Physiatrist (physical, rehabilitation), Pain Management Specialist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Expensive and inneffectual  |  show details
by Randy Brown on Apr 19th, 2014

Dr. Fish charged me over $500 just for a referral to a physical therapist. I went to him with lower back pain. He talked to me briefly, he barely looked at me and ran no tests. Without assessment or diagnosis, he sent me to a physical therapist. Then he charged me over $500 for the 15-minute visit. And that's after insurance discounted some of it. His full billing rate was over $3500/hr. It might have been worth it if the physical therapy had solved the problem, but it didn't. When I called back to ask about possibly getting an MRI, I was told that I'd have to come in for another appointment (and presumably another $500). By the way, although the outgoing voicemail message promises to return your call by the same business day if you call before 3, they frequently don't. When I did talk to the assistant, and she promised to get back to me within a couple days, I didn't hear from her until six days later when I called her. Unresponsive. Ineffectual. Excessively expensive.

|  UCLA RIP OFF  |  show details
Nov 23rd, 2012

Worst experience I have ever had with a physician. This doctor and the UCLA Spine program is a huge rip off, their goal is to perform as many tests and procedures as possible. Dr Fish looked at my MRI and performed a 1 minute exam. He said I needed a piriformis block (I should have NEVER agreed to this procedure). Two weeks later at UCLA's St. John outpatient center I waited for three hours for the block. The OR was chaotic and out of control, nurses complaining nonstop about their hours, the resident stated that happily this was his last day. In the procedure room ( it is now 7 PM) Dr Fish jabs me in the upper back and leaves. Two weeks later I call him and complain about the chaotic environment and that my back is worse! What does he recommend? Another injection! DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR! I have written a letter to the hospital administration and the chief of orthopedics. No response, no surprise.

Oct 22nd, 2012

I thought his bedside manner was fine. He was reassuring during the procedure. He was training an intern, but I didn't feel like that hindered the care. He is efficient and didn't spend a lot of extra time with me, but I don't think it's because he doesn't care (as some of these reviews suggest). He addressed all of my concerns.

Mar 17th, 2012

Dr Fish was quick and efficient. He gave me a thorough explanation of my problem and possible treatments with expected outcomes. I was pleased with my visit.

|  no time for me  |  show details
Dec 22nd, 2011

This guy was obviously in a hurry and didn't want to listen to me. I was very disappointed to say the least. I've been in pain for a long time and it's ruined my life and he's no help.

Nov 3rd, 2011

Dr Fish is the perfect example of why doctors in the US have a bad name. His assistant was the one that gave me the exam, he showed up for 1 minute tops and wasn't even friendly. I don't think he even knew what my history was or really anything about me and yet he felt that he could diagnose me in 2 seconds with a complete cocky attitude. Plus, I was the last patient of the day and he still needed to rush out, which is just plan rude. Thanks for caring Dr. Fish. I definitely do not recommend him to anyone, go to someone who will show some compassion.

|  Worth my wait...  |  show details
Jun 6th, 2011

Yes, it takes a long time to get an appointment but... I've traveled the world for help and Dr Fish figured out a way to make my pain manageable. He is the best doctor I've ever found...

|  Excellent physician  |  show details
Jan 8th, 2011

i had an appointment and an MRI the same day as Dr. Fish's staff was able to get all the information that I needed very quickly. A professional staff and a courteous physician. I liked the interaction with the resident. I would definitely go to this doctor again.

|  Patient Paralyzed  |  show details
Jan 3rd, 2011

I would stay away from this doctor. Patient went in for an epidural injection, got paralyzed.

|  He couldn't care less  |  show details
Aug 31st, 2010

He declined to look at the MRI he had ordered with me, and begrudged answers to questions. And...he was training an intern...not a good role model.

|  Publications do not a good clinician make  |  show details
Oct 14th, 2009

On a follow-up visit, Dr. Fish wasn't interested in looking at the MRI films he had ordered and wasn't interested in answering my questions. He even tried to tell me that he thought the computer in the examining room would not work to display the film disc, which (after I insisted he try) it did. Lousy treatment. I'll never go back.