Internist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

1.5

|  Clueless  |  show details
Aug 3rd, 2014

I made an appointment with Dr. Fittingoff to discuss my lab results, specifically my testosterone panel. He had absolutely no idea what he was talking about. He dismissed the most important tests and told me that they were a waste of time and money. I laughed. I realized right then, that he obviously didn't enroll in any continued education with testosterone therapy. There was no such thing as testosterone therapy when he finished his internship. HE was a waste of my time and money.

|  Horrible doctor, he should retire  |  show details
Sep 11th, 2013

I went in asking if I should or should not be on medication being that I wanted to get pregnant. I didn't want to make a horrible mistake where my child would pay the price later, so there I was. When I asked Dr. Fittingoff what would be the best thing to do...he said, "your guess is as good as mine". Well, that was great!! How could he be practicing??!! It is his field...he should know!! But his attitude...the audacity...he didn't care!! Later, when I went to a great and caring doctor I find out that the meds he had me on could have caused brain damage! I'm so angry at this doctor. He doesn't deserve the title of a "doctor".

|  Worst doctor I have ever met, without a doubt  |  show details
by MelB on Jul 24th, 2013

If it were permitted, I would give Dr. Fittingoff a negative star rating. But as a one star is as low as is allowable, I must give him that rating. We had been away on vacation when my son, who is 21 and has special needs, became ill. As no appointments were available with Dr Nudell, his primary doctor that day, I was advised to take my son to the urgent care at West Hills. When we arrived, it was closed and wouldn't open for a couple hours. The nice young lady behind the counter there indicated that if I wished, she could get me an apptmnt with Dr. Fittingoff sooner than the urgent care would be opening. I agreed. How wrong I was in taking her suggestion cannot be overstated. Dr. Fittingoff is the worst doctor I have ever had the misfortune to encounter in 53 years. He neither listened to my son and his symptoms, nor physically examined him. He sat across the room with a distasteful facial expression, making snide and dismissive comments the entire time. At one point my son was trying to explain that he had undergone emergency surgery a few months prior and was concerned that part of his issue (back pain and productive lung congestion) might be related to that. Dr Fittingoff quite literally told him that he was being ridiculous and said he should "leave and go to a physical therapist then". How this horrible doctor could say that, or even believe that a child with copious amounts of thick green mucous in his lungs should be sent away with such a cruel comment is beyond me. We left without the antibiotics that our son clearly needed. The next day, we were able to secure an apptmnt with Dr. Nudell...who listened attentively, made no snide comments, wasn't cruel, did an ACTUAL physical exam of my son, sebsequently diagnosed him and prescribed antibiotics immediately. I would never return to Dr Fittingoff nor take my son anywhere near his office again. We happen to have a surgeon and two other doctors in our immediate family, though they are not in LA county. If they treated their patients the way Dr Fittingoff treated my son, they would have no practice at all...which is exactly what Dr Fittingoff should have.

|  I will be looking for someone else!  |  show details
Apr 10th, 2013

Dr Fittingoff didn't seem like he wanted to be there, and I got the feeling he didn't want me there either. He also did not appear to have any current knowledge in his so-called field of "expertise." I was referred to him independently by two other physicians for a specific hormone problem (which I had also "confirmed" via a Google search), and he, the specialist, said that he had never heard of it before! More than that, he really did not seem to care. So I will accommodate him, and I will not return! The staff was equally off-putting. I will be telling my referring Physician to delete this contact.

|  Wasted Time  |  show details
Sep 27th, 2011

Relied soley on blood tests. He was sick & seemed irritated. He had no interest at all in doing any work to figuring out what was causing the medical issues. I won't be back.