David E Cohen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8
  • 14 reviews

June 10th, 2016
I was so disappointed. After driving 22 hours one way, to see Dr. Cohen. I had already been dx with multiple skin allergies and needed more extensive patch testing, and I wanted a confirmed dx of chronic Irritant contact dermatitis. I also have multiple chemical sensitivity and had to sleep in my car, all 4 nights. I developed irritation and allergies after a yag laser, on face, neck, chest and tops of arms, that damaged my face, and cause ICD and ACD, and I needed help. I didn't get a dx or more patch testing, and no derm, in the southern US, does patch test extensively. He knew this was the reason I came to see him. He did do a biopsy and it took 5 weeks to get the results. He did do a skin biopsy.

March 31st, 2016
The worst part is the wait time. Not only do they call you about 20mins before your appointment to tell you they are running about an hour behind, when you get there, you have to wait another hour!!! This is ridiculous and has happened EVERY appointment (of which I had about 6). Will not be seeing him again especially since he doesn't accept my insurance.

January 27th, 2016
Great Doctor
Dr. David Cohen is the most caring and likable and smart doctor anyone could have. He is worth the sometimes longer wait.

January 7th, 2016
Very friendly.

September 4th, 2015
This office is horrible! Ive been to the office twice and waiting an hr and a half each time. They are extremely rude and do not care about their patients or time management. Don't go to this office!

July 20th, 2014
I have multiple chronic diseases and conditions, which can be a turnoff to many doctors. These individuals don't want to deal with a patient taking medications that may be contraindicated with their "usual" way of treating what I'm being seen for. Dr. Cohen looks at me as a whole person. Yes, I have other issues, but that's just part of me, and something he's going to work around, even if he has to say " I don't know, " and look something up while I'm sitting there. Extremely reassuring. I have contact dermatitis, and SEVERE Allergies to some products commonly found in topical medications. That's no problem for him- he always checks the ingredients in what he prescribes- again, looking it up with me sitting in his office. When something can't be found in that class, I see the wheels spinning in his brain so to speak, as he's already thinking how to use that active ingredient from a product that he wanted to use, and how to compound it. Every mile I travel to see him is worth it. He is a gem.

June 13th, 2014
one of the best doctors I've ever gone to--warm, compassionate, and caring and a great diagnostician

August 12th, 2012
Wonderful doctor
Dr.Cohen is a wonderful doctor and human being. I have been seeing him for over three years and although he is consistently behind schedule because of his compassion towards his patients and reluctance to turn down any last minute patient who calls for help, the office staff helps me out to minimize my waiting time. I call the office for scheduling updates before I hop on the train to come in from NJ. In addition to Dr. Cohen's gifts as a diagnostician for difficult cases, he is superb at allaying fears and giving hope.

May 24th, 2012
love him
ive had only a couple of visits with him, and so far he had changed my life!!! it took me hours choosing for the right doctor online... and traveled to nyc just to see him... so far i am really happy with the results... finally i got an answer to my problem... ive been to a lot of doctors before him, and i didnt have any long term results, because i was misdiagnosed... so glad i found him!! and the staff is amazing as well... had to wait a little... but only because they managed to sqeeze me into his busy scheedule in such short notice...

May 18th, 2012
Dr.Cohen is one of the most compassionate doctors I have ever encountered. He is treating me for psoriasis that I have been battling for quite some time. He has prescribed medication for me that is actually working, after struggling with many that have not. Although you do wait an exceptionally long time in the office, it is completely worth the wait. He is the first dermatologist to actually give me hope and make me feel as though I can beat this horrible disease.

May 9th, 2012
Dr. Cohen was the only doctor to accurately diagnose my problem after 3 years of battling eczema and hair loss. I did not wait long in his waiting room; however, the staff tells you at the time you make an appointment to call before you come, and they will give you a more accurate time. So you just need to be prepared to be flexible on the date of your appointment.

October 6th, 2011
One of the nicest and most intelligent MD's I have ever encountered!