Overall Review

November 10th, 2016
Bad experience
was my dr for about a year treating severe vertigo and Meniere's. did several surgeries unfortunately that did not help though that was no fault to him, the surgeries he performed went well. Not a great bedside manner. However, once he left the Capital District special surgeries practice he was too all over the place and things went downhill. Whenever we saw him he couldn't remember what surgeries he did or what medications hes put me on in the past. He never seemed to have my paper file with him and clearly didnt look at any of my records before my visit. Sent me for the wrong tests and had incorrect information down when ordering tests like he was just too busy to keep everything straight and with never an apology for messing it up. Eventually had to switch to a different dr.

April 4th, 2016
Amazing surgeon
Dr. Foyt may not come off all warm and fuzzy but he truly cares about you and wants the best for you. He is kind and very matter of fact. He performed 2 surgeries on me and actually saved me from having permanent damage. I would recommend him to anyone. He is one of the only Doctor's in upstate NY that can perform skull base surgeries

March 18th, 2016
Not detail oriented and not very friendy
I went to Dr. David after looking at the reviews on multiple websites. Which seems to be same in every website (RateMD, Vitals and other websites had exactly same review). Not sure how that can be possible, I think reviews on his profile are misleading and probably written by the hospital staff. I tried to give review on RateMD and they denied to take the review, strange !. Do not trust the reviews on RateMD, I think they get paid to provide good reviews for doctors. Now my experience I was having pain in my ear for a while, I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Foyt, office staff was helpful, but you may have to wait up to 10 mins to get someone on the phone. I reached office 10 mins before the appointment, checked in, signed 8 different forms :( while suffering from ear pain. A nurse took me to take my vitals, she was helpful but not the most friendly staff. Finally I was sent in to the main room to wait for the Doctor. 10 mins later he arrived in the room. He didn't ask any question and just start looking at me, so I started explaining my problem. He looked in my ears for few seconds and told me couple of thing I already knew. What was strange to me that he didn't ask any medical history, any previous problems in the ear. Nothing at all. He said the ear lining is dry and he will prescribed me a ear drop and left the room. I was like, what just happened After him I left the room as well. Made the payment and left the office. I went to pharmacy to get my drops but they didn't receive any prescription, I thought it may take couple of hours for him or his staff to write the prescription in the system. I had to leave the town next town, still suffering with ear I left the town. I came back on Friday evening and to my dismay pharmacy still didn't receive the prescription and now doctors office was closed for the weekend. This is the worst doctor visit I had in my whole life. First you did terrible diagnosis procedure and on top of that you didn't sent the drug that you prescribed. The most efficient thing in the process was payment system and making sure patient is in and out of the office as quickly as possible. This is as bad as it can get. Stay away from this doctor

December 4th, 2015
Excellent
Excellent physician. Kind, courteous.

November 11th, 2015
Saved my life
Dr. Foyt performed a surgery on me to remove a cholesteatoma (middle ear tumor) and repair damage caused by said cholesteatoma when I was twelve years old. I had spent several years suffering from chronic ear infections that my pediatrician did nothing about besides recommend home remedies. Dr. Foyt went above and beyond to ensure that I could be made well again after years of neglect from my pediatrician. I went to regular follow-up appointments with him for about ten years and he respected the fact that I didn't want a hearing aid although he recommended it (I tried on a "test" hearing aid and I really didn't like how it sounded -- he understood). He always listened to me and appreciated my concerns for the ten years that I saw him. I really wish I could have taken him with me when I moved to the midwest, but alas. Seeing Dr. Foyt was always pleasant (slightly long wait times but there are fish tanks and the office is clean so it's mostly okay) and I definitely recommend him to anyone having ear issues. He is a popular Doctor but is so worth it.

June 9th, 2015
Excellent doctor
Excellent ear subspecialist

February 16th, 2015
Happy patient
Dr. Foyt took care of a problem that nobody wanted to handle. My positional vertigo did not respond to the usual treatments. He performed an inner ear (balance canal) plugging operation that worked beautifully! He takes care of the most challenging problems that other docs do not want to or cannot treat.

June 5th, 2014
 Went for severe vertigo, balance issues, and tinnitus. I spent 20 minutes filling out paperwork in the office. I spent about 3 minutes with Dr Foyt. He was in a rush, and was speaking so fast that at one point he was completely unintelligible. He asked what I did for a living, then insulted my profession. He asked very few questions about my symptoms and told me with certainty that I did not have a vestibular disorder. Thus, he recommended that I stop vestibular rehabilitation therapy. He stated vertigo could be caused by "multiple sclerosis or nothing at all." He recommended that I have an MRI which I did and it came back clean. At my follow up appointment he seemed to have forgotten his original ruling of non-vestibular vertigo and insisted that I go back to physical therapy. When I ask what I should do if I had another severe episode he said he would give me valium. Very bizarre man. Not professional. Zero bedside manner. Did not bother to correctly diagnose, treat or educate me.

February 24th, 2014
Great subspecialist
I was refered to Dr. Foyt by an ENT doctor. They explained he was a specialist's subspecialist (go figure). I had a little trouble getting in and waited about 15 min. Lots of paperwork but the fish and coffee cart was nice. He diagnosed and explained my problem. He offered some no surgical options first that is greatly appreciated.

August 31st, 2013
Dr.Foyt operated on me in 2007 for a tumor which was benign. The tumor originated in my mastoid bone and my ear and penetrated my skull. If it had not been for him I would not be alive today. He was patient with me and was willing to go the extra mile. He saved my life and I will be eternally grateful to him. I miss him and his kind staff,they were all so nice to me. !!! THANK YOU DR. FOYT and DR. AWWAD !!!! I am doing great!!

August 9th, 2012
Disappointed
I waited a long time in his office and being hearing impaired made it difficult to know if my name was called. I would not have minded waiting if he spent a few more minutes with me. I felt rushed and like he could not be bothered helping me or explaining my test results. The audiologist equipment seems outdated with not even using a standard recording. I did fill all that paper work out and doubt he even glanced at it.I doubt I will ever go back to him. also for a doctor dealing with hearing loss I would suggest his videos have closed captions on his office web site.

May 23rd, 2012
Have had 2 separate visits to Dr Foyte's office....both times spent approx. 45 minutes with assistants/waiting and no more than 3 minutes with Dr Foyte.I spent 20 minutes completing ~12 pages of background info, but have a feeling none of it was reviewed by Dr Foyte....and none was discussed with me. During most recent visit, I mentioned that the visit felt "rushed"....personally I will not be seeing Dr Foyte anymore.