Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat)
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Amazing surgeon show details Amazing surgeon
by Audra Miller on Apr 4th, 2016

Dr. Foyt may not come off all warm and fuzzy but he truly cares about you and wants the best for you. He is kind and very matter of fact. He performed 2 surgeries on me and actually saved me from having permanent damage. I would recommend him to anyone. He is one of the only Doctor's in upstate NY that can perform skull base surgeries

Not detail oriented and not very friendy show details Not detail oriented and not very friendy
Mar 18th, 2016

I went to Dr. David after looking at the reviews on multiple websites. Which seems to be same in every website (RateMD, Vitals and other websites had exactly same review). Not sure how that can be possible, I think reviews on his profile are misleading and probably written by the hospital staff. I tried to give review on RateMD and they denied to take the review, strange !. Do not trust the reviews on RateMD, I think they get paid to provide good reviews for doctors. Now my experience I was having pain in my ear for a while, I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Foyt, office staff was helpful, but you may have to wait up to 10 mins to get someone on the phone. I reached office 10 mins before the appointment, checked in, signed 8 different forms :( while suffering from ear pain. A nurse took me to take my vitals, she was helpful but not the most friendly staff. Finally I was sent in to the main room to wait for the Doctor. 10 mins later he arrived in the room. He didn't ask any question and just start looking at me, so I started explaining my problem. He looked in my ears for few seconds and told me couple of thing I already knew. What was strange to me that he didn't ask any medical history, any previous problems in the ear. Nothing at all. He said the ear lining is dry and he will prescribed me a ear drop and left the room. I was like, what just happened After him I left the room as well. Made the payment and left the office. I went to pharmacy to get my drops but they didn't receive any prescription, I thought it may take couple of hours for him or his staff to write the prescription in the system. I had to leave the town next town, still suffering with ear I left the town. I came back on Friday evening and to my dismay pharmacy still didn't receive the prescription and now doctors office was closed for the weekend. This is the worst doctor visit I had in my whole life. First you did terrible diagnosis procedure and on top of that you didn't sent the drug that you prescribed. The most efficient thing in the process was payment system and making sure patient is in and out of the office as quickly as possible. This is as bad as it can get. Stay away from this doctor

Excellent show details Excellent
Dec 4th, 2015

Excellent physician. Kind, courteous.

Saved my life show details Saved my life
Nov 11th, 2015

Dr. Foyt performed a surgery on me to remove a cholesteatoma (middle ear tumor) and repair damage caused by said cholesteatoma when I was twelve years old. I had spent several years suffering from chronic ear infections that my pediatrician did nothing about besides recommend home remedies. Dr. Foyt went above and beyond to ensure that I could be made well again after years of neglect from my pediatrician. I went to regular follow-up appointments with him for about ten years and he respected the fact that I didn't want a hearing aid although he recommended it (I tried on a "test" hearing aid and I really didn't like how it sounded -- he understood). He always listened to me and appreciated my concerns for the ten years that I saw him. I really wish I could have taken him with me when I moved to the midwest, but alas. Seeing Dr. Foyt was always pleasant (slightly long wait times but there are fish tanks and the office is clean so it's mostly okay) and I definitely recommend him to anyone having ear issues. He is a popular Doctor but is so worth it.

Excellent doctor show details Excellent doctor
Jun 9th, 2015

Excellent ear subspecialist

Happy patient show details Happy patient
Feb 16th, 2015

Dr. Foyt took care of a problem that nobody wanted to handle. My positional vertigo did not respond to the usual treatments. He performed an inner ear (balance canal) plugging operation that worked beautifully! He takes care of the most challenging problems that other docs do not want to or cannot treat.

Jun 5th, 2014

Went for severe vertigo, balance issues, and tinnitus. I spent 20 minutes filling out paperwork in the office. I spent about 3 minutes with Dr Foyt. He was in a rush, and was speaking so fast that at one point he was completely unintelligible. He asked what I did for a living, then insulted my profession. He asked very few questions about my symptoms and told me with certainty that I did not have a vestibular disorder. Thus, he recommended that I stop vestibular rehabilitation therapy. He stated vertigo could be caused by "multiple sclerosis or nothing at all." He recommended that I have an MRI which I did and it came back clean. At my follow up appointment he seemed to have forgotten his original ruling of non-vestibular vertigo and insisted that I go back to physical therapy. When I ask what I should do if I had another severe episode he said he would give me valium. Very bizarre man. Not professional. Zero bedside manner. Did not bother to correctly diagnose, treat or educate me.

