Internist
Video profile

1.5

Mar 5th, 2015

He seemed to be in a hurry, didn't care to listen to what my spouse had to say. When my blood sugar dropped during my visit, I asked if he had any juice or something to eat, he said "no". Really?! I proceeded to then pass out and experience my first and hopefully last Diabetic Seizure. It traumatized my wife as she thought that I was going to die. When I came to, he cancelled the 911 call for an ambulance (which was called after my wife screamed at the nurses) and then he couldn't get me out of his office fast enough. I was shocked that there was 't any kind of post seizure exam, no checking of my vitals. BTW, when my seizure started, he left the exam room and disappeared until just before I came to. I do not understand how a doctor that has numerous diabetics for patients, doesn't have appropriate safeguards in place for such events, no glucose pills in the offices, no glucose shots in the office, no juices of any kind. It was also astonishing that he blamed me for the event by stating that it was my fault because I had taken my Lantus and my Humolog in the morning without eating...right or wrong, this is what I was previously told to do by another doctor, but it does not excuse his negligence in responding to my immediate need in his exam room. My wife was traumatized by this event. She was abandoned in the exam room and nobody helped her while she tried to hold me on the exam table so I would not fall off or hurt myself. She was so scared that I was going to die at that moment. I wish she never had to have been a witness to such a unnecessary event. I strongly recommend going elsewhere.

Worst Doctor Ever show details Worst Doctor Ever
by NE on Jan 29th, 2015

This whole medical group is questionable; however, this doctor is the worst. He did a thyroid ultrasound on me and didn't even bother to take measurements of the nodules. So when I had the same test done by another doctor in the same office he had nothing to compare the new measurements against. This doctor is dismissive and doesn't listen. Like another reviewer wrote, Dr Fittinghoff really should retire. Maybe it's because our healthcare system is so screwed up, but this doctor obviously doesn't like his job. It's not the fault of the patient.

Clueless show details Clueless
Aug 3rd, 2014

I made an appointment with Dr. Fittingoff to discuss my lab results, specifically my testosterone panel. He had absolutely no idea what he was talking about. He dismissed the most important tests and told me that they were a waste of time and money. I laughed. I realized right then, that he obviously didn't enroll in any continued education with testosterone therapy. There was no such thing as testosterone therapy when he finished his internship. HE was a waste of my time and money.

Horrible doctor, he should retire show details Horrible doctor, he should retire
Sep 11th, 2013

I went in asking if I should or should not be on medication being that I wanted to get pregnant. I didn't want to make a horrible mistake where my child would pay the price later, so there I was. When I asked Dr. Fittingoff what would be the best thing to do...he said, "your guess is as good as mine". Well, that was great!! How could he be practicing??!! It is his field...he should know!! But his attitude...the audacity...he didn't care!! Later, when I went to a great and caring doctor I find out that the meds he had me on could have caused brain damage! I'm so angry at this doctor. He doesn't deserve the title of a "doctor".

Worst doctor I have ever met, without a doubt show details Worst doctor I have ever met, without a doubt
by MelB on Jul 24th, 2013

If it were permitted, I would give Dr. Fittingoff a negative star rating. But as a one star is as low as is allowable, I must give him that rating. We had been away on vacation when my son, who is 21 and has special needs, became ill. As no appointments were available with Dr Nudell, his primary doctor that day, I was advised to take my son to the urgent care at West Hills. When we arrived, it was closed and wouldn't open for a couple hours. The nice young lady behind the counter there indicated that if I wished, she could get me an apptmnt with Dr. Fittingoff sooner than the urgent care would be opening. I agreed. How wrong I was in taking her suggestion cannot be overstated. Dr. Fittingoff is the worst doctor I have ever had the misfortune to encounter in 53 years. He neither listened to my son and his symptoms, nor physically examined him. He sat across the room with a distasteful facial expression, making snide and dismissive comments the entire time. At one point my son was trying to explain that he had undergone emergency surgery a few months prior and was concerned that part of his issue (back pain and productive lung congestion) might be related to that. Dr Fittingoff quite literally told him that he was being ridiculous and said he should "leave and go to a physical therapist then". How this horrible doctor could say that, or even believe that a child with copious amounts of thick green mucous in his lungs should be sent away with such a cruel comment is beyond me. We left without the antibiotics that our son clearly needed. The next day, we were able to secure an apptmnt with Dr. Nudell...who listened attentively, made no snide comments, wasn't cruel, did an ACTUAL physical exam of my son, sebsequently diagnosed him and prescribed antibiotics immediately. I would never return to Dr Fittingoff nor take my son anywhere near his office again. We happen to have a surgeon and two other doctors in our immediate family, though they are not in LA county. If they treated their patients the way Dr Fittingoff treated my son, they would have no practice at all...which is exactly what Dr Fittingoff should have.

I will be looking for someone else! show details I will be looking for someone else!
Apr 10th, 2013

Dr Fittingoff didn't seem like he wanted to be there, and I got the feeling he didn't want me there either. He also did not appear to have any current knowledge in his so-called field of "expertise." I was referred to him independently by two other physicians for a specific hormone problem (which I had also "confirmed" via a Google search), and he, the specialist, said that he had never heard of it before! More than that, he really did not seem to care. So I will accommodate him, and I will not return! The staff was equally off-putting. I will be telling my referring Physician to delete this contact.

Wasted Time show details Wasted Time
Sep 27th, 2011

Relied soley on blood tests. He was sick & seemed irritated. He had no interest at all in doing any work to figuring out what was causing the medical issues. I won't be back.