Dr. David Fish Is this you?

2.4

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. David Fish?

Rip off Doctor

Posted on June 27th, 2016

This guy is a crook and scam artist

Posted on June 13th, 2016

Great care and excellent pain relief.

Posted on May 7th, 2016

opinionated towards patient appearance by the evaluation of his learning assistant. His entrance was like a street person uneducated and threaten the patient made the patient uncomfortable. Never again see this doctor.

Don't waste your time and money with Dr Fish Radio Frequency Nerve Burn

Posted on May 7th, 2016

Don't waste your time and money to see Dr Fish. I should have paid more attention to the bad reviews. Poor bed side manners, only interested in injection and RFNB, both are very painful. Sticking a needle directly into each nerve is painful enough, then the burning and pain increases when inject Novocain into each nerve. RFNB, burning nerves did not provide any relief, only aggravation. After I told Dr Fish I was not happy with the results, he could not get me out of his office fast enough. His referral was on a piece of paper without his letterhead, no diagnoses face to face. Poor, poor experience.

Rude and arrogant Doctor

Posted on October 18th, 2015

Didn't even look at my MRI. Had his hand on the exam room door before I could even ask one question. Recommended an SI injection. When I asked why he said that's his job and left. Rudest and most arrogant doc I have ever seen.

Cold Fish

Posted on September 24th, 2015

Dr. Fish should go by Dr. Cold Fish. When I called UCLA Orthopedic Center and explained my hip pain, they referred me to the spine center and I was given an appointment with Dr. Fish. My first appointment took less than 2 minutes and, even then, he was hurried and uninterested. He asked me zero questions and, after I offered up what I thought was going on, just prescribed 3 MRI's. After having the MRI's, I went back to him today and the appointment was less than 2 minutes and a huge disappointment. He didn't bother to show me my results and just said, "Your lumbar is fine. You have a tear in your right labrum (hip joint). I don't do hips. Just spine. Sorry." He could not have cared less. Finally, I got a referral to a hip specialist out of UCLA and I only hope she has a better bedside manner that Dr. Cold Fish. If you want to see a doctor that puts the Care into Health Care, Dr. Fish is NOT the one you want to see. He should just stick to research in an ivory tower and have no human interaction.

Stay away

Posted on June 25th, 2015

Emotionally unstable and indifferent to patients. Try a different clinic. I'm dead serious.

Utterly incompetent and rude physician

Posted on June 1st, 2015

Nothing. The staff is abrupt and the waiting room is depressing. Lots of disgruntled patients! I'd give Fish a zero if I could. He spent less than one minute with me, said he'd read my chart but had know idea why I was there. He ordered a steroid injection. When I asked why he said it would help my Sacro iliac pain. I stood up and said I'd been referred to him for HIP pain. This literally had know idea why I was there stay away, this is a chop shop.

Terrible

Posted on February 13th, 2015

The worst...he talked to me for 2 minutes at the most, wasn't the least bit interested in my medical issues. A caring, concerned doctor he is not. What a waste of time!!

Expensive and inneffectual

Posted on April 19th, 2014

Dr. Fish charged me over $500 just for a referral to a physical therapist. I went to him with lower back pain. He talked to me briefly, he barely looked at me and ran no tests. Without assessment or diagnosis, he sent me to a physical therapist. Then he charged me over $500 for the 15-minute visit. And that's after insurance discounted some of it. His full billing rate was over $3500/hr. It might have been worth it if the physical therapy had solved the problem, but it didn't. When I called back to ask about possibly getting an MRI, I was told that I'd have to come in for another appointment (and presumably another $500). By the way, although the outgoing voicemail message promises to return your call by the same business day if you call before 3, they frequently don't. When I did talk to the assistant, and she promised to get back to me within a couple days, I didn't hear from her until six days later when I called her. Unresponsive. Ineffectual. Excessively expensive.

UCLA RIP OFF

Posted on November 23rd, 2012

Worst experience I have ever had with a physician. This doctor and the UCLA Spine program is a huge rip off, their goal is to perform as many tests and procedures as possible. Dr Fish looked at my MRI and performed a 1 minute exam. He said I needed a piriformis block (I should have NEVER agreed to this procedure). Two weeks later at UCLA's St. John outpatient center I waited for three hours for the block. The OR was chaotic and out of control, nurses complaining nonstop about their hours, the resident stated that happily this was his last day. In the procedure room ( it is now 7 PM) Dr Fish jabs me in the upper back and leaves. Two weeks later I call him and complain about the chaotic environment and that my back is worse! What does he recommend? Another injection! DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR! I have written a letter to the hospital administration and the chief of orthopedics. No response, no surprise.

Posted on October 22nd, 2012

I thought his bedside manner was fine. He was reassuring during the procedure. He was training an intern, but I didn't feel like that hindered the care. He is efficient and didn't spend a lot of extra time with me, but I don't think it's because he doesn't care (as some of these reviews suggest). He addressed all of my concerns.