Great subspecialist show details Great subspecialist
Feb 24th, 2014

I was refered to Dr. Foyt by an ENT doctor. They explained he was a specialist's subspecialist (go figure). I had a little trouble getting in and waited about 15 min. Lots of paperwork but the fish and coffee cart was nice. He diagnosed and explained my problem. He offered some no surgical options first that is greatly appreciated.

by Rebecca on Aug 31st, 2013

Dr.Foyt operated on me in 2007 for a tumor which was benign. The tumor originated in my mastoid bone and my ear and penetrated my skull. If it had not been for him I would not be alive today. He was patient with me and was willing to go the extra mile. He saved my life and I will be eternally grateful to him. I miss him and his kind staff,they were all so nice to me. !!! THANK YOU DR. FOYT and DR. AWWAD !!!! I am doing great!!

Disappointed show details Disappointed
Aug 9th, 2012

I waited a long time in his office and being hearing impaired made it difficult to know if my name was called. I would not have minded waiting if he spent a few more minutes with me. I felt rushed and like he could not be bothered helping me or explaining my test results. The audiologist equipment seems outdated with not even using a standard recording. I did fill all that paper work out and doubt he even glanced at it.I doubt I will ever go back to him. also for a doctor dealing with hearing loss I would suggest his videos have closed captions on his office web site.

May 23rd, 2012

Have had 2 separate visits to Dr Foyte's office....both times spent approx. 45 minutes with assistants/waiting and no more than 3 minutes with Dr Foyte.I spent 20 minutes completing ~12 pages of background info, but have a feeling none of it was reviewed by Dr Foyte....and none was discussed with me. During most recent visit, I mentioned that the visit felt "rushed"....personally I will not be seeing Dr Foyte anymore.

Great Doctor. I give him the highest recommendation show details Great Doctor. I give him the highest recommendation
Jul 19th, 2011

Dr. Foyt diagnosed my hearing loss as otosclerosis and explained clearly what my options were. I chose to have the surgery (stapedectomy) and the operation was 100 percent successful. My hearing is restored and I have only praise for Doctor Foyt and his staff who are extremely professiona. He inspires confidence at every level. He told me what I could expect at every juncture and it was exactly as he said. Based on my experience, I can heartily recommend Dr. Foyt. He's an exceptional doctor with a great staff/practice!

Great doctor if you can get an appointment show details Great doctor if you can get an appointment
Jun 28th, 2011

Suberb subspecialist.Had to wait a while to get in but it was worth it.Once your in it is easier to get followups.

Great Ear Doctor show details Great Ear Doctor
May 24th, 2011

Knew his stuff. Accurate diagnosis. Beautiful office.

Apr 23rd, 2011

Dr Foyt is a great doctor, he has a decent bedside manner and generally is a likeable guy. He took care of my ear and hopefully this will be the end of my issues with the ear. I switched to him from Albany ENT and Dr Foyts practice is much better!

Long drive but worth it show details Long drive but worth it
May 10th, 2010

He is an ear subspecialist. So if you are looking for a general Ear Nose Throat go somwhere else. That being said he is supposed to be the best around the Northeast in ear related problems. He knew exactly what my problem was after I had seen multiple general ENT docs and was finally referred by one to him.

Excellent show details Excellent
by excellent care on Oct 2nd, 2009

Explained how my ear works and explained my Meniere's disease better than anybody else. Beautiful super high end office. I could not have been treated better.

Top rated specialist in ear disease show details Top rated specialist in ear disease
by jeorgedoe@yahoo.com on Sep 30th, 2009

My only complaint is that I have to travel two hours to see this doctor. He was referred by my general Ear Nose Throat doctor to treat my cholesteatoma and hearing loss. Superb state of the art office (he took a picture of my ear and sent it to me and my docs by email). My result was excellent and the few trips were worth every gallon of gas. You can contact me if you have any other questions you can contact me.

Excellent subspecialist show details Excellent subspecialist
by Utica mom on May 5th, 2009

Dr. Foyt was referred by my general Ear Nose Throat doctor. I was able to get all of the testing done while we waited which was great since we travel over three hours from past Utica to get to his center. Great fish tanks as well!

Very satisfied show details Very satisfied
by Very satisfied on Feb 2nd, 2009

I do not know what the one person is talking about. Dr. Foyt is an ear subspecialist. If you have a throat or sinus problem you should see a general ear nose and throat doctor. He is the default ear subspecialist in the greater Capital region. He has taken care of two of my friends and me. Allways courtious, professional, and caring. If he cannot solve your ear, hearing, balance problem (I have Meniere's Disease) then nobody can.

A caring doctor who is the specialists subspecialist show details A caring doctor who is the specialists subspecialist
by satisfied mom on Jan 30th, 2009

Dr Foyt is the only subspecialty board certified ear specialist in the Albany area. He takes on the most difficult problems that other Ear Nose and Throat doctors send him. He was the only one that could address my spn's problems. I recommend him highly

Stay Away show details Stay Away
Feb 19th, 2008

In my opinion, his behavior was extremely inappropriate. He not only missed the diagnosis but sent me home in pain. He was discompassionate and nasty.