Dr. David Fehnel MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 22nd, 2015
Shoulder Surgery-Torn Labrum
This review is long overdue. I was living with intense pain for several years, had gone to see an "expert" in the field of shoulders who was affiliated with a prominent Boston hospital. After and MRI, she told me there was no tear and gave me a cortisone shot. I couldn't move my arm for three days. I went to a second doctor at another Boston hospital months later and he told me that there was nothing he could do, but I should keep making appointments to see him!? I thought I would have to live with the pain and not be able to move my arm beyond my waist forever when a friend insisted I go see Dr. Fehnel. I brought my MRI that I had done and he saw the tear. He told me that he thought it was more than what the MRI showed and he was right. I decided to have the surgery and it turned out my shoulder was a mess. After the recovery and physical therapy, I I got my life back. I now exercise fully, and have even started doing yoga! I don't know what I would have done if I had not gone to Dr. Fehnel. He is no nonsense and gets the job done. I am now sending my husband to him because he has a shoulder injury.

April 24th, 2012
Trust this doctor totally.
Your seen by a PA first which I don't like but Dr. Fennel himself is totally competent and professional. He fixed my shoulder and listened to my concerns around pain management. Very caring!

April 9th, 2012
After seeing two "experts" in the field of shoulder issues who told me that I had to live with intense pain every day and take medication or have shots, I was told about Dr. Fehnel. He was amazing. I had surgery two months ago and I am no longer in pain and almost done with my physical therapy. I could not be happier and would recommend him to anyone. His staff is excellent and their surgical center is a well oiled machine.

April 6th, 2012
Two operations - great results
Dr. Fehnel has preformed two operations on me. The first was a frozen left shoulder - excellent results. The second was a serious meniscus of my right knee - again - excellent results.I am now seeing him for a meniscus problem of my left knee. I am sixty-five years old. I do athletic style of yoga, commonly refereed to as power yoga. I have full range of motion in my shoulder and the strength in both my shoulder and knee returned completely.

March 29th, 2012
Excellent physician and surgeon
I experienced a very traumatic knee injury due to sports over a weekend and Dr. Fehnel saw me immediately on Monday when the office opened. This was my first serious injury ever and first surgery. Dr. Fehnel has been absolutely FANTASTIC as well as everyone else at Sports Medicine (including his surgical scheduler Karen and the PA's). Beverly Hospital was absolutlely terrible, but thankfully, I had an amazing doctor so it didn't matter. I have not been left in the dark about any questions I've had (and I've asked plenty) and he has spent as much time with me as I have needed. I would highly recommend him as a surgeon as well as Sports Medicine North as a facility for any sports injury. They are great and full service! They have x-ray and MRI available in the building!

September 4th, 2011
Outstanding physician
I was referred to Dr. Fehnel for a shoulder problem and he found that I needed surgery. He is an outstanding surgeon with an excellent bed-side manner. At office visits he gave me his full attention along with time needed to discuss my shoulder. If you have to wait a few minutes it's worth it. He is a warm, caring physician that I highly recommend.

June 11th, 2011
Worst ortho I've ever had. 4 shoulder surgeries to correct failure of first. Had severe ortho infection he never acknowledged/ignored. Went to Boston for correct diagnose and proper treatment and further re-construction.Would never recommend him .

March 5th, 2011
Was rushed through diagnosid,surgery and follow-up.Mis=diagnosed infection.Causing major complications. I would not recommend Dr Fehnel for anything.

November 25th, 2010
Very pleased with Dr Fehnel
Overall experience with Dr Fehnel has been absolutely positive!!! I have had 4 shoulder surgeries in the past 4 years, and from the beginning, he explained everything to me...followed up with calls at Home after my operations....and when there have been questions, he has spent as much time as i've needed to satisfy my concerns. I continue to recommend Dr Fehnel to others with Shoulder problems, as i feel he is the BEST Orthopedist specializing in Shoulder Surgery. He is Brilliant!

November 4th, 2010
very good
I was very impressed, diagnosed, scheduled operation and operation completed in 1.5 months, He explained everything, sat with me, pA was very nice also.

March 4th, 2010
diagnosis; no cause, no cure for shoulder pain (frozen shoulder)
did not offer any solution or pain management. Just billed my insurance more than $3,000. Saw him for 30 seconds, his assistant actually evaluated me.

February 8th, 2010
Did me wrong
I had many surgeries with this doctor. At first I had faith in him but after 2 failed shoulder replacements and nothing that can be done to help me, he should not be in practive.