A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Emmel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Emmel is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Emmel, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
Education & Awards
Dr. Emmel graduated from Cornell University, New York.
Dr. Emmel has 8 hospital affiliations:
- St Francis Hospital & Medical Center
- University of Connecticut Health Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Emmel accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 1 plan
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 8 plans
- Anthem - 18 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Cigna - 13 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. David K. Emmel practice?
Dr. David Emmel practices Ophthalmology near Wethersfield, CT.
See Wethersfield Ophthalmologists.