Dr. David Cohen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. David Cohen?

Staff Lack of Responsiveness / Follow Up

Posted on April 24th, 2017

This doctor is very friendly and personable and makes you feel comfortable in the office. The three biggest problems are: (1) office staff, particularly Pamela, does not follow up or address or answer follow up questions. There is a complete failure of responsiveness. When the office staff (Pamela) finally did get back to me, they accidentally sent me another patient's data which made me feel concerned for the security of my own medical information. (2) They do not accept any insurance so you have to pay several thousand out of pocket and it is not worth it given the lack of office staff responsiveness. (3) The wait time is often an hour or more after your scheduled appointment time.

Horrible on follow up appointments

Posted on February 17th, 2017

Has no consideration for follow up appointments. I traveled out of state and waited 3 hours for my appointment and was still not acknowledged. Very costly out of pocket charges for each appointment as well and didn't get any other information that I was getting from local dermatologist.

Posted on June 11th, 2016

I was so disappointed. After driving 22 hours one way, to see Dr. Cohen. I had already been dx with multiple skin allergies and needed more extensive patch testing, and I wanted a confirmed dx of chronic Irritant contact dermatitis. I also have multiple chemical sensitivity and had to sleep in my car, all 4 nights. I developed irritation and allergies after a yag laser, on face, neck, chest and tops of arms, that damaged my face, and cause ICD and ACD, and I needed help. I didn't get a dx or more patch testing, and no derm, in the southern US, does patch test extensively. He knew this was the reason I came to see him. He did do a biopsy and it took 5 weeks to get the results. He did do a skin biopsy.

Posted on March 31st, 2016

The worst part is the wait time. Not only do they call you about 20mins before your appointment to tell you they are running about an hour behind, when you get there, you have to wait another hour!!! This is ridiculous and has happened EVERY appointment (of which I had about 6). Will not be seeing him again especially since he doesn't accept my insurance.

Great Doctor

Posted on January 27th, 2016

Dr. David Cohen is the most caring and likable and smart doctor anyone could have. He is worth the sometimes longer wait.

very nice doctor!

Posted on January 22nd, 2016

Posted on January 7th, 2016

Very friendly.

Posted on September 4th, 2015

This office is horrible! Ive been to the office twice and waiting an hr and a half each time. They are extremely rude and do not care about their patients or time management. Don't go to this office !

Posted on July 20th, 2014

I have multiple chronic diseases and conditions, which can be a turnoff to many doctors. These individuals don't want to deal with a patient taking medications that may be contraindicated with their "usual" way of treating what I'm being seen for. Dr. Cohen looks at me as a whole person. Yes, I have other issues, but that's just part of me, and something he's going to work around, even if he has to say " I don't know, " and look something up while I'm sitting there. Extremely reassuring. I have contact dermatitis, and SEVERE Allergies to some products commonly found in topical medications. That's no problem for him- he always checks the ingredients in what he prescribes- again, looking it up with me sitting in his office. When something can't be found in that class, I see the wheels spinning in his brain so to speak, as he's already thinking how to use that active ingredient from a product that he wanted to use, and how to compound it. Every mile I travel to see him is worth it. He is a gem.

Posted on June 14th, 2014

one of the best doctors I've ever gone to--warm, compassionate, and caring and a great diagnostician

Wonderful doctor

Posted on August 12th, 2012

Dr.Cohen is a wonderful doctor and human being. I have been seeing him for over three years and although he is consistently behind schedule because of his compassion towards his patients and reluctance to turn down any last minute patient who calls for help, the office staff helps me out to minimize my waiting time. I call the office for scheduling updates before I hop on the train to come in from NJ. In addition to Dr. Cohen's gifts as a diagnostician for difficult cases, he is superb at allaying fears and giving hope.

Genius