Dr. David Frye DO Patient Reviews

1.6

• Good
  • Bad

August 17th, 2017
Horrible Dr no beside manner, lied about what my pcp said says I'm fine to return to work, I also believe he's a crooked do as he's told by the insurance companies so they can drop your insurance and not pay anymore differ try getting a lawyer on the case

March 28th, 2016
patient
This guy is the worst dr. I have ever seen in my life, he didn't want my husband in the room, but I insisted, and when my husband spoke, he told him to shut up, and if he spoke one more word, he would have him thrown out. He said he was not allowed in there and I told him if he was not allowed in there, I would leave with him. All my husband asked was why he kept asking me all the questions about the accident, especially asking what color was the car who hit me, he said "isn't; she here for a medical exam?". Anyway, this was for my own insurance company, and after Frye examined me, his report said my injury was NEVER from the accident, after my insurance company had already sent me to another IME 5 years earlier, who said it was from the accident, but after I was older, it had changed to age related injury, which my attorney proved wrong and my policy was reinstated. Now Frye's report said it was never from the accident, and I was once again cancelled. How can the insurance company pay my doctor bills for 13 years and then say it was not an injury from the accident? They can't, but they do. They get away with it every day. In Mi. where I live, we pay for and have "lifetime medical coverage" on your auto insurance, which means you have lifetime coverage until they send you to a crooked IME and he comes up with a reason to cancel you. I still have no coverage and probably wont get it back, but I will continue to sue them over and over again if I have to to make it as hard as I can on them after what they have done to me. I don't have any recourse on Frye except to write my experience here about him, and to refuse to call him a DOCTOR, I will never call him anything buy Frye. He doesn't deserve a dr. in front of his name, or a Mr. because he is neither. The joke was bedside manner on your stars, he is absolutely the worst doctor ever, he is mean and ornery, and must hate life because he makes life miserable for everyone he sees. He must enjoy seeing what people say about him, otherwise, he would change his ways and say no to insurance companies who want him to lie.

March 17th, 2016
patient
If you have been told you need to see this Dr for a workman comp IME appointment, see if you can ask for a different doctor. I read the reviews before going to this appointment. Everything to the tee happened just as the others have stated. I don't know how the Michigan Medical Board allows this Dr to continue to practice, or that he treats patients the way that he does, considering that a Dr takes an oath to do no harm to their patients, but I guess in this doctors case the money has clouded his professional standards! I wish the prior patients who have sought legal representation would post their lawyers information, to help all future patients. Best wishes to every patient who comes in contact with this doctor.

February 20th, 2016
Sent to Dr Frye as an IME, run if you can and get a lawyer

November 5th, 2015
Paid for the Insurance companies. Wish I could rate a 0.
Paid for by insurance companies to lie about patient and their injuries in order for the insurance company to discontinue paying for treatment. Gave inaccurate information about past employment, information unrelated to the injuries sustained in order to allow insurance company to say injuries unrelated to accident. Well, DUH!!! I told him my knees had NOTHING to do with the accident and that I did NOT receive treatment for them that was billed to the Auto Insurance. His x-ray tech MADE me mark my knee pain on the paper and did x-rays anyway. Why? So they would have even more reason to deny. Do NOT trust this Dr. He is incompetent and in it for the money, ONLY!!!! Of course he will side with the insurance company, that is what he is paid to do.

May 26th, 2015
Get an Attorney...This Frye is a Joke.....
I had 2 doctors already tell me I had a tear in my rotor cuff, and had the MRI to back it up. Well Frye said I was able to go to work and lift up to 25 pounds. Well I went and had the surgery and found out also during the surgery I had more problems then just the tear. Workmans comp makes you go to this quack and you don"t have a choice. So, when you are done with this Frye appointment get you an Attorney and keep dates and notes and get copy's of all your medical for every appointment. If this makes me give any stars, I want to be able to give him minus stars. There was nothing on the Frye's report that was hardly true.. RUN and get your Attorney all set up so when you get your copy of your report go to a workman's comp Attorney.....Don't wait... This says he has 33 years experience in What???? Not being a Doctor or telling the Truth... And I waited in the waiting room for over an hour and no one else was there. And it took less then 10 min. of running his so called test and then ask questions , for about 5 min. So if he gets paid $1,200- 1,500 per person to lie.. That money that workman's comp spent for that could of went to seeing a real doctor.... wow that's a lot of pay for 15 min....

February 17th, 2015
the person appointed to be with me, he called them hostile! He treated her poorly!

