A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Smith:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Smith, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
Education & Awards
Dr. Smith graduated from University of Vermont, Burlington.
Dr. Smith has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Unity Hospital
- Lakeside Memorial Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Smith accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 2 plans
- HealthNow New York - 7 plans
- United Healthcare - 20 plans
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield - 21 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 20 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans