Dr. David Ewalt Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. David Ewalt?

April 10th, 2017

Recommended unnecessary surgery

My child went to Dr.E following a kidney infection. He was put through an invasive test requiring sedation. Following the test, which did not indicate reflux- a surgery was recommended. Son was placed on prophylactic antibiotics until surgery. Went back to office for follow up after test and the PA recommended an additional surgery (to open up the hole in the urethra). I decided to take my child for a second opinion. The second doctor seemed much more informed. Cited research, stated he would not have done the invasive test and clearly stated he 100% disagreed with the recommendations for either surgery. 2nd doctor said- "Nice to meet you, I highly doubt I will ever need to see your son again." It's been over 2 years and my child has had no issues. I do think Dr.E had a nice bedside manner and I believe he felt my son would benefit from the first surgery recommended (can't speak for the one recommended by the PA). I just encourage parents to get a few opinions.

April 12th, 2016

I have fallen in love with his practice, the staff are so polite and courteous , his PA Sallie is very good with the kids, the doctor himself called me from his cellphone to f/ u with me, I'm so impressed with his service and I would recommend to anyone looking for pediatric urologist.

April 18th, 2013

Dr. Ewalt has been our daughter's urologist for ten years. We have been very happy with him and his PA, Sallie. We recommend him often and are very thankful for his skills and his love for his patients.

April 14th, 2012

I normally don't post comments. However, I have read some of the comments and can't believe they are accurate or true. My son has seen Dr.Ewalt for several years and his office staff has been excellent and he has been caring and responsive at all times. He takes time to explain the problems and treatments. I can't trust some of the reviews.

February 21st, 2012

GET A SECOND OPINION!

I took my son in to Dr. Ewalt after being referred by the pediatrician. The staff is very friendly, as is the doctor. However, his nurse practitioner did a short exam and he came in for about 5 minutes after and basically explained what my son's problem was and that he needed surgery to repair it. We were then ushered into another office to schedule surgery. This is not my first experience with pediatric specialists. I have another son that had to undergo surgery to repair an eye condition and we saw the doctor several times before he recommended surgery. I felt uneasy about the surgery, so I went to another pediatric urologist who spent quite a bit of time examining my son, and said he would never do surgery for the problem my son has! I'm sure Dr. Ewalt is a wonderful doctor, but I feel as if he simply wants to do surgery when it's not necessary. If he does recommend surgery for your child, please get a second opinion!

February 18th, 2012

Dr Ewalt reccommended surgery for my son that was not needed. He seems to be more interested in making money than providing quality care. Make sure to get a second opinion before trusting his judgement for your child.

April 26th, 2011

Good experiences

I have a child with reflux. I have seen Dr. Ewalt and been to both offices and met with much of his staff. I have always felt that they cared about me and my daughter. The staff has always been friendly and very helpful, going out of their way with ideas and suggestions that have benefited my daughter. My daughter had to have surgery to correct the reflux. Dr. Ewalt came and found me before the surgery, directly after and the following day to check up on us. He gave us several contact numbers to reach someone for aftercare if we had any problems. After the surgery it was horrible. My daughter was in tremendous pain. (which i've read is very common) I called several times with questions and concerns and was always called back immediately. I have been impressed with their quick response time and always felt they cared about my daughter.

April 2nd, 2011

Dr. Ewalt has treated my son for 2 different conditions. He is very knowledgable and thorough. At each appointment, I felt like he would answer as many questions as I had. He also has a great way of putting you at ease and doesn't jump to quickly to conclusions that may not be correct.

November 2nd, 2009

I would not recommend him to anyone

heartless ..mean un professional ..making a mom feel so stupid and not standing up to his work !!!!I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE!!!I WISH I HAD NOT GONE TO THIS DOC. HE HAS PUT MY CHILD HELATH IN JEAOPARDY!!!!!

November 2nd, 2009

un professional , non- caring totally unsensitive!!!!!!

My experienceith dr. Ewalt was very frustrated. he is very non responsive evne when you have left very concerned message ..no follow up from hi or his office!!! Totaly rude and harsh way of handling and dealing with parents... Did wrong daignose , playing no balme game ...he is a professional ..I wish I had never taken my child to him:(

June 27th, 2009

office staff incefficant

i was told my son needed surgry but had to have an mri first that the office would call me that same day if not the next four days later no calls i called the office with no returns called the following day i had to call 7 times before talking to the person in charge of scheuding who said she would call me back and never did the nthe following day she was very difficat about everything didnt care what the insurance covered of not very aguemented made the whole sutiton alot more stressful then it needed to be the doctor has good bed side manner and expains things well its just a shame that his staff is unprefosnal

July 24th, 2017