September 23rd, 2014
Things you can do
I just read Misty's review and concur 100% with her evaluation as my experience was the same, rotator curff and all. Also,you CAN have someone go is with you for your evaluation. Either make such a big stink in the office they give in or call your insurance co and ask them if they have ever heard of this practice. This is what I did because I reviewed Dr. Frye before my appointment. My insurance Co. called his office and asked about this practice and then I was allowed to have my sister go in with me. That is, after I arrived for my appointment and they told me no she couldn't go in, I reminded them State Farm had already called and cleared it. After fumbling through some papers the receptionist said "oh yes here it is". After all, no witness it is just your word against his. He is on a list of available Dr.'s for companies to choose . That company is Evaluations Plus. Inc.19500 Middlebelt Rd. Suite 216W Livonia, Mi 48152. Write them and tell them your experience, make it a matter of record you did report it. Talk to your insurance agent and explain what happened. Mine got right on the phone and tried to help. Again it will be a matter of record. Your are not protected by the state of Mi. regulatory laws because this is not a patient/Dr. relationship, just an evaluation. Laws suits are your only alternative besides giving up so report everything to anyone who might be able to help.

August 25th, 2014
WAY LESS THAN ONE STAR!!!!!LIAR!!!!! GET AN ATTORNEY!!
I was forced to see this man for a second opinion during an "independent" medical exam-IME- for a torn rotator cuff, which was clearly shown on my MRI from my shoulder surgeon. He yanked my arm up above my head so hard I almost came out of my chair and cried! I did yell out how much it hurt though! He put on his report "No verbalization of pain with full rotation of shoulder". It's great to find out how work comp pays this LIAR $1200-1500 to write what they want to hear on his report. He didn't even acknowledge my MRI or address the tear in my shoulder at all. I showed him pictures of the job I worked for 12 years and how it hurt my shoulder. His paperwork stated "Tendonosis" (which is multiple small tears in shoulder btw, caused by repetitive work). Yet he stated that it was NOT work related. SERIOUSLY?? HUGE FREAKIN' LIAR. He sent an 8 page report to my work comp, employer, and myself- and on each page there were at least 4 LIES or more. DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN and BRING AN ATTORNEY with you. They do not allow you to have any other "witnesses" with you during your exam-hmm wonder why? Thankfully I have a lawsuit going to prove he is a liar and get the payment for my surgery that I deserve!!!

July 4th, 2014
Complain where it might count
I only gave one star because I had to otherwise I couldn't continue. He doesn't deserve it. As a IME patient I looked Dr. Frye up before going to his office. The reviews were not good at all so I contacted my insurance case handler. They were made aware of some of the complaints against Dr. Frye before my appointment but said I had to go anyway. After what I experienced and consider abusive treatment, I contacted my case handler again and reported it. Also my insurance agent I pay premiums to and intend to send a letter to Evaluations Plus Inc. the company that lists Dr.'s for insurance companies to pick from when they want an evaluation. Their web site proclaims the Dr.'s will preform a fair and impartial evaluation. Mine was anything but fair and impartial. Keep sending in comments to sites like this as it helps others who are stuck going to these kinds of Dr.'s but also complain to anyone else involved and do it with a phone call and in writing. This is the only recourse you have other than a law suite. If enough people complain maybe it will get some attention.

June 6th, 2014
Take legal action
First of all if I didn't have to select one star to be able to make my comment, I would have this man in the minus column. After reading the patient reviews, they pretty much match my experience. If you feel that your Dr. is using unethical practices report him/her to the medical regulatory board in Lansing. File a complaint so the board can look into the allegations. If you have a legitimate complaint the board can take action against the Dr. While the comments on line help prospective patients such as myself [so I was prepared before I got to his office and took some precautions] legal action is what will stop this kind of mistreatment. Stand up for yourself and help the next person in line as well. The only follow up would be for a hearing with the medical board.

December 6th, 2013
IN THE POCKET OF STATE FARM
BE PREPARED. You will be ask if received and filled out the paperwork sent to you in advance. Your answer will be NO. You will be handed a pile of things to fill out. But first, you will be ask to sign the top copy...to get the ball rolling. Much to your surprise, the TOP COPY is a document stating you AGREE that NOBODY will be in the exam room with you and the Doctor. DO NOT SIGN! They will take you back for Xrays, then you will be put into a room. The Dr will come in and ask you about your accident. He has the accident report, yet will ask you for details. DO NOT GIVE THAT INFORMATION. HE IS THERE TO EXAMINE YOU FOR MEDICAL REASONS. Time will pass and whoever joined you for this appointment will start getting concerned of your whereabouts. The staff will stick the signed paperwork in their face. They will argue with them. As if there is ANYTHING to argue about. This entire operation is shady. There were 3 people waiting to see this Dr. NOT ONE OF THEM HAD RECEIVED THE PAPERWORK TO FILL OUT in the mail. It's a game they play. It's a scam. AND SHAME ON STATE FARM. YOU SENT ME TO A DOCTOR WHO COULDN'T BOTHER TO SHOWER THAT MORNING. HIS LAB COAT HAD BLOOD STAINS. HIS SHADY OPERATION IS A SCAM.