Dr. David Cox MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

December 11th, 2015
My father is Dr. Cox's patient. My experience with him was less than favorable. I was the immediate family member at the hospital before, during, and after my father's procedure. This survey asked about "bedside manner", well that implies that the doctor was actually in the room to communicate. I received the results of my dad's procedure over the phone at the nurse's station. I would have appreciated the consideration of getting the results in a manner where I did not feel rushed to get off the phone because I had questions. I do not have a medical degree, I was not asking for a complete lecture of the heart's mechanisms; I don't think having a comfortable understanding of the results from a procedure Dr. Cox ordered is unreasonable. The procedure was not planned, so I get that completing it may have added to Dr. Cox's already busy day, but at least have some way to leave your patients and their family members with no questions as to what he found. We trust his medical knowledge and recommendations (we get it, he's smart) but don't expect much in the bedside, wait, phone call manner.

April 16th, 2015
Over a year with Dr David Cox
I have seen Dr Cox almost two years and his personality is very dry. He does not seem to believe what I tell him and it seems he believes I should fit in a mold he has in mind. His staff is very unfriendly. Of course, many doctors do not seem to take the patients seriously and have the assembly line personality.