caring and a great diagnostician

August 12th, 2012
Wonderful doctor
Dr.Cohen is a wonderful doctor and human being. I have been seeing him for over three years and although he is consistently behind schedule because of his compassion towards his patients and reluctance to turn down any last minute patient who calls for help, the office staff helps me out to minimize my waiting time. I call the office for scheduling updates before I hop on the train to come in from NJ. In addition to Dr. Cohen's gifts as a diagnostician for difficult cases, he is superb at allaying fears and giving hope.

May 24th, 2012
love him
ive had only a couple of visits with him, and so far he had changed my life!!! it took me hours choosing for the right doctor online... and traveled to nyc just to see him... so far i am really happy with the results... finally i got an answer to my problem... ive been to a lot of doctors before him, and i didnt have any long term results, because i was misdiagnosed... so glad i found him!! and the staff is amazing as well... had to wait a little... but only because they managed to sqeeze me into his busy scheedule in such short notice...

May 18th, 2012
Dr.Cohen is one of the most compassionate doctors I have ever encountered. He is treating me for psoriasis that I have been battling for quite some time. He has prescribed medication for me that is actually working, after struggling with many that have not. Although you do wait an exceptionally long time in the office, it is completely worth the wait. He is the first dermatologist to actually give me hope and make me feel as though I can beat this horrible disease.